PDA

View Full Version : Artsplace euthanized

ELA
10-30-2006, 08:34 PM
A very sad day for the harness industry. Not to start an arguement, however, Artsplace -- who in my opinion was the greatest horse to ever step foot on a standardbred racetrack -- was euthanized due to laminitis. A true champion by anyone's standards. A great champion.

Eric

paisjpq
10-30-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=18557&z=1

I agree Eric, sad day for harness fans.

GPK
10-31-2006, 06:08 AM
A very sad day for the harness industry. Not to start an arguement, however, Artsplace -- who in my opinion was the greatest horse to ever step foot on a standardbred racetrack -- was euthanized due to laminitis. A true champion by anyone's standards. A great champion.

Eric

The Baron is truely saddened by this news.:( :(
RIP big fella

Cajungator26
10-31-2006, 10:22 AM
RIP, big guy... :(

Bold Reasoning
10-31-2006, 12:51 PM
I saw Artsplace many times at the Meadowlands. I am deeply saddened by the passing of this phenomenal horse.:( Rest in Peace Dear Boy. Thank you for all the thrills.

Byebyemermaid
11-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Agreed that it is a sad day, but Eric...

NIATROSS... the rest nowhere.
I happened to be up in Saratoga racing a 2 year old filly when Niatross went over the hub rail and Trenton Time won the race.Niatrosses best race ever was the qualifier for the Meadowlands pace where he made a break and spotted the field lengths.The fact that he still was able to qualify for the final was simply incredible.He also never had a human being drive him.Imagine if Clint Galbraith had given the lines to John Campbell.No question the greatest harness horse that ever lived.

Byebyemermaid
11-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Agreed that it is a sad day, but Eric...

NIATROSS... the rest nowhere.
Albatross-Niagra Dream by Bye Bye Byrd