PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Sunday 11/12

brianwspencer
11-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Haven't had a good chance to look over the PPs yet -- but will be playing Churchill tomorrow. If anyone thinks they've got a live horse to take a good long look at -- here's the place to share!

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Race 3 - Susie's Gal - She is a half-sister to Bright One and should appreciate the added ground to around two turns being by Alphabet Soup....her low last-out Beyer fig will make her a decent value in here for Romans...

Race 6 - Neon Lipstick - Can upset in a WIDE-OPEN race, as many have seconditis....bad, bad race and wouldn't be surprised to see a big price win it....

Race 8 - Right Place N Time - Good betting race...I like Go Bucky Go but he will get a lot of early pressure and the CD stretch may be just a bit long to hold up off the layoff.....Right Place N Time is a nice horse who obviously hated Polytrack and his price will benefit from that....He'll be flying late and is the value of the race...

Race 10 - Catmeifyoucan - Classic Asmussen spotting pattern....these don't lose often....

Good luck, man!

brianwspencer
11-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Race 3 - Susie's Gal - She is a half-sister to Bright One and should appreciate the added ground to around two turns being by Alphabet Soup....her low last-out Beyer fig will make her a decent value in here for Romans...

Race 6 - Neon Lipstick - Can upset in a WIDE-OPEN race, as many have seconditis....bad, bad race and wouldn't be surprised to see a big price win it....

Race 8 - Right Place N Time - Good betting race...I like Go Bucky Go but he will get a lot of early pressure and the CD stretch may be just a bit long to hold up off the layoff.....Right Place N Time is a nice horse who obviously hated Polytrack and his price will benefit from that....He'll be flying late and is the value of the race...

Race 10 - Catmeifyoucan - Classic Asmussen spotting pattern....these don't lose often....

Good luck, man!

thanks man, i'll take a long look at those and get back to you tonight! - bw

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Would have given out CORPORAL at 23-1 in the first but they didn't want it spread for claim reasons....too bad he was claimed anyway and the horse should have won....ran second after clipping heals down the backstretch....he was mcuh the best and ran second....only had him to win too :mad: :mad:

Also, Al Stall is really the trainer on Bright Hall (runnnig under Reinstedler's name but going with Al to FG) in the 7th and loves the horse although he is running out of his conditions....I like Hanky Panky in the race for what its worth.....

on a suuny day
11-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Nice pick in the 3rd CR, how well do you like the 12 in the 8th? I am trying to put a tri together I like the 1 very much 7,8, 10.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-12-2006, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Cunningham Racing]Would have given out CORPORAL at 23-1 in the first but they didn't want it spread for claim reasons.......YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING...REDBOARDING IS ILLEGAL AT DT you have been warned...not to mention that you giving out a horse thats getting claimed is so wrong on many levels..one has nothing to do with the other.....please.....red boarding even a cave man can do it!!

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=Cunningham Racing]Would have given out CORPORAL at 23-1 in the first but they didn't want it spread for claim reasons.......YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING...REDBOARDING IS ILLEGAL AT DT you have been warned...not to mention that you giving out a horse thats getting claimed is so wrong on many levels..one has nothing to do with the other.....please.....red boarding even a cave man can do it!!

I am very close to the Werner camp and when a first-time starter is running for maiden $15,000 claimers, you don't run your mouth when they like a horse....AND IT IS STRICTLY FOR CLAIM REASONS...this one was claimed anyway so it is likely that word was out enough.....

That makes negative post #3 from you today, Hooves.....Remember, by DT law you only have two more and it is noty even 3 yet...use them wisely :D

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Nice pick in the 3rd CR, how well do you like the 12 in the 8th? I am trying to put a tri together I like the 1 very much 7,8, 10.

You have to like Bejarano on a horse who seems to love the one-turn mile trip, likes CD, and is always tough when they have to drop into these conditional-claiming spots to get a win because the horse is a shade below a-other-thans in KY......Wilkes is solid enough...He rates the best chance to win IMO...The Bright Hall horse is the steam horse if you care to know what the connections think - but I would still lean to Hanky Pank.

Good luck, man...

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-12-2006, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=hoovesupsideyourhead]

I am very close to the Werner camp and when a first-time starter is running for maiden $15,000 claimers, you don't run your mouth when they like a horse....AND IT IS STRICTLY FOR CLAIM REASONS...this one was claimed anyway so it is likely that word was out enough.....

That makes negative post #3 from you today, Hooves.....Remember, by DT law you only have two more and it is noty even 3 yet...use them wisely :D
well joel we are going to have to paint you yellow and call you one way...you want priase for giving the public dters a capt obv 8/5 shot but you keep the 23-1 to yourself....oh i see how you are.......

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Cunningham Racing]
well joel we are going to have to paint you yellow and call you one way...you want priase for giving the public dters a capt obv 8/5 shot but you keep the 23-1 to yourself....oh i see how you are.......

Again, had it not been an attempt at stealing a race and them not wanting to lose a horse for $15K that nobody knew anything about - then I would have given it away....I get these on occasion and when they tell you not to say a word - you DON'T say a word because claims on horses are at stake....

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Al Stall's horse (Bright Hall running under Reinstedler's name) got the money like they thought....paid $12.80 :D

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-12-2006, 02:50 PM
you liked hanky panky..for what its worth...i tabbed bright hall on top this am..lol

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 02:58 PM
you liked hanky panky..for what its worth...i tabbed bright hall on top this am..lol

Nice job....I used them both, as my opinion was not strong on Hanky Panky from the far outside in a one-turn mile...I actually don't like much todat at the Church...the 8th is a great betting race but the two horses I like have the two worst posts...

Go Bucky Go drew the rail and has to be sent from there and may come up short down that long CD stretch if pressed hard, which he figures to be....Right Place N Time should be closing and I liked him alot on his Polytrack debacles thinking his price would be 10-1-ish, but they are betting him down and I'm not sure if its worth it from the far outside going six panels....Curtain Bluff also fits in a wide-open race....But this is just reading the Form - I don't have Sheets or anything on today's races.....

I'll probably play a little on Asmussen's horse if the price floats up a bit to pass the time.....the football games on TV suck today :D

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Nice job....I used them both, as my opinion was not strong on Hanky Panky from the far outside in a one-turn mile...I actually don't like much todat at the Church...the 8th is a great betting race but the two horses I like have the two worst posts...

Go Bucky Go drew the rail and has to be sent from there and may come up short down that long CD stretch if pressed hard, which he figures to be....Right Place N Time should be closing and I liked him alot on his Polytrack debacles thinking his price would be 10-1-ish, but they are betting him down and I'm not sure if its worth it from the far outside going six panels....Curtain Bluff also fits in a wide-open race....But this is just reading the Form - I don't have Sheets or anything on today's races.....

I'll probably play a little on Asmussen's horse if the price floats up a bit to pass the time.....the football games on TV suck today :D
jets jets jets...note to tj huzmansata keep your head up...lol

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Go Bucky Go is breaking from post 5, not the rail.
My bad...was seeing on CD site that he was listed first as POE and entrymate scratched.....either way, he'll he plenty of heat up front from Grand Escape and others....that strcth can be a LONG one to finish down for layoff horses in a tough field....think he's the best on ability, but not sure how good of a betting proposition he is based on how the race figures to unfold....

Cunningham Racing
11-13-2006, 09:40 AM
<<Race 8 - Right Place N Time - Good betting race...I like Go Bucky Go but he will get a lot of early pressure and the CD stretch may be just a bit long to hold up off the layoff.....Right Place N Time is a nice horse who obviously hated Polytrack and his price will benefit from that....He'll be flying late and is the value of the race...>>

So much for flying late!!!..I didn't realize Bridgmohan would try to press a fast pace while racing in the middle of the track from the freakin' 12-hole.....I swear, these jocks will KILL you at times....:D

bellsbendboy
11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Cunningham

Two inquiries: 1) If you are close to the Werner camp why not some steam on Grand Escape? He looked best on the paper and ran a huge race.

And 2) Why the knock on Bridgmohan? His mount (Rightplaceintime) had not run competitively since the injury, and in his last he ran very poorly. Thanks.

Cunningham Racing
11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey Cunningham

Two inquiries: 1) If you are close to the Werner camp why not some steam on Grand Escape? He looked best on the paper and ran a huge race.

And 2) Why the knock on Bridgmohan? His mount (Rightplaceintime) had not run competitively since the injury, and in his last he ran very poorly. Thanks.

Like 90% of the horses from that barn, he didn't like the Polytrack - and that was the surface he had been running on in his last few races when turning in bad efforts.....I didn't like the fact that Bridge sent him into what we knew was going to be a quick pace - and an obvious wide, dueling trip for him....that horse can rate...I watched him do it last winter at FG when it looked like he was cut out to be a nice horse....didn't need to shoot to the lead there from post 12...

Grand Escape was steam in his first start last year at FG (I think he lost actually...pps not in front of me) and he was steam when Ronny got him on the grass and we cashed good on him then...Its not that he wasn't liked in the race, it is that I believed him to be better sprinting on the grass....

That allowance race had plenty of speed and it looked like it would soften him up like iot did Asmussen's horse and the favorite.....Remember, steam is like any other advice - you get a lot of it and you have to know when to take it and who to take it from :D ....deciphering through it is actually more art than science :D :D

bellsbendboy
11-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Find it hard to believe that 90 percent of a trainers stock did not like a surface!

Rightplacerighttime has all the look of a "runoff". He did pass a few in his allowance score but he was 3-5 and the last three eighths was in a glacial forty seconds.

You must have bet a ton when Grand Escape won on the grass; he paid $3.20

Cunningham Racing
11-13-2006, 04:31 PM
"Some of ours just didn't run well on the Polytrack (at Keeneland). They trained well over there, which is fine, but some of them just didn't run well over it. I'm not bad-mouthing it - it's just a fact."

--Scott Blasi

...Believe me, this barn is extremely sharp about knowing when their horses are going to fire big...ust trust me on that one...probably the best at REALLY knowing than most out there, and even they didn't know what the hell was going on with their stock at KEE.....

bellsbendboy
11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
I guess there is a gap between your use of the term "ninety percent" and his use of the word "some". One reason this barn will never do well at Keeneland is the stock in the barn, Assmussen/Blasi are basically claiming trainers and excell with horses running for tags that have conditions. At Keeneland, races for these types are seldom carded. Additionally because of their sheer numbers they can drop one in, lose it, then replace it, all in the same day.

Their biggest (non-pharmaceutical) advantage is that their operation with young horses is superb. Their youngsters are very well prepared, and often win "off" the farm.

With that aside, I am still a bit confused given your "in" with the Werner barn, selecting a horse (Rightplaceintime) that looked awful, and yet, not mention the Werner colt (Grand Escape that looked a standout!

Cunningham Racing
11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Grand Escape was beaten by like 4 lengths with a golden trip.....he wasn't fast enough to win the race with his best IMO, while Asmussen's horse was and so was Go Bucky Go.....again, you get steam on horses and have to process it with other variables you know and come to a conclusion based on your convistions and instincts....I didn't think Grand Escape could win the race and he didn't....

Hell, I almost didn't use Bright Hall but am glad I did when he paid $12.80 because he was being touted like mad, however the person who was touting him is one who I normally will disregard because I haven't had much luck with touts from that barn....

It is what it is, man...you get LOADS of steam after knowing people in this business and being around the track and you have to know how to process it. When I hear of a horse who has never run and has slow works and a no-name jockey on his back - like Corporal - and he goes off at 23-1, I'll take SERIOUS notice on that steam....Grand Escape in a tough field at a fraction of the price doesn't appeal to me.....sorry

Oh, and watch out stereotyping the Ass-man's fleet as a big operation that is only good in the claim game and with babies.....now that he finally has an owner who will spend some cash (Jess Jackson) he is getting some VERY nice and expensive horse flesh - plenty good enough to win at Keeneland. Hell, he has a leading Derby candidate right now in Tiz Wonderful and even before that he had SEVERAL graded stakes winners over the last 5 years or so......its not like he trains a bunch of crippled claimers....he has quality too...

A year or two ago his biggest owner was Mr. Heiligbrodt but that guy only spent up to $180K or so for a horse, which was stepping out for him - and Steve picked out some very nice horses for bargain prices... he did the same for Mr. McCarty last year....Now he has the wallet to go deep in the sales and he has horses like Napa Cat, Kuaui Calls, Tiz Wonderful, etc. to show for it....

Also, he has won Keeneland training titles before - so I guess that dispells the myth that he can't win races at that track....I believe the reason that most of his horses didn't fire big there this past meet is because he trains so much speed into them and speed was NOT the tactic that you wanted to have if you were going to win races last month in Lexington......and yes, MOST of his horses failed to run as well as they expected at KEE last month....whether the number was 90% or 83% or 96.237% - I don't know...I didn't mean it that literally....

paisjpq
11-13-2006, 06:00 PM
the little lights are not twinkling Clark...

I know Art, thanks for noticing...;)

my absolute favorite movie ever

Cunningham Racing
11-13-2006, 06:12 PM
the little lights are not twinkling Clark...

I know Art, thanks for noticing...;)

my absolute favorite movie ever

I watched it for the 67,489th time in my life last night and still wound up bellied-over on the floor spitting my beer everywhere....classic stuff....one of those movies that you can watch in a pissed off mood and it will have you in the best spirits afterward...

”Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey he is. Hallelujah. Where's the Tylenol?” --- Clark W. Griswold

...gotta love it;)

paisjpq
11-13-2006, 06:28 PM
so uh Eddie where'd you get the tenament on wheels?
oh that? that ther's an RV...
looks so nice parked there in the drive way...
yup yup don't you go fallin in love with it now, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month...

Cunningham Racing
11-13-2006, 06:35 PM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6036/squirreliy8.gif

paisjpq
11-13-2006, 06:37 PM
SHHH I hear it too....

ArlJim78
11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Cousin Eddie "Sh!tters full!"

paisjpq
11-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Cousin Eddie "Sh!tters full!"
UNCLE EDDIE...c'mon Jim keep up;)

paisjpq
11-13-2006, 06:42 PM
squirrel!!!

ArlJim78
11-13-2006, 06:43 PM
UNCLE EDDIE...c'mon Jim keep up;)
Nope, you'd be wrong. He was Ellens cousin Eddie.
that's how its listed in the credits.

Cunningham Racing
11-13-2006, 06:45 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6630/blessingch3.gif

paisjpq
11-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Nope, you'd be wrong. He was Ellens cousin Eddie.
that's how its listed in the credits.
touchee...could have sworn he is reffered to as uncle eddie in X-mas vaca.

every time catherine reved up the microwave I'd crap my pants and forget who I was for an hour...

ArlJim78
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM
When you think of funny holiday movies, this is one of the classics.

Eddie - You surprised to see us Clark?
Clark - Eddie, if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be any more surprised than I am now.

paisjpq
11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
she falls in a well her eyes go crossed, gets kicked by a mule they go back...I don't know.

you might want to take a raincheck on that art he's got a lip fungus they ain't identified yet.

bellsbendboy
11-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Good points on Assmussen. But your race analysis, both before and after is perplexing. Seriously, no animosity aimed at you, but being new to this board I try to learn what people know. If I help some people so be it, and if I learn.... excellent.

You and I are different. You are in the "know" which is great, but I am an old school capper. I think the more time spent in the DRF, combined with decades of painful "lessons" gives us old-timers an advantage.

Earlier this thread you stated that Go Bucky Go drew the rail and that was inaccurate. Your last post concluded that Grand Escape was not fast enough to win, and that is difficult to back up with any data.
Thorograph had him MANY lengths faster than the others, the DRF credited 'Escape with a lofty 102 speed rating in his last, and he beat the eventual race winner handy in that race.

Also you mentioned he was beaten four lengths with a perfect trip. Neither accurate. My take was : Grand Escape broke very well, taken in hand, advanced outside five or six wide, game on at the pole. The rider throws two crosses, the colt explodes to challenge, then the rider drops the stick nearing the sixteenth marker, yet the colt gamely held the place. He was beat two lengths.

Again no offense intended, but it seems you did not spend a bunch of time cappin this heat. Not sour grapes here, as I tagged the exacta after tough beat at 12-1 in the previous race. Race victor True Course was claimed and had the best work of the day last Monday oddly, under Bridgmohan. Could not include him in the sequence at 2 for 16 but he figured close. By the way what this movie baloney? BBB

Crown@club
11-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Can I get anything for you Eddie? Can I refill your eggnog for ya? Get ya something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave ya for dead?

No I'm fine Clark

Cajungator26
11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Ellen - Clark, I think it'd be best if everyone went home... before things get worse.

Clark - WORSE? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell.

And my all time fave...

Audrey - Do you sleep with YOUR brother? Do you know how sick and twisted that is, Mom?

Ellen - Well, I'm sleeping with your father.

LMFAO!!! :D