PDA

View Full Version : Venue for Sep 9???

DonGuido
09-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Thinking about Kentucky Downs. I know they are all turf races and the four stakes races have big purses which should draw some quality horses.

Thoughts? , , , not a whole lot to chose from otherwise.

JolyB
09-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Don, congrats for your win at Del Mar.

Going to the old "Dueling Grounds" would be a very nice change of pace. I've always thought that it was very cool to watch the Kentucky Turf Cup races, on a course that actually has undulations. It has a very European feel to it. The only drawback is that you tend to be at the mercy of the weather even more than at conventional tracks. If there are heavy rains, taking the races off the turf is just not an option.

DonGuido
09-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Yes, we'll watch the weather report. I guess the fall back if it does rain in Kentucky would be Lousiana Downs. . . with seven stakes and the Super Derby. I thought the Super Derby was a graded stakes and would have a much bigger purse? No doubt KY Downs would be different and maybe more of a challenge to handicap . . . but whose not up for a challenge?

Right now long range forecast looks good for Franklin, KY Fri-Sat-Sun @ 10% rain and sunny Sat and Sun. We'll see. Patty and I have been to Franklin several times and there's not too many places more beautiful with grand horse farms painting the landscape for as far as you can see north south east and west.

RUFFIAN
09-04-2017, 03:38 PM
MEOWZA DON
How about doing Kentucky Downs ~ with a bonus of the Louisiana Derby!:tro:

Best Of Both Worlds! :{>:

RUFFIAN
09-06-2017, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=RUFFIAN-333;1099239]MEOWZA DON
How about doing Kentucky Downs ~ with a bonus of the Louisiana Derby!:tro:

Best Of Both Worlds! :{>:

ON SECOND THOUGHT---

AFTER SEEING BOTH CARDS & LA DERBY JUST 6 IN

KENTUCKY DOWNS LOOKS LIKE THE BEST BET! IMO :tro:
BIG FIELDS, SUPURRR JOCKEYS, ALL TURF....
WHATS NOT TO LOVE ~ :{>: