PDA

View Full Version : ROI Results 9/9 @ Kentucky Downs

Real Quiet
09-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Kentucky Downs didn't give up much on Saturday but two players figured out Race 7 and took
home the points. Don and Joly both went the trifecta route in race 7 and the winner just
structured his wager a little better. Don G edged out Joly B and prevented a points / ROI
sweep. Congrats on the win Don. That's win number five on the season and inches you
closer to a plus ROI on the year. Nice try Joly on a tough full field card. Following are the
unofficial results pending any objections. See you all in the gate next Saturday.

WIN... Don Guido... +$83.20... R 7: $16 tri 5/2,4,7/2,4,7 $11.20 X 16... $179.20

PLACE... Joly B... +$27.20... R 7: $11 tri: 5 // 2,4,7 // 2,4,7... $123.20

Real Quiet -$79.00
RYonker -$100.00
NJ Stinks -$100.00
Plenilune -$100.00
Ruffian -$100.00
Cruzan -$100.00

JolyB
09-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Nicely done Don. We clearly liked the same horses, but you were willing to play more aggressively than I was, and it paid off.

See you all in the gate next Saturday.

Don't know where we are going yet, but I hope that all of your passports are in order. :):)

Real Quiet
09-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Yah......Kamloops. Or could it be Woodbine?

JolyB
09-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Welllllll...., there are some nice small stakes races at Northlands Park in Edmonton. One of our former active players of a couple of years ago has trained there, and I think is active in the thoughbred community in Edmonton, but I haven't seen her name in the entry lists for a while. The smart money should be on Woodbine.

One place where we won't be is Fort Erie. I'm still in amazement over Race 4 on this afternoon's card. I happened to play the race, rooted my pick home, and then watched a "Hold All Tickets" notice on the screen for at least 15 minutes. Finally they announced that some part of the tote had remained open after the race had started, so all bets on the race were being refunded. Why does this never happen to me when I have a Losing ticket? What left me scratching my head was that they treated the race as an ALL race for purposes of the pick 3 that ended in race 4. So, someone who had placed a pick 3 bet before race 2 and had the first two winners, then had the winner of race 4 had to share his winnings with everyone else who was alive going into race 4 even if they had the loser in race 4???? That diluted the pick 3 from a probable of $25.00 to something like $8.00. Don't see how a tote not closing in race 4 affected bets that were placed before race 2.

DonGuido
09-12-2017, 06:18 PM
OK another DG wager win? :eek::$::D HUH??? This must be the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, or perhaps the gates opening up for the "Ride of the Four Horsemen" NOT . . . or maybe just pure unadulterated LUCK . . . but I'll take it!

I don't think I've had 5 ROI Wager wins in the last 3 years. Yes JB, I saw you ROI after I posted mine and was just hoping the 1 horse did not upset me. Seeing your wager I felt I was at least in the right ball park.

DonGuido
09-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Nicely done Don. We clearly liked the same horses, but you were willing to play more aggressively than I was, and it paid off.

Don't know where we are going yet, but I hope that all of your passports are in order. :):)I could take Woodbine . . . there must be an early fall chill up there by now!!! Have we been there yet this year? Are they racing in Argentina yet or still? They do have some great looking females their . . . of course I meant of the equine kind.;)