PDA

View Full Version : Venue - Slim pickens for next Saturday . . . Oaklawn?

DonGuido
02-19-2018, 06:51 PM
No real deals for 3YOs to sink our teeth into and Gulfstream has 4 stakes but the stakes at Oaklawn have bigger prize money and there is one 3YO ungraded stakes race there.

I'm leaning away from Gulfstream since we play there so often and opting for Oaklawn. Any thoughts yah or nah?

RUFFIAN
02-19-2018, 07:17 PM
I'M SO "OVER" GULFSTREAM THAT OAKLAWN WOULD FEEL
ALMOST AS GOOD AS FRESH CATNIP! ;) :{>: :tro:

JolyB
02-19-2018, 07:59 PM
Just an observation - we'll very likely be playing Gulfstream the following Saturday, given the stakes rich Fountain of Youth card.

A variety from a steady diet of GP and SA would be welcome. The racing in Hot Springs is always high quality, or you could show your loyalty to Texas and take us to Houston.

Real Quiet
02-19-2018, 10:15 PM
Houston does look like it has a nice card and I'm sure we'll see Oaklawn in the future.

DonGuido
02-20-2018, 09:26 AM
I was contemplating Houston but not sure it gives us any punch. It would be different and a challenge since we rarely play there. Hmmmmmmm, decision to follow. :confused: :)

NJ Stinks
02-22-2018, 11:11 AM
SAM HOUSTON??? :eek:

OK. I like a change in scenery too! :)

DonGuido
02-22-2018, 11:29 AM
SAM HOUSTON??? :eek:

OK. I like a change in scenery too! :) Heee Haaaaw, get your 6 shooter out and win a prize. :D:$: I woulda picked Lone Star Park but they're not running there yet