PDA

View Full Version : Citgo Pick 6 Finale

Crown@club
10-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Back-to-back Espn/DT board wins!!!! Yea!

And also back-to-back times that Andy (Papa) quit after losing the lead. heh! heh!

But get nothing for being 12th overall and 2 picks behind the winner. Not bad for making picks mostly on Friday nights before scratches due to other pressing activities!

BellamyRd.
10-28-2006, 06:14 PM

And also back-to-back times that Andy (Papa) quit after losing the lead. heh! heh!

But get nothing for being 12th overall and 2 picks behind the winner. Not bad for making picks mostly on Friday nights before scratches due to other pressing activities!

Congrats! you won the whole deal? what's the prize?
thought it ended with the BC?

brianwspencer
10-28-2006, 06:37 PM
i had some great weeks, but towards the second half, had a bunch more bad weeks than good ones.

i WAS pissed off however with the week of the QEII challenge, as the last horse i took off of my pick-6 when whittling it down was Nkosi Reigns, singling Siphon City.

I hit five of six. Had I used that last choice, I would have hit the pick-6 using one less pick than the winner, but I had trimmed it out because I wanted to try to hit it using the least picks.

i'm a fool.

cal828
10-28-2006, 06:45 PM

Congrats. I came in third to you guys. Had a nice run for several weeks and thought I might win, but I choked bad today. Was 23rd going in to today's cntest, but ended up 42nd.

Crown@club
10-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Congrats! you won the whole deal? what's the prize?
thought it ended with the BC?

I get nothing and like it. I finished 12 overall which mean didley squat. Prizes haven't been jack since after its first year.

Cal....good job!

cal828
10-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I get nothing and like it. I finished 12 overall which mean didley squat. Prizes haven't been jack since after its first year.

Cal....good job!

Thanks. It was a decent finish. Maybe I can improve upon that next time.

Nascar1966
10-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Great job to all. I finished at a new best for this segment. 357nth , not much too brag about, dropped over 100 on this last weekend. Had two weeks where I only had two winners and one of them was when I had to do the picks on Friday. Over all I am very happy with where I finished. I lost on Nkosi Reigns also, I was a sucker in taking Siphon City. I am also awful on the Polytracks.

brianwspencer
10-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Great job to all. I finished at a new best for this segment. 357nth , not much too brag about, dropped over 100 on this last weekend. Had two weeks where I only had two winners and one of them was when I had to do the picks on Friday. Over all I am very happy with where I finished. I lost on Nkosi Reigns also, I was a sucker in taking Siphon City. I am also awful on the Polytracks.

"sucker" is a good word for it, that's how i felt. he seemed too good if he returned to his prior form. and i'd loved Nkosi Reigns for a bit cuz I got to see him several times in person at Arlington. I'm a sucker for local horses that I've been impressed by in person, when they go on the road. and I didn't follow my gut.

i'm not sure where i ended up, but i should check -- i was in the top 30 for a few weeks, and then tailed off BAD.