PDA

View Full Version : ROI Results 1/27 @ Gulfstream

Real Quiet
01-29-2018, 11:05 AM
The Pegasus Day card at Gulfstream gave up three winning wagers and two winning players.
Gun Runner proved to be the best and it's sad to see him hit the breeding shed when he's at top notch
form. Unfortunately it is the way of horse racing. For my own selfish reasons I'm sorry to see
Rainbow Heir retire but at least he went out a winner at 8 years old and still sound. Banter
entered our fray with a winner in race 5 but couldn't hit the magic $100 mark so no points were
gathered this week. Plenilune finished in second to go along with her strong points win. Plen
played Tommy Macho to win and collected $155 for her efforts. The win goes to Real Quiet who
also fancied Tommy Macho in a $7 exacta and when Conquest Big E took second it was good
for a $84 exacta per deuce. I in no way shape or form would have picked the $100+ winner
Jordan's Henry in race 9. Not even underneath in an exacta but at second glance 50-1 might
be a little too high. She did hit the board in 3 graded races. And Ruff. She was 50-1 and grey.
Luckily it was a sire that wasn't on your go to list or we all would be watching you in the rear
view mirror. Those monster payouts are always out there to be found but sometimes you have
to dig deeper. Following are the unofficial results pending a video tape replay by the offsite
officials as to whether Real Quiet had possession of the ball when he crossed the goal line. As
in regular football this call might take forever. See you all next week wherever Plenilune ships
us.

WIN... Real Quiet... +$194.70... R 7 $7 ex key 8 w 1-3-6 $84.20 X 3.5... $294.70

PLACE... Plenilune... +$55.00... r7 $50 W #8 $6.20 X 25... $155.00

Banter -$66.00 r5: #6 $10 win $6.80 X 5... $34.00
Joly B -$96.00
Don Guido -$100.00
Ruffian -$100.00
Indian Hemp -$100.00
Cruzan -$100.00
NJ Stinks -$100.00

JolyB
01-29-2018, 12:26 PM
Well done on you ROI win, RQ.

I was amazed at the number of players at publichandicapper.com who included Jordan's Henry in their selections, although they may have just been stabbing for a price at the end of the current contest. She did upset my efforts at a late pick 4; would have had to go much deeper in that race to have included her.

That's been happening a lot lately; saw a Rainbow Pick 6 effort go up in flames yesterday when a very difficult to include 35-1 shot won the last leg on an uncontested lead after the jockey of a marginal contender fell off coming out of the gate and arguably the best horse in the race reared up in the gate, lost a number of lengths and was only a fast closing second. I think that most of the Rainbow 6 players who cashed used the ALL button on the final leg, which in hindsight would have been a very astute move.

Clearly those huge price plays are out there to be had, but it takes either a large bankroll or a lot of faith to play them. They can involve long intervals between your trips to the cashier's window.