PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Foster is This Saturday

Rupert Pupkin
06-11-2006, 07:58 PM
The $750,000 Grade I Stephen Foster is this Saturday at Churchill. Here is how the field is shaping up. It looks like it's going to be an 8 or 9 horse field:
1. Buzzard's Bay
2. Brass Hat
3. Perfect Drift
4. Master Command
5. Wanderin Boy
6. Love of Money
7. Wild Desert
8. Wiggins

randallscott35
06-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Let me guess. Perfect Drift 3rd.

skippy3481
06-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Don't be so hasty randall, no world beaters in this race. he may hang and get 2nd;)

flowing tail
06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Brass Hat to win it for the local boys. PD to round out the exacta for sentimal overkill.

Also I thought Buzzy was not likely to go in? When is the decision made?

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Brass Hat in a walk over!

If they dope him up again he'll be double tough. Plus even if they get caught again I will still get paid, LMAO!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Suffolk Shippers
06-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Too bad Funny Cide isnt running. We could pick 3rd for Perfect Drift and 2nd for Funny Cide, and then wheel the rest :cool:

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Too bad Funny Cide isnt running. We could pick 3rd for Perfect Drift and 2nd for Funny Cide, and then wheel the rest :cool:

THAT FUNNY! IF WE ADD WILKO IT WOULD BE A LOCK!!!!:D :D

miraja2
06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Wiggins! Ha! I didn't know that they were running the Stephen Foster at Hawthorne this year!

I'll stick with my theory on show bets for this one, which is as follows:

"Never bet to show unless the horse you are betting on is named Perfect Drift."

Rupert Pupkin
06-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Brass Hat to win it for the local boys. PD to round out the exacta for sentimal overkill.

BB is definitely running. They were going to run in the Californian but they changed their minds. He's leaving for Kentucky on the red-eye tonight.

1st_Saturday_in_May
06-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Buzzards Bay will roll

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Buzzards Bay will roll

INTO 2nd BEHIND BRASS HAT W/ PERFECT DRIFT 3rd:D :D

my miss storm cat
06-12-2006, 12:17 AM
I wish Funny Cide were entered!

Kasept
06-12-2006, 03:58 AM
If that comes off as anticipated, it'll be a very nice race..

Personally, I'm pulling for Buff Bradley, Martinez and 'Brass' after the screwing they took from Dubai.

Wild Desert is coming off a nice performance too, is he not?? And usually a great undercard on this day as well..

Secretariat
06-12-2006, 08:24 AM
ya taking his money back was not good, and it should hurt in the future getting people to gp there, i would suspect.

eurobounce
06-12-2006, 08:33 AM
I think Churchill should really think about moving the Stephen Foster to a later date in the year. They could really get the top older horses on the east coast if they moved this race to the last weekend of the meet.

Suffolk Shippers
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
I wish Funny Cide were entered!

Me too, he is one of my favorite horses. My first winning Derby bet as well!

Buffymommy
06-12-2006, 09:49 AM
OH yee of little faith! Ya'll kept saying my girl was going to lose this weekend. Don't doubt my boy now will ya!

Cajungator26
06-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Perfect Drift wins this one... :D

Buffymommy
06-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Perfect Drift wins this one... :D

By a neck...

Just my prediction...

Cajungator26
06-12-2006, 09:56 AM
By a neck...

Just my prediction...

Agreed. It won't be by much, but he'll get it done.

oracle80
06-12-2006, 10:01 AM
The $750,000 Grade I Stephen Foster is this Saturday at Churchill. Here is how the field is shaping up. It looks like it's going to be an 8 or 9 horse field:
1. Buzzard's Bay
2. Brass Hat
3. Perfect Drift
4. Master Command
5. Wanderin Boy
6. Love of Money
7. Wild Desert
8. Wiggins

Rupert I think you've " got em in the crosshairs"!! I wil be screaming for you!!

Pointg5
06-12-2006, 10:36 AM
I believe Buzzards Bay wins this, I can't decide if I am going to go, been every year since Victory Gallup broke the track record that day, had to see my favorite Silver Charm run one last time....

irishtrekker
06-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I have to go with Buzzard's Bay, although I'll admit it's nothing more than a gut feeling (and probably a bad gut at that). Brass Hat and PD in a close finish for second, but PD will get third again. (Sorry, girls!)

Kasept
06-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Mike brings up a great point.. Rupert Pupkin has a rather close tie to Buzzard's Bay, and Derby Trailers should throw their support his way for the Foster!!

Also get the feeling that there's some real anticipation for this card from the masses! And that's terrific..

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-12-2006, 11:12 AM
buzzards is a nice one,,ill back wild desert that day..:cool:

alysheba4
06-12-2006, 11:13 AM
the buzzard runs those off there feet....... remember the hat is comming off a tough dubai race. total throw out.

sumitas
06-12-2006, 02:49 PM
dubai is very tough to shake off. so i'd toss the Hat this time.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
lol randy your still salty about when my boy PD had mineshaft measured in this race arent ya? well if perfect drift dont win it i guess i wouldnt mind seeing BB since he cashed a huge ticket for me as a 3yo with the guid aboard@anita=)

Suffolk Shippers
06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Mike brings up a great point.. Rupert Pupkin has a rather close tie to Buzzard's Bay, and Derby Trailers should throw their support his way for the Foster!!

Also get the feeling that there's some real anticipation for this card from the masses! And that's terrific..

If thats the case, RUPERT, I put $150 down to win on Buzzards that day last year in the SA Derby. Big pay day there, so thanks :cool:

randallscott35
06-12-2006, 04:00 PM
lol randy your still salty about when my boy PD had mineshaft measured in this race arent ya? well if perfect drift dont win it i guess i wouldnt mind seeing BB since he cashed a huge ticket for me as a 3yo with the guid aboard@anita=)

One of a handful of the fastest thoro numbers ever given was to Mineshaft for his loss in that race. Robbie 8 wide Albarado. The only horse as fast as Mineshaft was Ghostzapper....Perfect Drift has never run a race as fast as that again, by the way. Knocked him out for a career.

Rupert Pupkin
06-12-2006, 05:03 PM
If thats the case, RUPERT, I put $150 down to win on Buzzards that day last year in the SA Derby. Big pay day there, so thanks :cool:
I had no connection to BB at all at that time. He had a different owner and trainer back then.

whorstman
06-12-2006, 05:13 PM

Looks like they made it today. Must not going to be too humid this weekend. They were worried about the louisville summer heat, I guess?

oracle80
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Rupert is smarter than I am. I thought at the time he was purchased that takingone off Mullins would not work out, especially at that price. Obviously Rupert is quite a sharp guy.

Rupert Pupkin
06-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Rupert is smarter than I am. I thought at the time he was purchased that takingone off Mullins would not work out, especially at that price. Obviously Rupert is quite a sharp guy.
I like to remain anonymous, so I will not confirm or deny a connection to the horse. I will say that it was not my idea to buy the horse. It looks like it was a great buy, but I cannot take credit for it. I like getting credit if I deserve it, but I do not deserve it for BB.

packerbacker7964
06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I'll take Brass Hat in this one. BB was lucky in the Oaklawn Handicap with the winner trapped down on the inside behind horse's that day. We'll see if Brassy can come back from the Desert and win unlike most others who go over and come back lame or out of gas.

2Hot4TV
06-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Buzzards Bay will roll
This horse has grow up and filled out nicely. I second that and can hear Valdivia saying "LET'S ROCK AND ROLL" big boy.

pdrift1
06-12-2006, 09:22 PM
hi everyone !!! new to the board and first post, but have followed quiet a few of you from the espn board tho i never posted anything. i see alot of you changed your nicks so will take some time to figure all you characters out again!!!!!!!! i'm expecting 2 wins this year from drifty at the least, being a little weaker division with liam gone. i think this one is a toss up, brass hat first back from dubai ? waderin boy wanderin if he is still at pimlico ?buzzards bay always getting better but still not a elite horse and can be beat ?and good ol drifty my FAV horse, first back on dirt for year and one year older ? but still knowing he can get the job done im hoping for a good year and hopefully we start it out right with a win in the foster!!!!!!!!! to all my fellow drift fans good luck this weekend and GO DRIFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rupert Pupkin
06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll take Brass Hat in this one. BB was lucky in the Oaklawn Handicap with the winner trapped down on the inside behind horse's that day. We'll see if Brassy can come back from the Desert and win unlike most others who go over and come back lame or out of gas.
I'm not sure BB got lucky in the Oaklawn Handicap. He set really fast fractions and won the race by 6 1/2 lengths. If that's your definition of luck, then I guess he was lucky. I think that BB was probably the best horse that day. He won by 6 1/2 lengths. I was not aware that any of the other horses had 6 1/2 lengths of trouble.

Pedigree Ann
06-12-2006, 09:55 PM
The Brassy boy is the class of this bunch. What more does he have to do to get some respect?

pdrift1
06-13-2006, 01:10 AM
winning the donn and 2nd in dubai does give him the class of the field but maybe not in the foster this weekend at least, how he comes out of dubai will be the determining factor? with that in mind i see bb and pd with the right amount of class to also take this race right away from him. i just think this race is wide open for all 3 horses to win

Secretariat
06-13-2006, 09:06 AM
well i hopr that everyone here that posted the PD will wins, bets that way, more for me to win.

PD will not win, he is past his prime by 2 years. his race with Mineshaft where he was given 8 pounds was his best effort, and he has not progressed since. he may hit the board, but a fourth is just as likely.

Cajungator26
06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
well i hopr that everyone here that posted the PD will wins, bets that way, more for me to win.

PD will not win, he is past his prime by 2 years. his race with Mineshaft where he was given 8 pounds was his best effort, and he has not progressed since. he may hit the board, but a fourth is just as likely.

I'll take my chances.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-13-2006, 03:01 PM

he also smashed congaree for fun@turfway later that year and had a good as chance as any of winning the BC classic that year had it not been for FC being erratic and wiping him out........a race mineshafts connections were scared to run in