PDA

View Full Version : Venue July 15th- Indiana Grand

ryonker1
07-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Hi all

Kind of an interesting weekend/but not Kamloops worthy.

Delaware was ok, but let's go to Indiana for the races there. 1 less race/more horses entered :D

thanks
Ron

DonGuido
07-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Indiana, Indiana, Indiana . . . I love "The Music Man" but we'll see about the race track. But the way I've been 'capping lately . . . don't matter where we play. :o:eek::wf We may just all have "Trouble, trouble, right here in river city with a capital T and that rhymes with P . . . and stands for pool". And EP will vouch for the fact how a pool hall can get you in trouble, right here in river city. And the Dan Patch reference is classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI

ENJOY!!! And I might add that little do many of you know EP is a nationally renown pool player (Huster) in her day . . . beat the best at the highest level, seriously!!!

And I'm sorry but I gotta end with this . . . I'm a sucker for great musicals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBQWsBiM5YY

I FREAKING LOVE YOUTUBE. Opps, except I think this took place in Iowa . . . Indiana . . . Iowa . . . Indiana?

JolyB
07-13-2017, 07:54 AM
Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, or even Idaho. It's all good for me; I'm just looking forward to Opening Day at Saratoga, only 8 days away.

For this Saturday, Indiana would be just Grand.:rolleyes:

BTW, Don, The Music Man was set in Iowa (think of the song "Iowa Stubborn"). Meredith Wilson was born in Mason City, Iowa, which became River City in his play. Your memory isn't that far off though. There was also a song in the Music Man about Gary, Indiana (Harold Hill's hometown)

DonGuido
07-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, or even Idaho. It's all good for me; I'm just looking forward to Opening Day at Saratoga, only 8 days away.

For this Saturday, Indiana would be just Grand.:rolleyes:

BTW, Don, The Music Man was set in Iowa (think of the song "Iowa Stubborn"). Meredith Wilson was born in Mason City, Iowa, which became River City in his play. Your memory isn't that far off though. There was also a song in the Music Man about Gary, Indiana (Harold Hill's hometown)Ahhhh yes, thanks for reminding me. If only Patty and I could find a a way up to eastern edge of the Adirondacks this year but it may have to wait. Still working on a get together at Keeneland for any one who can make it. We'd drive. Also I have a very good contact/friend who manages his own farm that could open some doors for us at other "more notable" farms for a visit.

But, it will depend on things I have little control over. May be, maybe not!?

cruzan200246
07-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Will the PP's be provided?:D:D

JolyB
07-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Will the PP's be provided?:D:D

Cruzan, many of us use this link to get BRIS pp's for free.

Most of the Saturday Indiana Grand races are included. You do have to wander around the site a little to reach what you're seeking.

http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html

DonGuido
07-13-2017, 09:12 PM
I've used Brisnet for years. $1 for Premium PP's.

RUFFIAN
07-14-2017, 10:53 AM
If any of you ever wondered what HOOSIER means ~ I Have

It comes from the word Hoosa, which means American Indian maize or corn.

Hoosier’s Men was a term used for Indiana employees of a canal contractor named Hoosier.

“Who’s ear?” – Writer James Whitcomb Riley joked that this question,

supposedly posed by early Indiana settlers following tavern fights which had resulted in someone’s ear being cut off and left on the floor, eventually became the word “Hoosier."

“Who’s yer/here?” –
This was supposedly the way early Indiana settlers would respond to a knock on their cabin doors.

The story goes that it was eventually shortened to “Hoosier?”

“Who’s your [relative]?” –
Again, legend has it that this question was eventually shortened to “Hoosier