PDA

View Full Version : Most impresive horse yesterday

jpops757
06-11-2006, 09:53 AM
The Assmsen Anew looked the best to me 22 and change and continued to pull away. I dont know what his numbers were but looked very impresive to me. Killed me at the winbdows but I thought this was the most impresive performance Sat.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-11-2006, 09:58 AM
The Assmsen Anew looked the best to me 22 and change and continued to pull away. I dont know what his numbers were but looked very impresive to me. Killed me at the winbdows but I thought this was the most impresive performance Sat.

He was very impressive. You have to always look out for Asmussen's horses. Afrashad's performance was the most impressive to me. It was almost scary good.

Gauchos0522
06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Still impressed by Gorella running down the loose pacesetter. Really thought that horse had it in the bag when she was clear by 7 going into the stretch but the litte filly wouldn't have that. Great preformance.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-11-2006, 10:06 AM
sinkwitch was the most impressive to me. lol

Scav
06-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Bushfire BY FAR. For her to fight back on a rail that was DEAD AS DEAD, was unbelievable. Did you see how far Gomez went off the rail, NO ONE wanted any part of it.

belmont park is the best
06-11-2006, 10:46 AM
If you thought Anew was that impressive, what about Afrashad. Ran only .2 slower and broke like a slug. Went the whole stretch on his wrong lead too. I seriously think if this horse can get all his quirky behavior out he could become a factor in the sprint division.

jpops757
06-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I give up after the input I cant knock any of the peformances cited here. With all the compaining about this bad ride and that horse that didnt fire maybe we should paraise all the nice performances.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Still impressed by Gorella running down the loose pacesetter. Really thought that horse had it in the bag when she was clear by 7 going into the stretch but the litte filly wouldn't have that. Great preformance.

Oh, that race was AWESOME! Julian Leparoux rode that race perfectly...perfectly timed and perfectly executed! What a finish!

1st_Saturday_in_May
06-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I say Gorella. No way she should be able to close on the leader like that

Cunningham Racing
06-11-2006, 12:47 PM

Gorella......enough said.

You just don't give a hot horse (Pommes Frete) an easy, slow pace on her home course like that and still make up SEVERAL lengths in a short stretch period to win easily....this mare is an absolute monster..

Easily the most impressive race of the weekend to me...my jaw was dropped for like 10 minutes....WOW

Scurlogue Champ
06-11-2006, 12:53 PM
The most impressive to me was Lava Man.

Regardless of whether he is "an eagle...a BALD EAGLE"

This horse should be the most popular thing in America right now. Grade one winner on turf and dirt...front running.

He is starting to remind me of an Aussie horse named Might and Power. If he keeps this up he will be very similar. The Aussies loved that horse and we should do the same with Lava Man.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't know who was the most impressive yesterday.There were multiple career performances,and that was great to see.All I have to add (to what has been written) is that ANEW won while running in probably his least preferred way(on the front.)He is better off the pace n' pouncing,and that makes his effort yesterday very scary.This horse gives a jockey the option to respond to whatever situation he is dealt.My choice for the Breeders Cup Sprint.Go back and watch his previous races.He doesn't get tired.Reminds me of SPEIGHTSTOWN,but with the turn of foot of Lit de Justice.

2Hot4TV
06-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Prado beating EC and Alex Solis getting Bushfire to win when he was p i s s i n g his pants down on the rail with a tired horse and deep ground.

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Prado beating EC and Alex Solis getting Bushfire to win when he was p i s s i n g his pants down on the rail with a tired horse and deep ground.

Prado beat EC because JV cannot get his hand above his shoulder to whip. And the fact that P Val couldn't keep that horse strait & whip at the same time without throwing his balance off.

Kasept
06-12-2006, 05:51 AM
In victory:

1. Gorella: Amazing.. Looked hopeless 1/8th out.. impossible at 1/16th pole..
2. Afrashad: What could this guy have been? What could he be yet?
3. Songster: 100% bona-fide.. Off 21 days..

In defeat:

1. Relaxed Gesture: Off the dismal Dubai effort
2. Last Romance: Cut into speed-favoring strip
3. Too Much Bling: Re-rallied impressively in bounce-scenario and off bad ride

Performance of the day:

Fernando Jara: In the most arduous of races, he rode like Arcaro.. Couldn't be happier for this kid.

Worst performance of the day:

How about ABC failing to have a Spanish-speaker available to interpret for Jara? Pathetic.. Haven't seen the whole show, (I hear Bailey was great all day), but I'm hearing the broadcast overall was horrible..

ateamstupid
06-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Hope you guys cashed on Afrashad at 3/2, because you're not getting a price that good the rest of the year.

I told my boy who bet another horse in the race, "Afrashad is the type of horse that's either gonna win by open lengths or finish dead last, so play him on top in savers." Dude didn't listen. I taught him better than that.

How about Durkin's call? "AND THIS...IS A VERY...FAST...HORSE!"

You could tell he was trying to think "Hmmm...fast 3-year-old? No wait, he's 4. Fast sprinter? No wait, they might stretch him out...ummm...HORSE! HE'S A HORSE!"

Classic.

Buffymommy
06-12-2006, 09:41 AM
My girl Gorella made me sooo proud on Saturday. Love this filly. Best one in the country right now IMO!