PDA

View Full Version : Venue for Jan 13 - Thoughts?

JolyB
01-10-2018, 07:09 AM
I'm leaning vey heavily toward selecting the Fair Grounds as our venue for this Saturday's contest. Many of us pay close attention to the Derby preps, and Saturday's feature of the LeComte has proven to be an important stepping stone on that path. The rest of the card also includes a number of interesting stakes races, including the Silverbulletday for those who track Ky Oaks qualifiers.

The only problem is one of quantity. The Fair Grounds, like a number of other tracks, likes to load up its major race cards with what strikes me as an overwhelming number of other races, in this case 13. That's just cruel and unusual punishment for our scorers and players.

My plan is to select the Fair Grounds, but to reduce the number of contest races to something like 10. An alternative might be to use Gulfstream Park, which features three nice stakes races, but that card won't be drawn until later today. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have on which way you prefer to play.

Real Quiet
01-10-2018, 10:52 AM
I like the Fair Grounds and the stake races there. To make it easier to track we could eliminate races 1 and 13. Personally I would take out 3 and 4 also but that might complicate things too much.

RUFFIAN
01-10-2018, 11:56 AM
For some odd reason the FAIR GROUNDS is my favorite track ~:tro:

No logical reason for that that I have been able to come up with:confused:

So of course....

MEW MEW MEW
THIS CAT AGREES WITH YOU

Of course I would vote to play the entire card
But I understand the empathy for the scorekeepers :{>:

Plenilune
01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Fair Grounds is fine. Why don't we just play 1-10?

Interesting that Wonder Gadot is listed in the Silverbulletday AND the Le Comte. But I can't see her up against Principe Guilherme or Kowboy Karma.

DonGuido
01-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Fairgrounds what ever races you agree on!!! I'm in it to win it!!!:$::tro::D I'm tired of messing around and now college football distractions for another 8 or 9 months.

JolyB
01-10-2018, 08:21 PM
My friends, thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. The Fair Grounds it will be.

Simple is often better, as Plen's recommendation reflects. We will only do races 1-10. That lets us cover all of the stakes races and maintains the race sequence. It also keeps the number of races to handicap and/or score from getting out of hand.

As they like to say in the French Quarter, "Laissez les bon temps rouler."