PDA

View Full Version : P6-FEST: Aqueduct

Kasept
11-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Andy Serling (DT's own 'blackthroatedwind') utilized his Tuesday spot on ATRAB to help us profile the Big A's own modest carryover, a $32,000 satchel o' loot going into Wednesday.

Below is my own view of the racecard with a suggestion for the tricky six pack combining Andy and my views...

SELECTIONS -- Aqueduct P6 (R4-9) Superfecta races indicated by race number in red..

4th: NYB-MDN CLM, 3+, 6.5f (P6, P3)

1. #10 Footman 5-2: First for sale from Ramon
2. #1 Gerald's D J 10-1: 1st w/ Contessa; Adds 'L', Kent D. 2nd
A. #8 Big Bad Monster 12-1: Drops; Cuts back .5f for Ferraro
B. #11 Sal the Pal 6-1: Paraneck heating up 3rd

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD: #2 Mark the Trick 15-1 Last better than it looks

5th: CLM/N1Y, 3+, 6.5f (P3, Grand Slam)

1. #7 Broad Acres 10-1: Pint-sized pony has faced far better 2nd
2. #4 Red Crusader 8-5: Favorite takes precipitous drop 3rd
A. #1 Deer Lake 6-1: Clever Everett sends back just-nipped 7yo
B. #8 Glamdring 15-1: Toscano 7yo 'can do' with repeat of last 4th

6th: NYB-MDN CLM, 2yo, 6f (P4, DD)

Likely the key to the P6 with state-bred diploma grab utterly impossible..

1. #10 Stunt Man 7-2: Carlos colt was OK in bow 2nd
2. #1 Kettle Two 3-1: Pletcher red a logical inclusion Scratched
A. #6 Snuff Box 15-1: ATRAB listner clued us in to Catienus colt
B. #9 Watch Cupid 15-1: Kent D. abandons Ritvo for Deville firster

LONGSHOT ALERTS/SUPER ADD: #5 Fighting Senor 30-1: Debuter is full to good Fighting Speedy (ITM 18/26, $200k+); #12 Look Out Austin 12-1: Schwartz scored at 5-2 with only other MCLM debut runner 4th

7th: CLM/N2L, 3+, 1m (P3)

1. #9 Takeh 6-1: Has been far better horse under Penna's care
2. #2e Sciacca entry 12-1: Our man 'Super G' off to 12/3-1-1 Big A start
A. #4 Miami Sunrise 3-1: Competitive of late, even with Chantal WON
B. #7 Big Chief Bubba 8-1: Klanfer's Paraneck division running well 2nd

EX BX: $51.00 ($2)

8th: ALW/N3L, 3+, 6.5f (DD)

1. #3 Tuffertiger 9-5: KMc gelding NEVER missed exacta in 7 career tries
2. #5 Mr. Umphrey 4-1: Jules gelding away since Christmas '05 2nd
A. #1 Crunch the Numbers 5-1: Listed black (!) colt from Violette-Klaravich
B. #4 Cavallo Pazzo 2-1: Tony Dutrow bring DEL speedster off pair of wins WON

EX BX: $33.60 ($2)

9th: NYB-MSW, F&M-3+, 6.5f

1. #2 Odetta One 9-2: Sciacca-Desormeaux 2nd only to Pletcher-Velasquez!
2. #9 Wisdom and Luck 3-1: A little of both a handicapper's best friends 3rd
A. #7 Keuka Maid 5-1: Morrison a slick stock-placer; Check #'s with Coa WON
B. #8 Where's That Marnie 5-2: Answer to where is usually 2nd, 3rd or 4th 4th

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD: #1 Parade of Beauty 30-1: Oleanik has put them over in past; Note 2 of 3 wins with cutback for $23.60 ROI; USE..

<$200 Combined Pick Six Play:

4: 1-2-10
5: 1-4-7-8
6: 1-6-9-10
7: 4-9
8: 3
9: 2-7

3x4x4x1x1x2 = 96 x $2 = $192

Good luck!
Steve

blackthroatedwind
11-15-2006, 06:53 AM
Let it be known that I am ashamed to be associated with any picks that place the Sciacca entry first in the 7th race.

Is it because he eats the cobbler and I don't?

Kasept
11-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Let it be known that I am ashamed to be associated with any picks that place the Sciacca entry first in the 7th race.

Your refusal to eat the cobbler continues to be a bane on my existence.

To Sciacca's credit, he eats EVERYTHING.. In addition to 'Big G', you also trail Chuck Simon, John Parisella, Pat Kelly, Steve Alday and Jerry Brown as a quality 'nosher'... Like you however, Bobby Frankel and your man Nick eschew the cobbler.. They will only take fresh fruit.

But in deference to your gustatorial preferences, I have placed the Yiddishy 'Takeh' on top in the 7th race...

blackthroatedwind
11-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Your refusal to eat the cobbler continues to be a bane on my existence.

To Sciacca's credit, he eats EVERYTHING.. In addition to 'Big G', you also trail Chuck Simon, John Parisella, Pat Kelly, Steve Alday and Jerry Brown as a quality 'nosher'... Like you however, Bobby Frankel and your man Nick eschew the cobbler.. They will only take fresh fruit.

But in deference to your gustatorial preferences, I have placed the Yiddishy 'Takeh' on top in the 7th race...

Given the company, Pat and Chuck may be switching to the other team next year.

paisjpq
11-15-2006, 09:03 AM

it is because he BRINGS the cobbler and you don't:p

blackthroatedwind
11-15-2006, 09:25 AM
it is because he BRINGS the cobbler and you don't:p

Now I'm REALLY glad I've turned it down.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-15-2006, 09:37 AM
ouch!!!!gastro-death match here

oracle80
11-15-2006, 10:06 AM
http://www.equibase.com/premium/changes/AQU-changes.asp

This is the latest update of scratches at the Big A. Couple of jock switches as well. Track is listed as good.

oracle80
11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Here is my Aqueduct ticket

4th- 1,5,7,10,11,12
5th- 4,5
6th- 1,2,4,7,10
7th- 4
8th- 3,4,5
9th- 2,8

philcski
11-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Playing 5 (small) tickets with the focus on Hollyweird:
2,10,11 / 4 / 1,10 / 5 / 3 / 8
2,10,11 / 1,7,8,10 / 1,10 / 5 / 3 / 8
2,10,11 / 4 / 3,5 / 5 / 3 / 8
2,10,11 / 4 / 1,10 / 5 / 2 / 8
2,10,11 / 4 / 1,10 / 5 / 3 / 2,9
Total cost $96.

Kasept
11-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Will try to salvage a dreadful day at AQU with See-Ach-Ah and some dabbling with Parade of Beauty at 35-1+...

Haven't seen the P6 will pays so don't know if we get another crack at this tomorrow? Anybody notice?

PSH
11-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Kent D. never got the horse out of the gate.....
Ran on fairly good but.....

PSH:(

philcski
11-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Will try to salvage a dreadful day at AQU with See-Ach-Ah and some dabbling with Parade of Beauty at 35-1+...

Haven't seen the P6 will pays so don't know if we get another crack at this tomorrow? Anybody notice?

Got hit, for $36K. I think i had two winners in all of my tickets. Good thing i wasn't there to waste more money than my pick 6 debacle.

blackthroatedwind
11-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Pretty amazing considering the parlay was over $70K.

I could never have hit it. Even with a couple seconds in the first two legs I would never have used the winner of the feature.

oracle80
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Pretty amazing considering the parlay was over $70K.

I could never have hit it. Even with a couple seconds in the first two legs I would never have used the winner of the feature.

It was bizarre, not amazing. Before the race went off they showed the payouts. Both the 2 and the 9 were alive for one ticket holder at 108 grand. Stunningly the 7 was alive for 36 grand, or three tickets.
I don't mean to sound conspiracy minded, but someone really needs to look at those tickets.
This is just another in a long line of strange pik-6 payouts since summertime.
Obviously one ticket most likely was alive with all three of those horses, I'd bet that one guy had the 2,7,9 on his ticket. But that means that two tickets were most likely sold with the 7 singled.
This is very hard for me to believe, exteremly hard. I had her as my third selection in the race, and in doing surgery on the ticket lopped off the 7 and killed the patient(never would have had the first leg winner, in a race that set up and was run every strangely, anyone have any idea what Kent D was doing on the 1 horse?). Its not at all surprising to me that the 7 horse won, but is shocking to me that two guys would have her singled on a ticket with all the other winners. I really would like to see this matter looked at.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
YESH only reason to like that one is coa...lol..and the scr of the 1 at the gate busted out many as they got stuck with the ptf 10...he ran well but i wouldent want him twice...

oracle80
11-15-2006, 05:48 PM
YESH only reason to like that one is coa...lol..and the scr of the 1 at the gate busted out many as they got stuck with the ptf 10...he ran well but i wouldent want him twice...

Well she was one of the three I thought could win, I have no problem with her winning.
I do find it exteremely hard to believe that not one, but two folks went deep enough and spent enough cash to have the other winners and be alive but spent all that cash and singled the 7 in the last. No way Jose, this is not Kosher and Steve and I have been talking about the strange pik-6 payouts since summertime.
The parlay was 70 grand, and maybe you could expect one guy to have it, thats about right. But two tickets at least with the horse singled? I'm having a hard time buying that, a very hard time.
This needs to be looked into and an explanation given. Perhaps its just a coiincidence or maybe someone playing a small ticket getting lucky, but this does not sound legit to me.

KY_Sasquash
11-16-2006, 09:08 AM
It was bizarre, not amazing. Before the race went off they showed the payouts. Both the 2 and the 9 were alive for one ticket holder at 108 grand. Stunningly the 7 was alive for 36 grand, or three tickets.
I don't mean to sound conspiracy minded, but someone really needs to look at those tickets.
Obviously one ticket most likely was alive with all three of those horses, I'd bet that one guy had the 2,7,9 on his ticket. But that means that two tickets were most likely sold with the 7 singled.
This is very hard for me to believe, exteremly hard. I had her as my third selection in the race, and in doing surgery on the ticket lopped off the 7 and killed the patient(never would have had the first leg winner, in a race that set up and was run every strangely, anyone have any idea what Kent D was doing on the 1 horse?). Its not at all surprising to me that the 7 horse won, but is shocking to me that two guys would have her singled on a ticket with all the other winners. I really would like to see this matter looked at.

I thought the same thing. quite odd.

philcski
11-16-2006, 10:27 AM

How many tickets were live to the 8?

oracle80
11-16-2006, 11:35 AM
How many tickets were live to the 8?

None were, and that also is very strange.

philcski
11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
None were, and that also is very strange.

hmmm... and the 8 was clearly best over the 7 in their last, with no real excuses for either. that's even more odd.

i didn't see any of the races yesterday but i know my pick 6 ticket was so far off it didn't make any sense...