PDA

View Full Version : Best Ride Of The Day

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
To me is was Dettori on Ouija Board. Simply beautiful. Had the horse covered up and she loves to be covered up. Had the ground saving trip on the rail. Swung a little wide at the top of the stretch where the turf course was the best and headed for home. I love wathcing this race and his ride. A ride or absolute perfection.

blackthroatedwind
11-04-2006, 11:19 PM
I would have to say Calvin Borel's ride on Street Sense was pretty terrific...as was Prado's on Round Pond.

As for Ouiji Board....I think she deserves all the credit for her terrific self.

randallscott35
11-04-2006, 11:20 PM
I'll take Jara's ride. I can't believe this is the same guy who a few years ago I was cursing for some of his rides at Belmont. Very cool customer.

ninetoone
11-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I'll switch it up a bit and say Nakatani on Thor's Echo....never lost a bit of momentum & rode it perfect IMO...

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:23 PM
I would have to say Calvin Borel's ride on Street Sense was pretty terrific...as was Prado's on Round Pond.

As for Ouiji Board....I think she deserves all the credit for her terrific self.Borels ride was good. But all he did was ride the rail the entire time. Round Pound was good but remember that the 2 favs didnt finish the race. But go look at FD---sometimes a rider can screw up a good horse. He did everything perfectly.

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
I'll take Jara's ride. I can't believe this is the same guy who a few years ago I was cursing for some of his rides at Belmont. Very cool customer.No kidding. He has really impressed me. He doesnt get enough credit.

randallscott35
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Borels ride was good. But all he did was ride the rail the entire time. Round Pound was good but remember that the 2 favs didnt finish the race. But go look at FD---sometimes a rider can screw up a good horse. He did everything perfectly.

It was a good ride, but when you are on the best horse your ride will always look better.

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:25 PM
It was a good ride, but when you are on the best horse your ride will always look better.I know--but the way he rode--covered up, rail all the way around and then swung wide....impressive if you ask me.

blackthroatedwind
11-04-2006, 11:27 PM
He's a very good rider on an VERY good horse. Not screwing things up is his job.

To be honest, I give all the credit to the horses....especially today.

I'll tell you one horse that ran shockingly well, expecially when you consider his pps and the dynamics of his race....Rush Bay. On the other hand, I think it also exposed just how weak that field was. probably easily the worst group ever for the BC Turf.

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
He's a very good rider on an VERY good horse. Not screwing things up is his job.

To be honest, I give all the credit to the horses....especially today.

I'll tell you one horse that ran shockingly well, expecially when you consider his pps and the dynamics of his race....Rush Bay. On the other hand, I think it also exposed just how weak that field was. probably easily the worst group ever for the BC Turf.I 2nd that 100%. What about Badge Of Silver today. I thought for sure he would fall back but he hung on to be 3rd. But the Turf was just a bad bad bad field.

blackthroatedwind
11-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I 2nd that 100%. What about Badge Of Silver today. I thought for sure he would fall back but he hung on to be 3rd. But the Turf was just a bad bad bad field.

Badge of Silver was also terrific today. Didn't even get the lead, chased a fast pace, off 10 months, and was still third ( and barely beaten for second ).

Hate to say it but that was hardly one of the better Mile fields we have ever seen. Some nice horses but nothing exceptional. Still, you have to tip your hat to Miesque's Approval, who ran for a tag 366 days ago, and Marty Wolfson.

SniperSB23
11-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Jose Santos deserves some props for recognizing something was wrong with Fleet Indian and getting her pulled up and out of the way as quick a s he did.

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Badge of Silver was also terrific today. Didn't even get the lead, chased a fast pace, off 10 months, and was still third ( and barely beaten for second ).

Hate to say it but that was hardly one of the better Mile fields we have ever seen. Some nice horses but nothing exceptional. Still, you have to tip your hat to Miesque's Approval, who ran for a tag 366 days ago, and Marty Wolfson.The turf races were pretty weak IMO. The F&M turf was the best of the three. But MA did it when it counted. I wonder if we will see BOS again.

blackthroatedwind
11-04-2006, 11:39 PM
The turf races were pretty weak IMO. The F&M turf was the best of the three. But MA did it when it counted. I wonder if we will see BOS again.

Another 10 months?

Frankly, I thought his performance was extra special considering he was scratched.:D

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Another 10 months?

Frankly, I thought his performance was extra special considering he was scratched.:DThat was pretty funny. Who was it that said he was going to be scratched?

SCUDSBROTHER
11-04-2006, 11:42 PM
I think the ride on R ROCKS was the best.Dettori said he knew they were coming back to him(they couldn't keep up that pace.) He also moved at a time that kept him from getting caught by BETTER TALK.I don't try to beat this guy anymore.Both the rides he gave on his winners today were really nice.

blackthroatedwind
11-04-2006, 11:43 PM
That was pretty funny. Who was it that said he was going to be scratched?

Dixie...but he knows I'm just teasing him.

I think Frankel probably wishes he scratched EVERY horse he ran at Churchill this week. Talk about underperforming your odds.

eurobounce
11-04-2006, 11:45 PM
I think the ride on R ROCKS was the best.Dettori said he knew they were coming back to him(they couldn't keep up that pace.) He also moved at a time that kept him from getting caught by BETTER TALK.I don't try to beat this guy anymore.Both the rides he gave on his winners today were really nice.Very good point. I just watched the replay of this race and it was a darn good ride. He is in a different class when he is riding against US jocks on turf.

Danzig
11-04-2006, 11:48 PM
jara on invasor.
hell, i coulda ridden ouija to victory.

jpops757
11-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Some very nice rides but Calvins was as good as it gets. Not many woulda squeezed through ton the rail like he did. Look at the replay and he was 1/2 a jump from being squeezed back. Most all Jocks can take up and swing around but timing and finding a hole is alot more artful. It wasnt like the hole was left there for Borel. It was fast closing on him by slower horses. He actuall got bumpted getting through. Calvins was the best by far.

The Bid
11-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Anything Frankie sat on.

Five Star Derek
11-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Castro did a great job getting Miesques Approval clear outside down the stretch in the Mile. I thought his ride was one of the better one's even though he gambled a little going wide.

blackthroatedwind
11-05-2006, 09:53 AM
I guess you think that was pretty funny, and as usual your "cheap shots" are off base and lame.

Your mouth wasn't so big when the Midas Eyes, on 10 days rest, won big at Stga.

BOS could have won the Cigar and gone out a winner (I had it on the table 24 hrs to post). I do not know anything about stud value but I guess yesterday's race was as a good as a win in the Cigar (personally, I don't give a damn). I got plenty of money and I'd rather win a race than finish a GOOD third in the BC.

First of all, I was obviously teasing you, and said so in a later post. But, to be perfectly honest, how could you not expect at LEAST some ribbing after starting a thread claiming he was scratching a few days ago?

What does Midas Eyes winning the Forego, as a very logical horse, have to do with this. Any sane person knew he was at least a strong contendor that day.

Yesterday's effort did little to nothing for his stud value, which apparently aint much considering he keeps being unretired because they can't get a deal, and if you think he was beating Discreet Cat in the Cigar you apparently are watching two very different horses than the ones that have been competing on racetracks. Badge of Silver is a nice horse that has never lived up to his ridiculous early hype, probably more than partly due to injuries, and he ran pretty well yesterday IN THE CONTEXT OF THE RACE....but sorry if I am unimpressed with the overall quality of that field.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
11-05-2006, 10:31 PM
hands down frankie is the best jockey in the world right now, whether its turf or dirt the guys just flat out sick

Crown@club
11-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Borel's ride was excellent gutsy move to stay on the rail to take the lead when it didn't look like he had it.

Fidel was awesome bringing MA home.

NoCarolinaTony
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I'd say Detorri is by far one of the Best Jockey's in the world. He is used to pressure races, as all he ever does is race in world class stakes events around the world. He doesn't choke. He used to mutiple variables, and clearly knows how to rate a horse, get clearance and make a move at the most appropriate time. if the horse doesn't win, it's rarely because he moved to soon, or didn't get room.

I hope he gets more recognition in the US. Would be nice to see him race one meet in the US.

NC Tony