PDA

View Full Version : Taken Not Given

GPK
06-11-2006, 07:23 AM
F me....had this guy on my watch list, knew he would improve his 2nd out on the grass, especially with the grass being soft and totally forgot about him yesterday. How the hell he was allowed to go off at 28-1 is mind boggling to me.:eek:

Kasept
06-11-2006, 08:04 AM
F me....had this guy on my watch list, knew he would improve his 2nd out on the grass, especially with the grass being soft and totally forgot about him yesterday. How the hell he was allowed to go off at 28-1 is mind boggling to me.:eek:

Kev,

We had Contessa on the show Friday and he said he expected a big effort.. I had forgotten that two hours later when I wrote up the analysis and certainly didn't take notice after an interminable day at BEL.. EVERYTHING Contessa is sending out is live right now..

GPK
06-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Kev,

We had Contessa on the show Friday and he said he expected a big effort.. I had forgotten that two hours later when I wrote up the analysis and certainly didn't take notice after an interminable day at BEL.. EVERYTHING Contessa is sending out is live right now..

Steve,

When I first saw TNG breeding, it screamed turf to me. I bet him his first out on turf when he finished 3rd. Being out a TREMPOLINO mare, he should have loved the soft going even more and he proved yesterday that he did. We missed a major score there Steve.

PSH
06-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Following that logic - everything Contessa sends out is live
He has an entry today (Sunday) in the 1st race... favored at 5-2

and Unswept in Race 5 at 7-2

plus two more in races 8 and 9.....

PSH

Gander
06-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Funny story, I had more than a few beers yesterday and was a little tipsy by the time this race had gone off. After the race I thought this horse was the one owned by Landson, "Thats a Given". I thought I was going crazy because he was going to run in the Belmont Stakes and somebody said he wasnt doing well and opted not to run this weekend.

So I see this horse win at 28/1 and I am cursing myself for not paying closer attention. Turns out I had the wrong horse in mind.

wac
06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Dude, by this time of the day i was totally hammerred but rememberred prob the best tip i have heard yet and that is too play a horse 2nd time on turf if bred for it and did ok first time. I liked the mantle horse but he was 2/1 and came across this 9 only had 5wp but paid over $200. awesome i love that angle.