PDA

View Full Version : Early and rolling thoughts on today's card

DonGuido
11-04-2017, 04:21 PM
One interesting note, with the first 4 races yesterday and first 4 today, we've only 7 players pick a winner so far and no one has done it twice yet. And that's with 5 winners picked in the first BC race yesterday.

AMAZING results . . . not really.

DonGuido
11-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Good job RQ in the 8th . . . one more winner and even an ACX. :)

Plenilune
11-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Long shot bombs, ouch!

DonGuido
11-04-2017, 08:00 PM
So in the Classic, we finally have some form and a legitimate race, but a "legitimate race" in thoroughbred horse racing is kind of an oxymoron, right? Very uneasy two days, very disappointed in a lot of the results but again that's the sport of many and the thrill for others.

Delmar looked beautiful and all and all it was a great production. Just way too many races against form . . . hello Guido its the way it is for the BC days.

RUFFIAN
11-05-2017, 12:29 AM
SO MANY LONSHOTS DID WE SEE
BUT, SADLY NONE WERE MINE
NOT ENUFF CATNIP IN THE LAIR
TO STOP THIS FELINE WHINE! :(

LATER ARROGATE BROKE MY HEART
BUT THEN, I THOUGHT HE MIGHT
HE SHOULD HAVE MADE HIS PEGASUS WIN
END HIS CAREER THAT NIGHT

YESTERDAY ~ MY 'STELLAR WIND'
WAS REDUCED TO JUST A SIGH
TO BID FAREWELL IN SUCH A WAY
IT EVEN MADE ME CRY

MY 'KITTENS ROAR' AT LEAST DID WIN
AND MADE ME PURRR WHOO HOOO
UNFORTUNATELY THAT WAS A RACE
OUR CONTEST DIDNT DO :(

GOOD MAGIC MADE ME HAPPY :tro:
MY SECOND HORSE WHO WON
BUT SO MANY DISAPPOINTMENTS
ON A DAY THAT SHOULD BE FUN

HINDSIGHT IS 20/20
TODAY THAT PROVED SO TRUE
WHEN REMEMBERING DECISIONS
AND THE WRONG ONES I DID DO

FREAKY FINISH FIASCOS
CHAMPIONS RUNNING BAD
A DAY THAT SHOULD BE HAPPY
INSTEAD, JUST LEFT ME SAD

SO TOMORROW WHEN I WAKEN
AND DECIDE UPON MY COURSE
THE OBVIOUS CHOICE TO DO
IS GO OUT AND HUG MY HORSE! :{>:

cruzan200246
11-05-2017, 09:54 AM
breeders cup killed me dead. Good thing I elected to stay home and not gamble at race track

JolyB
11-05-2017, 10:15 AM
My handicapping and what actually happened on track were pretty much out of synch all day. I had keyed Bolt d'Oro in the top two slots in a trifecta and made him a single in a pick 3, only to have him run a lackluster third while very wide throughout. Overlooked several other winners completely. Not a good day at the "windows".

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the series of BC races very much. The TV coverage of a beautiful track was very good, I didn't see any on track breakdowns or injuries, I don't remember any inquiries or objections, and the actual winners represented a few folks who had not had the spotlight in the past. And the Classic, despite the disappointing performance of Arrogate, was still a great race to watch and had a wonderful performance by Gun Runner. All in all, that made for a pretty good day of racing.