PDA

View Full Version : The Pie . . .

DonGuido
02-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Watching "National Velvet" for the umpteenth time and it never gets old . . . thank you Ted Turner. One of Patty's dreams was to be Elizabeth Taylor in this movie. Patty saw it first when she was 10, awhile ago for sure and her love for horses is possibly equaled by Velvet. Nothing more to say but enjoy!!!

Plenilune
02-11-2018, 07:10 PM
I love that movie. I, too, wished I could have been Velvet when I was young. Rode my bike around the neighborhood pretending it was a horse named Pie. :)

When I got my own horse I would build "jumps" in the vacant lot next door and try to get my horse to jump. Pretty funny stuff. But as a young kid, my heart was in the right place, lol!

DonGuido
02-11-2018, 08:14 PM
I love that movie. I, too, wished I could have been Velvet when I was young. Rode my bike around the neighborhood pretending it was a horse named Pie. :)

When I got my own horse I would build "jumps" in the vacant lot next door and try to get my horse to jump. Pretty funny stuff. But as a young kid, my heart was in the right place, lol!Yes, watching Liz pretending she was on the make believe horse going down the dirt road from school galloping along was just like what Patty used to do.

You and Patty are both very lucky to be so much in love with horses and the sport in general. She is my equine mentor since I only "kinda" got into it after we got married . . . it rubbed off but I never really got the full force bug until I joined the Vinery Forum back in the late 90's. Why I did that is a whole other story, funny as HEL___ as well, that Patty and I will share with you some day soon if you don't know the story. TOGETHER (hint) we have been able to experience some amazing up lose and personal moments with the horses, care takers and trainers as well.

We are all so lucky!!!!!!!!

RUFFIAN
02-12-2018, 11:37 AM
On A Different Note: HORSE ADDICTION

It wasn't National Velvet that got me 'Hooked' ~
Was something even more 'Bizarre'

As a youngster, for some Odd, Strange, Illogical reason ~
When other kids were out riding bikes or skating ~
I was looking at the Sports page of the Newspaper Horse Racing Section :zz:

I kept a Journal writing down the NAMES of What Horses 'Called To Me'
The next day I would check RESULTS and enter that in my journal!

So then, as it remains even now ~ NAMES Are What Decides My Fate! :tro:

Later on as I became more 'Knowledgeable' ~
The Grays became an Obsession ~ And The Z-Names ~ And Sires :{>:

I may be one of those 'Rare' Race Fans Who Never Checks STATS
Don't Really Care About Trainer, Jockey, Turf Or Dirt, Beyer ~ et al

Somehow thru the years, I've been 'Lucky' enough to prove that
LUCK CAN RULE OVER STATISTICS

My Best 'LUCKY' Days
Sarava @ 70-1 Belmont :$:
Giacomo @ 50-1 Derby (*Gray Son of Fave Sire: Holy Bull)
One Dreamer @ 47-1 Distaff (Gray)
Charismatic @ 17-1
Thunder Gulch @ 26-1 Derby
Victory Gallop: Belmont