PDA

View Full Version : ROI Results 6/17 @ Churchill

Real Quiet
06-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Somebody at the Down After Dark turned out the lights and left us all in total darkness. No one
made a profit and no points were dispensed. Cruzan gave it a run and had the only winning ticket
and got $82.00 on Apologynotaccepted to fall a bit short of break even. Following are what I think
were the results of our wagers. Any errors please let me know. Congrats to Joly on his points win
and lets hope he can find a venue that isn't as tight with winners.

Cruzan -$18.00 R7. 7 Apologynotaccepted $20 Place $8.20 X 10... $82.00
Joly B -$96.00
Don Guido -$96.00
NJ Stinks -$100.00
Plenilune -$100.00
Ruffian -$100.00
El Prado -$100.00
Real Quiet -$100.00

JolyB
06-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Congrats to Joly on his points win
and lets hope he can find a venue that isn't as tight with winners.

Well, I'll try, but coming up with a suitable venue for our next contest isn't going to be an east task. The pickings are somewhat slim.

I'd love to choose Royal Ascot's closing day, featuring the Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Rule Brittania and all that, eh what old chap), but the reasons why I just shouldn't do that are much too obvious.

I'll try to come up with a venue that will yield ROI winners, and will post it in a short while. Just waiting for a long range weather report to determine whether a turf festival at Laurel might make sense.

In the meanwhile, the PGA has come to town - the Travelers Open is just a few miles down the road, and the pre-tournament activities are much more interesting than the tournament itself.

DonGuido
06-19-2017, 10:06 PM
Joly: I did not know you stroked the little white ball around the fairways of the greener grass of life. Still a game where rules are cherished and etiquette is the a center piece of the game. I've played a lot in my life except for the last two years. Maybe I'll have some time now for awhile any way.

Actually the game is nearly as challenging as making s living at handicapping thoroughbreds . . . with the later sometimes being easier.:):confused::)

BTW - I like the turf, if that matters.

Real Quiet
06-20-2017, 07:44 AM
Really Don. You never heard of Joly Woods aka the "White Tiger"? I was known as the "Grounder" cause when the ball was on the tee that's as high as it ever got.

JolyB
06-20-2017, 09:58 AM
RQ, we should have played golf together when we were still young and able - we could have split the difference. You call yourself the grounder, while my swing was usually elevated. My drives often went 300 yards - 100 up, 100 out and 100 down. If we could have balanced each other out, it would have been a fearsome combination.

As to your "Tiger" reference, that is open to so many possible interpretations that it is safer to just leave it alone.