PDA

View Full Version : breeders' cup contest

avance2000
10-30-2006, 06:53 AM
i assume there will be one....but who is doing it and what is the format going to be?
we are only 5 days away!!!

Buffymommy
10-30-2006, 12:20 PM
I was wondering that myself. Who did one last year? Cajun and I did a silly one. Who is doing the serious one?

Cajungator26
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
I was wondering that myself. Who did one last year? Cajun and I did a silly one. Who is doing the serious one?

I highly doubt that they want the two of us doing the SERIOUS one... (well, maybe they'll trust you.) :D

I think we should do the $120 deal... $120 a race or something like that, however we want to use that $120. Do you think that would work?

Buffymommy
10-30-2006, 12:51 PM
HA HA! Not me Cajun, not me and my "drunk" math!

How did we do it last year? I remember doing one, but I don't remember who ran it and how they did it.

I seem to recall listing 1, 2, 3 in the race and an alternate or something like that.

Cajungator26
10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
HA HA! Not me Cajun, not me and my "drunk" math!

How did we do it last year? I remember doing one, but I don't remember who ran it and how they did it.

I seem to recall listing 1, 2, 3 in the race and an alternate or something like that.

I remember the same thing, but I can't remember if we had done that for the derby... :confused:

I'm sure some of the guys will come up with something entertaining.

Nascar1966
10-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Here is a link to a fantasy contest that is happening:

http://bcfc.churchilldowns.com/

Daily Racing Form is reporting that Commentator is out of the Sprint.

He has a shin injury. Areyoutalkintome is now in, I love that name.

Buffymommy
10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I remember the same thing, but I can't remember if we had done that for the derby... :confused:

I'm sure some of the guys will come up with something entertaining.

I remember using Drifty last year and Gorella so I know it was the breeder's cup. It was fun. I ended up somewhere in the middle and ALMOST on the positive side I think. :D

I was just wondering if anyone remembered.

Kasept
10-30-2006, 01:29 PM
I'll offer up prize packages for two DT contests ...

1.) W-P-S STYLE: Select your top three finishers in each race.. 15-10-5 scoring for W-P-S, 5 pt. bonus for exacta within the picks, 15 pt. bonus for trifecta within the picks. (50 pt. maximum each race for a perfect possible score of 400.)

2.) WAGERING CHALLENGES:

a.) INDIVIDUAL RACE: Spend $12 per race (8 races = $96).. Any way you wish. Total accumulated payout wins..

b.) MULTI-RACE: Spend $96 TOTAL on DD, P3, P4 and/or P6 wagers.. Total accumulated payout wins..

Sightseek
10-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Awesome Kasept! :)

I think this makes Contest #7 I am playing this weekend. LOL

Cajungator26
10-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Steve! It sounds like fun. :D

Buffy, my memory is shot, can you tell? :eek: :o

I also used Drifty last year, but left out your girl.

Buffymommy
10-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Thank you Steve! That is cool! I look forward to winning. (HEE HEE just kidding. I just want to be on the positive side of things this year).

repent
10-31-2006, 01:39 AM
cool,
thanks Steve.

5 days.
cant wait.
today is kind of like Dec 20 when I was a kid.

Repent

Buffymommy
10-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Someone is running it at the "old" board. This is what we did last year. What can I say, my blond is coming out because I couldn't remember for the life of me yesterday what we had done. :)

"These are the rules, which are consistent with previous years.

Each entrant must submit picks on the official pick thread, 5 minutes prior to the start of the first official Breeders Cup Race.

Each entrant must select four horses per race

1) First Choice

2) Second Choice

3) Third Choice

A) Alternative

The first choice gets a $2 WIN/PLACE/SHOW bet placed on him.

The second choice gets a $ 2 PLACE/SHOW bet on him.

The third choice gets a $2 SHOW bet on him.

If your horse is scratched the Alternative plays as the show bet....With the others getting bumped up one.

The winner is the person with the most money wins the contest."

Cajungator26
10-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Someone is running it at the "old" board. This is what we did last year. What can I say, my blond is coming out because I couldn't remember for the life of me yesterday what we had done. :)

"These are the rules, which are consistent with previous years.

Each entrant must submit picks on the official pick thread, 5 minutes prior to the start of the first official Breeders Cup Race.

Each entrant must select four horses per race

1) First Choice

2) Second Choice

3) Third Choice

A) Alternative

The first choice gets a $2 WIN/PLACE/SHOW bet placed on him.

The second choice gets a $ 2 PLACE/SHOW bet on him.

The third choice gets a $2 SHOW bet on him.

If your horse is scratched the Alternative plays as the show bet....With the others getting bumped up one.

The winner is the person with the most money wins the contest."

COOL, Buffy! I can't wait! :cool:

1st_Saturday_in_May
11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Byk's the man!

brianwspencer
11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll offer up prize packages for two DT contests ...

1.) W-P-S STYLE: Select your top three finishers in each race.. 15-10-5 scoring for W-P-S, 5 pt. bonus for exacta within the picks, 15 pt. bonus for trifecta within the picks. (50 pt. maximum each race for a perfect possible score of 400.)

is this for sure going to be a contest format? I'm without internet access going to a wedding beginning tomorrow and want to participate in some way -- wont' have time to figure out the wager thing in any coherent manner before this evening.

if this is going to be a format, i will post my picks here this evening so that even though it will be rushed, i can participate

Buffymommy
11-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Should we start a new thread for each of Steve's contests?

paisjpq
11-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Should we start a new thread for each of Steve's contests?
buffy...I'm sure steve would appreciate the help if you want to start contest threads for him....he's crazy busy and on the road so I doubt he will remember to do it.:)

Buffymommy
11-02-2006, 09:50 AM
buffy...I'm sure steve would appreciate the help if you want to start contest threads for him....he's crazy busy and on the road so I doubt he will remember to do it.:)

That is what I figured. My Saturday is full and work is busy right now as we are down a secretary, but I know he is probably a hellava lot busier than me. :)

I will start them right now.