PDA

View Full Version : Selection services

Left Bank
11-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I have to rewrite this so here goes.Every time around Big race days,I get pummeled with offers from John Piesen,Nick Borg,and countless other services offering their selections for me.Have any of you used any of these services before and what did it cost you?And,were the selections they gave you winners or just all favorites?Would you use these again?I am not soliciting anything,just curious as to how good any of these guys or services are.I personally use my own judgment for my horse plays.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-07-2006, 12:32 PM
the people on this board as a whole will get you what you seek..and no i dont use anyones services...the guy that ownes this site is the best .and its free..

intense
11-07-2006, 02:44 PM
I have to rewrite this so here goes.Every time around Big race days,I get pummeled with offers from John Piesen,Nick Borg,and countless other services offering their selections for me.Have any of you used any of these services before and what did it cost you?And,were the selections they gave you winners or just all favorites?Would you use these again?I am not soliciting anything,just curious as to how good any of these guys or services are.I personally use my own judgment for my horse plays.

Ive always thought anyone who has to sell their picks for $ isn't making $ themseleves.

wac
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
ive done it 2x with jim mauzer on BC day 2 yrs ago he was horrible and wih jim piesen on preakness day lst year and they were both terrible they pick 4 horses in each race one of them the fav and there like ok go for it putting those 4 in every bet??? piesen didnt even have "alex" in his top 4 on preakness day that year. I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN as i gained absolutly nothing from the selectins they offer.

Left Bank
11-07-2006, 07:28 PM
I kinda figured they were horrible.I think they must get customers though,because I imagine they are putting out some cash to make all those mailings.Postage isn't that cheap nowadays.

tanner12oz
11-07-2006, 10:22 PM
ive never used a selcection service for tbreds. i have used other peoples opinions in making my final selections however i dont take others words as gospel and only use what they have to say compared with what ive concluded on my own. i have used a selection service for harness though.....yeah i know harness stinks blah blah blah but there are occasionally times that a local track will have 10k+ carryover super pools that are very hittable. in thoise instances ill usually check out chatsworth consortium's picks. in the handful of time ived used them they have been very profitable and it wasnt always odds on.

Cannon Shell
11-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Between Kasept on horses and Dixie Porter on football you will have all the winners! The key is to bet ON Byks picks and AGAINST Dixies.

timmgirvan
11-08-2006, 03:11 AM
I've used the Wizard from Brisnet once and did well,but Kasept and the crew here are the BEST by far. More info,more 'feel' for what's going on,and this site would be a bargain even with a fee! SWEET