PDA

View Full Version : ROI Results 7/1 @ Gulfstream

Real Quiet
07-03-2017, 12:17 PM
A small but select group showed up at Gulfstream Saturday to try and pry some virtual cash
from the mutuel tellers and for the most part failed in the endeavor. One player however got
some good wood on the ball and knocked it out of the park. Well, down the line at the 280 mark
and it just nicked the foul pole but it shows up the same as a Mantle 500 foot homer. Joly B
nails the Gulfstream win as the hit a $35 straight exacta and took a fiver home for the win and
all the points. Nicely structured JB and congrats on the win. The results would have been up
yesterday but I spent a lot of time looking for NJ Stinks extra dollar. I looked under the cushions,
checked the washing machine and recalculated his array over and over but couldn't find it.
I think NJS might have been trying to trick me and see if I was paying attention. Following
are the unofficial results pending any objections. See you all next week at the track of
Plenilunes choosing (again....she be on fire).

WIN... Joly B... +$5.00... Race 5: $35 Ex: 6/2 $6.00 X 17.5... $105.00

Cruzan -$70.00
NJ Stinks -$99.00
Real Quiet -$100.00
Plenilune -$100.00
Ruffian -$100.00

JolyB
07-03-2017, 03:44 PM
RQ, I love your "down the line at the 280 mark" reference for a very cheap home run. I reminds me of the old Polo Grounds in New York, where the distance down the right field line was 258 feet and down the left field line was a longer 279 feet, but there was apparently a 21 foot overhand in the upper deck that often turned fly balls that would have been caught into home runs (such as Bobby Thompson's 1951 pennant winning "blast"). But, they still counted, while very long shots to deep center, such as Vic Wertz's in Game 1 of the 1954 World Series, were just verrry long outs.

By the way, if I had just played the $100 bankroll as a show bet on the odds on winner, I would have earned exactly the same $5. It's a funny game, isn't it?

NJ Stinks
07-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Do you have to be a certain age to understand the reference to a cheap home run? I hope not but who knows? Not me that's for sure. I don't do Facebook nor do I even text. When I meet my Maker more people may wonder what happened to NJ Stinks than the guy who paid his taxes on time for over 50 years.

But I digress. :D

Real Quiet, I do wish I had changed the "Total Bets" amount to $99. But I forgot. :zz: