PDA

View Full Version : 07.08.2017 Venue

Plenilune
07-05-2017, 04:57 PM
It appears there is a chance of rain at Belmont on Friday but not so much on Saturday. So, I choose Belmont for this Saturday's card. Stars and Stripes Day looks like a very exciting day of racing!

FRI JUL 7 Showers 84° Rain 50%

SAT JUL 8 Mostly Sunny 83° Rain 20%

JolyB
07-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Plen, I think that you've picked a great card of racing, especially the numerous turf races.

I was especially impressed by the conditions for the two Grade 1 Invitational races. Hoping to draw Southern Hemisphere horses, they have a special definition of what qualifies as a 3 year old and a different scale of weights since those horses are just a bit older than Northern Hemisphere 3 year olds. Alas, there aren't any entries from the Southern Hemisphere, but Aiden O'Brien has sent several that might be contenders.

DonGuido
07-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Sounds good to me and typically the turf is my cup of bourbon (errr, I mean TEA). Let's see if I can snap out of the handicapping doldrums I've acquired lately and "politely" keep Plenilune from a THREEPEAT but it won't bother me if I don't. :)

ElPrado
07-05-2017, 11:49 PM
I'll be here, too. My Drs and I almost started WWIII last weekend. They finally ran out of tests. The Drs wound up bored.
I can now report that all the rumors of my imminent doom have been proven to be false. Even the heart murmur I've had since birth evaporated. That confused them as much as anything. I now have permission to have a cough. It isn't in the mood to be anything else. I have COPD. Now I'm on steroids.
I had a ringside seat for the best fireworks display Tampa had on offer. I was stuck on the hospital's 9th floor and they went off right in front of me. The night nurse came in to do vitals and almost jumped over the bed when one went off just outside the window. She wound up watching them with me for a few minutes.

DonGuido
07-06-2017, 07:56 AM
I'll be here, too. My Drs and I almost started WWIII last weekend. They finally ran out of tests. The Drs wound up bored.
I can now report that all the rumors of my imminent doom have been proven to be false. Even the heart murmur I've had since birth evaporated. That confused them as much as anything. I now have permission to have a cough. It isn't in the mood to be anything else. I have COPD. Now I'm on steroids.
I had a ringside seat for the best fireworks display Tampa had on offer. I was stuck on the hospital's 9th floor and they went off right in front of me. The night nurse came in to do vitals and almost jumped over the bed when one went off just outside the window. She wound up watching them with me for a few minutes.You need to write a book about your health issues roller coaster ride. Maybe you've already been written up in medical journals, who knows?! Heart murmurs are fairly common and mine was not enough to keep me out of the Army way back when. Sometimes they hear it, sometimes they don't.

ElPrado
07-07-2017, 12:58 AM
I couldn't post it here. The servers would explode. Those nitwits that kept me trapped last week would finally be exposed as the blithering idiots they are.
Maybe if I told them I was going to I would get paid off. I think the only place I didn't see last week was the morgue. Last year I wound up in the hospital for 4 days because I was given warfarin. It's in my records that I over react to it. The Dr that did that was in my room yesterday when the head of the vein clinic was explaining that they couldn't find a reason to keep me any longer. He and his wife are from Egypt. They come and have lunch picnics with me at a park that has a beach. She's a neurologist. I'm not supposed to have recognized them. I'm beginning to believe that I'm being tracked with an implanted device. I can be anywhere in town and somehow step on one of the Drs from Tampa General that I know.

DonGuido
07-07-2017, 03:27 PM
I couldn't post it here. The servers would explode. Those nitwits that kept me trapped last week would finally be exposed as the blithering idiots they are.
Maybe if I told them I was going to I would get paid off. I think the only place I didn't see last week was the morgue. Last year I wound up in the hospital for 4 days because I was given warfarin. It's in my records that I over react to it. The Dr that did that was in my room yesterday when the head of the vein clinic was explaining that they couldn't find a reason to keep me any longer. He and his wife are from Egypt. They come and have lunch picnics with me at a park that has a beach. She's a neurologist. I'm not supposed to have recognized them. I'm beginning to believe that I'm being tracked with an implanted device. I can be anywhere in town and somehow step on one of the Drs from Tampa General that I know.Is there a way to check to see if these Drs may be from another planet or planets . . . and you have been chosen as an experiment? :eek: