PDA

View Full Version : steppenwolfer

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-10-2006, 10:57 PM
im still surprised at all the support he took from the media and people on here and all the money he gobbled up at the windows today. maybe now some will realize the horse just isnt G1 quality, if today dont prove it i dont know what will, how much softer could you want for a grade 1? hes a nice racehorse and i am a fan of him but after watching the last time he ran@oaklawn i was convinced he didnt have what it took to be a major threat in the TC, he had zero excuse for not running down LR that day and looked very akward down the lane trying to do it, not sure if the horse got some lingering physical issues or what. of course im sure the connections woulda liked to have won but they cant cry too much for taking down a 60k check for finishing 4th

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-10-2006, 11:04 PM
his ulra fast work made me say whoops....

1st_Saturday_in_May
06-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Not a bad little horsie. Was in the money 8 of 8 times on the dirt so I really expected him to hit the board. All things considered he did outclose Jazil in the Derby but hell if you couldnt touch Lawyer Ron in Arkansas (most overrated horse of the year as of now...btw and it took me way to long to realize) then the odds of winning anything else arent great. Was more surprised to the money given to Bob and John than Steppenwolfer though.

Cajungator26
06-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Not a bad little horsie. Was in the money 8 of 8 times on the dirt so I really expected him to hit the board. All things considered he did outclose Jazil in the Derby but hell if you couldnt touch Lawyer Ron in Arkansas (most overrated horse of the year as of now...btw and it took me way to long to realize) then the odds of winning anything else arent great. Was more surprised to the money given to Bob and John than Steppenwolfer though.

I was very surprised that Bob and John went off as the favorite... I knew he was toasted by the half.