PDA

View Full Version : Selection SAT - CD Late PK4 and more

Bogey
11-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Hawthrone - Race 2

#12 Mercy Me - He was a $270K purchase last Sept at KEE. He's by hot young sire Orientate and in his debut on 10/14 he bled. Today Von Hemel adds the blinkers and 1st time Lasix. All systems go for his graduation this afternoon.

Race 8 - High Alexander 100K

#9 Wiggins - Crushed these types of statebreds in his last two encounters with them and I expect much of the same here. ML 3-1, I'd be surprised if he went off at even money.

Churchill Downs - Race 7 - Late Pk 4

Leg 1 - Race 7

#3 Big Prairie - Decent in G3 Sycamore at KEE and before that he won back to back races at the Spa.

#1 General Jumbo (GB) - The cut back should help and he's faced stakes company in last three.

#9 Creative Force - Faces an easier group here and has the talent to score at a price.

#11 Electric Chant - He's in good form and pilot Borel is red hot.

Leg 2 - Race 8

#6 Minefield - Dominated by 8 1/2 lengths in his debut back in May at CD. Training like at champ for his return.

#4 Promisei'llbehome - Impressive winner at KEE and comes in off 3 bullets in a row for Sheppard.

Leg 3 - Race 9

#4 Outperformance - G3 Hill Prince winner is a major player here.

#2 Brilliant - Bounced big time in the HAW Derby off his huge effort in the Kent BC. The one to beat.

#7 Arbuckle Bandit - Solid on the lawn for Stidham.

# 5 Hesandoldsalt - Makes his turf debut for Zito.

#8 Storm Treasure - Hard to believe only one career victory, but he's eligble to improve off last effort.

Leg 4 - Race 10

#12 Forty Grams - He was making a run in his debut before having trouble at the 16th pole and still managed to finish 4th. I have no problem singling the Blasi runner.

Late Pk 4 - 1 3 6 9 with 4 6 with 2 4 5 7 8 with 12 = $40 for a buck play.

Aqueduct - Race 6 - G2 Red Smith

#11 ALWAYS FIRST (GB) - G2 winner in Cali last summer makes his 3rd start off the bench. He ran a solid 3rd while five wide in the G3 Sycamore at KEE and closed into pedistrian like fractions. Best Best.

#6 Dreadnaught - Should appreciate this type of competition better.

#1 Spider Power (Ire) - Faces elders for the 1st time. Very consistent and Johnny V hops aboard.

#9 Islero Noir (Fr) - Has been improving figures wise and Clement was dangerous with these types.

Good Racing Luck

bellsbendboy
11-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Definitely playing this sequence as well and will post after lunch. They "should" move back to the hedge today and I would expect some cut in the course. Also Brilliant may be scratched as well as one of the pletcher machines in the allowance. Good luck with another difficult CD pick 4. BBB

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-11-2006, 08:11 AM
good luck bogey...

bellsbendboy
11-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Race 7

Bully For You will not take a lot of money but he is very sharp right now. Holy Bull 4yo makes the conditions by about a hundred bucks and may get a nice stalking trip dropping out of a very difficult spot. Also Brickell out of the same Keeneland race making his third off the break. Billy aimed for stake knowing it would go then caught the rail out in last, tagged for $80K here and worth it. Also Lord Carmen who also caught a bad rail in last and ships for clever owner/trainer.

Race 8 I feel Minefield is the best colt and remember him wrapping up a pick 4 for us in his only start. What was impressive was a horse got loose and they delayed the start some twelve minutes and he did not turn a hair and won very easy, but... Adding Tricky Mon, Point of Reason, Promise and Probation in a wide open affair that someone will make look easy.

COMMONWEALTH Storm Treasure looks like the days best. McCarty charge has had no luck lately and need only get some pace to run these down. Either of his last two would be good enough...if they get to the half in sub :48 head to the window.

Race 10 The ubiquitous cross the last few decades has been Mr. Prospector X Northern Dancer and GRASSHOPPER is inbred 2X4 to the former and 3X4 to the latter. Howard/Farish 2yo is a full to SW Straw Hat and was very green in his debut when second behind a very nice colt. Dixie Union colt worked a half mile in APRIL! and Neil can't keep him off the ground with five October works and a race, very useful five eighths last Saturday, won't be a maiden long. Also Bianchi's Boy for Romans and Winstar who has had trouble in each start but worked back very very well. Note: Romans works almost everything into the turn. Note 2: colt sells Tuesday at Keeneland. Good cappin. BBB

Bogey
11-11-2006, 04:47 PM
BBB, Grasshopper blew my ticket out of the water.

bellsbendboy
11-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Well Bogey I cannot say I am surprised. The only reason I played was a friend went to Las Vegas and asked me for a horse to bet! As you read I made a compelling case for Grasshopper, who had a brutal trip and still won geared down.

Hard for me to fathom the woeful Brice Blanc gets two absolutely perfect trips and beats us in a picture, not once, but TWICE!!!! Play again today. Good cappin. BBB