PDA

View Full Version : Venue Next . . . Sep 23 pretty much has to be

DonGuido
09-19-2017, 09:29 PM
PARX with the million dollar cotillion and the million dollar Penn Derby with 3 other nice stakes scattered here and there for the fun of it. After this it's basically Belmont, Santa Anita and Keeneland with the most win and your in races leading to the Breeders Cup. And Nov 4 at Del Mar is only about 6-7 weeks away!!!

Input if any please. Thanks for hanging with the smaller and smaller family of us. Poor English I know. I luv you guys and you know who you are . . . all'yas!!!

RUFFIAN
09-19-2017, 11:50 PM
DEFINITELY THE PLACE TO BE
JUST A WALK IN THE PARKZ ;)

CAN ABEL LOSE? :zz:

IRISH WAR CRY...IRAP...WEST COAST... :confused:
OR SOME FREAKY LONGSHOT STEALS IT ALL :tro:

JolyB
09-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Don, I think that you are spot on both with respect to Parx for this Saturday and future venues of SA, BEL and KEE, at least as long as horses are still running preps for the BC. Kamloops and its ilk will just have to wait.

Ms. Ruffian, I'm sure that your "walk in the Parkx" pun was really a sly way of referring to the typical fractional times you might see on a Monday afternoon at Parx in two turn dirt races from low level claimers (i.e. 26 3/5; 51 1/5;...):rolleyes:

DonGuido
09-20-2017, 10:31 AM
I'm also thinking we only play races 1 thru 11, ending with the big enchilada!!! :)

RUFFIAN
09-20-2017, 11:09 AM
JOLY CHIRPS ~
''...Ms. Ruffian, I'm sure that your "walk in the Parkx" pun was really a sly way of referring to the typical fractional times you might see on a Monday afternoon at Parx in two turn dirt races from low level claimers (i.e. 26 3/5; 51 1/5;...)''
============================================

To Which The Ruff One Responds ~
If I Were As Knowledgeable As Joly Re: Those Kind Of Tidbits / Facts
Then He Coulda Been Correct ~ ;)

However ~ As Most Know, I Am Ignorant Of Those Sort Of ''Stats'' :zz:

As A Writer Who Plays With Words & Double Meanings ~
It Was Only A Simple Play on PARX / PARKS

My ''Stats'' For Choosing Horses Are Supurrr Simple!
Felines / Names / Grays / Fave Sires :{>:

And Thaaaaaaaaats ALL Folks!

JolyB
09-20-2017, 07:21 PM
That's one of the reasons why this thing we call handicapping is such a great avocation. Ruff, you can love the activity without ever looking at a speed figure or doing a pace analysis. I can dive into the past performances with all of the zeal of a financial analyst looking at a corporate earnings report. Even though we take very different approaches, at the end of the day we can both go home as winners.

DonGuido
09-20-2017, 09:14 PM
That's one of the reasons why this thing we call handicapping is such a great avocation. Ruff, you can love the activity without ever looking at a speed figure or doing a pace analysis. I can dive into the past performances with all of the zeal of a financial analyst looking at a corporate earnings report. Even though we take very different approaches, at the end of the day we can both go home as winners.ALL I CAN SAY IS BRAVO!!!