PDA

View Full Version : Best Best - Sun CD

Bogey
11-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Churchill Downs - Race 10 - G3 Cardinal Handicap

#11 Slica's Sister (GB) - Godolphin runner was a Group 1 winner at 2 and was respectable in her last two versus Group 1 company while facing full fields of 15 and 13. Adds the Lasix and sheds 12 lbs off. Albarado takes the mount as Godolphin tries to win this event in back to back years (Sundrop). ML 10-1 is very enticing. I'm taking a plunge, the water is warm.

Good Racing Luck

bellsbendboy
11-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Tough read for me if she stays the trip as the pedigree is speed orientated. On the positive side, one of two Grade I winners, and NO ONE has EVER run the Beyer par for the race. Going to include her in my pick 4. BBB

PSH
11-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Also had her to win and place. thought she came on to get it at the end.
Thought her lines in Europe and company would make it the type of race that she could compete in. Nice call tough beat.

PSH

DerbyCat
11-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Bogey -
Thanks! I bet her across the board and made a nice little chunk of change - excellent call. I appreciate you posting that one here.

Bogey
11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks everybody, she was very game to fight back at the rail. I'm glad some of you were able to end up on the positive side. Definitely a tough beat.

I had someone place the wager for me because I was at the Bears vs. Dolphins game yesterday. I just saw the race replay.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-06-2006, 02:33 PM
good call bogey can never toss out chuck simon///

Bogey
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
good call bogey can never toss out chuck simon///

Hooves, yep, Sabellina ran a big one for him the 1st time he sent her out.

Downthestretch55
11-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Churchill Downs - Race 10 - G3 Cardinal Handicap

#11 Slica's Sister (GB) - Godolphin runner was a Group 1 winner at 2 and was respectable in her last two versus Group 1 company while facing full fields of 15 and 13. Adds the Lasix and sheds 12 lbs off. Albarado takes the mount as Godolphin tries to win this event in back to back years (Sundrop). ML 10-1 is very enticing. I'm taking a plunge, the water is warm.

Good Racing Luck
Bogey,
I didn't bet this one. Just curious..what was this horse's sire?
I'm hoping for a good come back.
Thanks.
DTS

bellsbendboy
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Silca's Sister is by Inchinoor*GB an ill-fated son of Ahonoora*GB that in his abbreviated stud career specialized in sprinters. The filly was extremely game in an unlucky defeat, but you have to give credit to bin Suroor. He took a flat sprinter and almost got the candy at nine panels. Her action was quarterhorse short and comically choppy, and she appeared toast at the pole, in her two turn debut.

No doubt Godolphin was hoping the rail would be out and most years it would have been, and if so she would have aired. I would expect her two turn career is over but it was a solid attempt to steal a Graded stake from the brilliant Suroor, and Lasix moved this 3yo filly way up. BBB

Bogey
11-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Bogey,
I didn't bet this one. Just curious..what was this horse's sire?
I'm hoping for a good come back.
Thanks.
DTS

DTS, The Sire is Inchinor (GB). Is this a trick question?

Bogey
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Silca's Sister is by Inchinoor*GB an ill-fated son of Ahonoora*GB that in his abbreviated stud career specialized in sprinters. The filly was extremely game in an unlucky defeat, but you have to give credit to bin Suroor. He took a flat sprinter and almost got the candy at nine panels. Her action was quarterhorse short and comically choppy, and she appeared toast at the pole, in her two turn debut.

No doubt Godolphin was hoping the rail would be out and most years it would have been, and if so she would have aired. I would expect her two turn career is over but it was a solid attempt to steal a Graded stake from the brilliant Suroor, and Lasix moved this 3yo filly way up. BBB

BBB, Thanks for the more in-depth answer.