$150,000.00; 3 Year Olds
1 1/16 Miles

KEENELAND
Giant's Causeway S.
$100,000.00; 3 Year Olds And Up
5 1/2 Furlongs(Turf)

JolyB
04-10-2018, 06:22 PM
First of all Ruff, congrats on a very strong performance last Saturday. You put up a very high score for a 9 race contest. No one gained any ground on you during the final 4 races. :tro::tro:

As long as you include both the Arkansas Derby and the Lexington on this Saturday's card, either choice you make will be a good one. In my opinion, the differences become only personal preferences, not good or poor choices.

To help you with your choice, I've copied some info from the respective tracks' websites on probable entrants for the major stakes races:

KEENELAND:
Here are the prospective fields for Keeneland’s April 14 stakes compiled by Keeneland Stakes Coordinator Tiffany Bourque. Entries for the races will be taken Wednesday.

$350,000 COOLMORE JENNY WILEY (G1) – Probable: Cambodia (Tom Proctor), Dona Bruja (ARG) (Ignacio Correas IV), Fourstar Crook (Chad Brown), La Coronel (Mark Casse), Lovely Bernadette (James DiVito), Off Limits (IRE) (Chad Brown), Sistercharlie (IRE) (Chad Brown), Ultra Brat (Graham Motion). Possible: Hawksmoor (IRE) (Arnaud Delacour), Kitten’s Roar (Mike Maker), Proctor’s Ledge (Brendan Walsh), Sully’s Dream (John Ortiz).

$200,000 BEN ALI (G3) – Probable: Aurora Way (Stuart Simon), Giuseppe the Great (Nick Zito), Rated R Superstar (Kenny McPeek), You’re to Blame (Todd Pletcher). Possible: Dan the Go to Man (John Ortiz), Goats Town (D. Wayne Lukas), Guest Suite (Neil Howard), Hollywood Handsome (Dallas Stewart), Melmich (Kevin Attard).

$200,000 STONESTREET LEXINGTON (G3) – Probable: Battle At Sea (Mike Maker), City Plan (Eoin Harty), Gracida (Doug O’Neill), Greyvitos (Adam Kitchingman), My Boy Jack (Keith Desormeaux), Pony Up (Todd Pletcher), Telekinesis (Mark Casse). Possible: Navy Armed Guard (Joan Scott).

$100,000 GIANT’S CAUSEWAY (L) – Probable: Brave Daisey (Tina Hurley), Contributing (Tom Proctor), Jennifer Lynnette (Mark Casse), Lady Aurelia (Wesley Ward), Morticia (Rusty Arnold), Sister Sophia (Jorge Abreu), Smiling Causeway (Arnaud Delacour), Triple Chelsea (Joe Sharp).

OAKLAWN:
Post positions for the Arkansas Derby and Oaklawn Handicap will be drawn Wednesday. Other Festival races include Saturday’s $400,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (G3) for older horses.

Early probables for each race, according to the Oaklawn racing department:

Count Fleet (City of Light, Edwards Going Left, Favorite Tale, Imma Bling, Ivan Fallunovalot, Smart Spree, Whitmore, Wings Locked Up and Wynn Time);
Oaklawn Handicap (Accelerate, Blueridge Traveler, Colonelsdarktemper, Fear the Cowboy, Hawaakom, Hedge Fund, Inside Straight, Lookin At Lee and Sonneteer);
Arkansas Derby (Beautiful Shot, Combatant, Dream Baby Dream, Magnum Moon, Quip, Solomini and Tenfold.

You did ask for preference, so I'll mention mine - I would slightly prefer Keeneland just because I really like to handicap, wager on and watch races from Keeneland a bit more than Oaklawn, and have always liked the Jenny Wiley. But, that's only my opinion - the choice should be yours.

Plenilune
04-11-2018, 05:33 PM
You did ask for preference, so I'll mention mine - I would slightly prefer Keeneland just because I really like to handicap, wager on and watch races from Keeneland a bit more than Oaklawn, and have always liked the Jenny Wiley. But, that's only my opinion - the choice should be yours.

Agreed, Kee with the Ark Derby.