PDA

View Full Version : Who I like, don't like and where there is value

Hickory Hill Hoff
11-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Now that the fields have been drawn; I'll list who my top pick will be, who I'll bet against and what horse who will be a "value" play. First horse listed; the play, 2nd the bet against and 3rd the "value".

Juvenile Fillies - OCTAVE / CASH INCLUDED / ADHRHYTHM
Juvenile Colts - CIRCULAR QUAY / PRINICPLE SECRET / STREET SENSE
Filly & Mare Turf - WAIT A WHILE / OUIJA BOARD / MAURALAKANA
Sprint - POMEROY / HENNY HUGHES / KELLY'S LANDING
Mile - ARAAFA / ARAGON / ECHO OF LIGHT
Distaff - PINE ISLAND / FLEET INDIAN / BALLETTO
Turf - SCORPION / HURRICANE RUN / RUSH BAY
Classic - BERNARDINI / SUN KING / LAWYER RON

Both Juvenile races are wide open and I wouldn't take less than 4-1 on the favorite in each race.
The Turf races are the best betting events, really think SCORPION is the real goods.
The Sprint will have the biggest payouts of the day, can see both favorites out of the money.
Distaff is loaded top to bottom, FLEET INDIAN is my biggest "bet-against" of the day!
The Classic; one word BERNARDINI, everyone else is running for second money. The only three year old here that Bernie hasn't beat is LAWYER RON,
he'll be my second choice underneath him.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! :)

tycharles01
11-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Fleet Indian is def play against, just do not leave her out of Tri or Super.
She will hit the board but just too much speed at the end of the race.

Sprint- BOMB CITY, just gonna be hard to find the bombs. I would give HH the nod if had a nice draw but #4 is not good. Great draw for Pomeroy,TMB, and even War Front

jpops757
11-03-2006, 10:19 AM
I will use several in the sprint in a pk3 but HH will be one of them.

liamc7
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Dont over look George Washington,last time out beat the best older Euro milers with ease,O'Brien quote "best horse he has ever trained".Remember Giants Causeway.

Revolution
11-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Bet against Ouija Board and Hurricane Run?

Wow. If they run 80% of their race they both win easily. With the cool weather and the turf the way it is, I don't see either one having any problem winning easily.

kenny p
11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
I agrree with Hickory I like Scorpion. Also Oija Board and in the juveniles Pegasus Wind.

kgar311
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I love pegasus wind!

ARyan
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Bet against Ouija Board and Hurricane Run?

Wow. If they run 80% of their race they both win easily. With the cool weather and the turf the way it is, I don't see either one having any problem winning easily.

I agree with you 100%.

Thunder Gulch
11-03-2006, 08:59 PM
No argument here. Ouija Board is a single, even with the talented WAW, and Hurricane Run may be the only horse on the card that can win when not at his best. I don't like the way his form has tailed off and don't like his price, but I do think he is the one to beat.

PSH
11-03-2006, 09:15 PM
BC Juvenile Fillies - Play against Cash Included. Expect bounce of last race. Like Cotton Blossom and Appealing Zophie at odds and include Dreaming of Anna with rail post position.

BC Juvenile - Like Circular Quay. Agree Street Sense is the value. Expect bounce from Scat Daddy of last race.

BC F&M Turf - Agree with most everyone on two faves here.

BC Sprint - Henny Hughes and Too Much Bling. War Front always picks up a piece.

BC Turf - Araafa on Top with Badge of Silve r and Miesque Approval long shot inclusions

BC Distaff - Fleet Indian a play against. Pine Island and Spun Sugar.

BC Turf - 2 rivals Cacique and English Channel

BC Classis - what can i say... Bernardini

2 Dollar Bill
11-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Call me crazy....
but I have Two Words....Lawyer Ron...........

Hickory Hill Hoff
11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Call me crazy....

I think he's gonna run a BIG race - first time Pletcher!;)

Cajungator26
11-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Call me crazy....

You're not crazy at all... he's been training awesome. The draw reins are really working for him...

sumitas
11-04-2006, 02:10 AM
i will play some computer generated random numbers in each race :D

jpops757
11-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Start your day off nicely take the Euro in the juvi fillie race.