SCUDSBROTHER
06-10-2006, 03:48 PM
The ride on TM BLING TODAY.

Scav
06-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Watch out, SCUDS is FIESTY today

SCUDSBROTHER
06-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Well,I can deal with a bad ride,but I am tired of people actng like he doesn't botch rides.He botched this horribly,and he botched about 20 of them at the Anita meet.

tap
06-10-2006, 04:29 PM
What the hell is wrong with Gomez? I have never seen a rider that has so much athletic ability and yet is so lacking in the head. I am afraid that after today I may be going over to the dark side and finding myself in agreement with Oracle on this jock. LOL! :)

SCUDSBROTHER
06-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Leg 1: 7
Leg 2: 2
Leg 3: 1
Leg 4: 6,7
Leg 5: 4
Leg 6: 8

Cost me 2 pick 5 winners.Just spent a lousy $4,and so it ain't a huge deal,but I should have got it.

Danzig
06-10-2006, 08:00 PM
he got schooled today for sure.

god damn shame d glitters didn't do well. edgar did very well today.

oh, and gomez is talking about staying east since he's done so well. saw that headline earlier. he's gonna go to school a lot if he does that.

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Yea Songster is a ****** horse, 1 post in a sprint race is the worst. You are commited to go from the word go. I read in the DRF that Baffert didn't wan't to run him after they drew. Now we can look forword to a rematch considering they are now 1-1. I will take which ever one draws outside. That was not gomez's best ride by no means.

oracle80
06-11-2006, 07:13 AM
oh SO thats how it feels to be on the other side of on of his boptched ignorant rides. Seems like usually I'm the one getting burned.
Played Songster and Bling in equal strength in the pik-s and obviouslt wanted songster due to the larger price. Watched with total glee and joy as the junkie gave a moronic ride, allowing Songster to win. I loved it!!!!
But yeah, Gomez posesses strength and agility that few riders will ever know of. But just like in the wizard of oz "If I only had a brain". The funny part was that the guy who racerode him into the ground is an old journeyman from Philly park (Harry Vega) !!! Gomez got schooled quite a few times lately. Like I said guys, you wana try and ride that yellow brick rode all the time in NY, you are gonna have to get lucky because in NY they aren't gonna let you out.

oracle80
06-11-2006, 09:01 AM
The ride on TM BLING TODAY.
Scuds, that ride may forever rank as one of the stupidest rides I ever saw. helped me out so I thank him!!!!! I finally cash on a stupid Gomez ride instead of ripping up tickets and full of rage. It was about time. But if you keyed Bling, I truly feel for you.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Scuds, that ride may forever rank as one of the stupidest rides I ever saw. helped me out so I thank him!!!!! I finally cash on a stupid Gomez ride instead of ripping up tickets and full of rage. It was about time. But if you keyed Bling, I truly feel for you.

Well Oracle ,lets see here about the damage the ride did me yesterday.We will start with this little cheap pick 6 play.I DIDN'T PUT MORE THAN $4 in it because I put my money on the 7 horse (Anew) to win the 1st leg(quite possibly because I knew I would get a ride like Gomez gave me,and get nothing for picking Anew.)So,obviously I lost 2 pick fives there(thank you Gomez.)That's probably a total of $200(hopefully less.)

Leg 1: 7
Leg 2: 2
Leg 3: 1
Leg 4: 6,7
Leg 5: 4
Leg 6: 8

Then,I figured those 3 year old fillies are about as reliable as a male dog piss'n where you would prefer him to.So,I take TMB/ALL/CACIQUE/JAZIL in a pick 4 wheel.

Leg 1: 1
Leg 2: 1,2,3,4,5,8,9
Leg 3: 4
Leg 4: 8

The pick 4(with Songster)paid $935/1 for the 5/2 horse in the 1st leg.You tell me what it would have paid with Bling in the 1st leg...minimum $400/1 ?...This ride cost me a minimum of $600,and probably more like $750.I am a bet small/win big individual.So,when you are correct about 4 singles,you would like to do some good damage,but this guy screwed me with that ride on Bling.Can you imagine how blow torch hot I would be if one of my 2 horses in the pick 6 had taken the 3 YEAR OLD FILLY RACE THAT FOLLOWED? How much are we talkin' about for him costing me the p6? This I can forget,but if he had cost me a pick 6,I would never have forgiven him.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-12-2006, 07:30 AM
You know WHAT? I just watched the replay of the Belmont pre-race show.Not only did the incident before the Acorn kill the chances of the 2 horses who had to scratch,but if you look at the incident from in front of the gate(from the camera in the infield,)you will see that Teammate was quite shook up by Miraculous Miss going nuts.She looked right over and stared at the whole incident.She didn't break through the gate,but she made a couple false start lunges .Surely she was not herself after that.Like you said,it was a pretty slow finish,and you would have to think we would have a different result(and a faster race time)if this unfortunate incident didn't happen.A game of luck,and chance(indeed.)

ateamstupid
06-12-2006, 07:53 AM
I was f'ing all over Miraculous Miss, had her singled in the Pick 6 (I was 3-for-3 up until that point), then she flips out and they give me that f'ing slow as molasses El Corredor pig by default. I f'ing HATED that horse. I said on this board and at the track, why the eff isn't Velazquez riding her if she's ready to win this?

They gotta let you have alternates in the Pick 6. I probably still would've lost, considering I didn't have Bushfire as my second choice, but it's the principle of it. I hated Adieu in that race and I still wound up with her as my Pick 6 single.

On top of that, I played a pick 4 with my boy and each of us picked one horse in the Acorn. I had MM and he picked Adieu. I wasn't gonna argue. But thanks to that scratch, we had that crawler for a deuce.

F'ing day went downhill from there and it officially got killed when Glitters flipped his palate and didn't cross the finish line until Sunday morning.

exquisitequine
06-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Garret Gomez is a great rider. The one hole at belmont going that distance is extremely difficult on an animal. You either have to gun the horse up and risk burning him out or you have to wait and stalk. If you wait and stalk, as evidenced, you can get stuck behind horses.

In that race, not much a jockey can do.

He is really cute though.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Garret Gomez is a great rider. The one hole at belmont going that distance is extremely difficult on an animal. You either have to gun the horse up and risk burning him out or you have to wait and stalk. If you wait and stalk, as evidenced, you can get stuck behind horses.

Well,it is not an ideal post for the horse,but that doesn't totally excuse the ride.I have seen this all before from him.This horse has won on the lead,and by making a big middle move on the turn.He chose neither option.What did he choose to do? Well,he must be Catholic,because he seems to enjoy putting a horse in purgatory,and then expects the horse to simply show the run he normally does,but each time he has done this,the animal he is on has lost interest.Quite simply the horse is taken out of their routine,and really have no clue what the hell to do.He keeps the horse in a bad spot,and seems to think the horse will go through holes that are made rather small by the other jocks.This will continue to happen,because nobody chews his ass out for doing it.

Secretariat
06-12-2006, 08:45 AM
gomez is not what he used to be, see Gomez ????? thread,

the questioni have, and its a tough one,

is he playing with substances again ????

Scav
06-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Don't you sleep, it is 6:45am there in Cali?

SCUDSBROTHER
06-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Don't you sleep, it is 6:45am there in Cali?

8,and 4...8 hours one night,and 4 hours the next.I feel best from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.,and would not mind at all living in those odd places that get very little sunlight each day.I have very light colored green eyes,and am probably a lot more sensitive to natural lite than the great majority of people.I am not lite skinned like an Albino,but just very sensitive to natural lite(visually speaking.)

Scav
06-12-2006, 09:27 AM
That is interesting Scuds, especially because you live in a place like Cali where it is sunny 300 days a year....

oracle80
06-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Scuds he has a riding style that has served him quite well. Hes daring, and noone is ever gonna question his bravery. Guy loves to ride in tight and dive for a hole at a moments notice. When it works out, the praise of the greatest rider blah blah blah is all over the place. Thing is hes not riding 12-1 shots anymore. Hes riding horses with a good chance in every race. I told you, in NY riders ride other guys horses as well as their own. Prado knew he had him in jail, and he wasn't letting him out.
Hes gotta chill out a little and realize that he desont always have to make things happen anymore, sometimes you can just stay clear and out of trouble on the kind he is riding these days and they will get you to the winners circle.

Cajungator26
06-12-2006, 09:32 AM

I could care less what he looks like... he was botching rides all weekend.

oracle80
06-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Cajun at some point he may level out and become more consistent. Quite frankly he didn't screw me over once all weekend, I benefitted from a botch or two he gave.
Its why he gives me fits. He will ride 10 winners in three days and then go braindead for the next three days.
He may be overreaching and trying to make too much happen, I don't know.
You can't fault his Belmont attempt and I really only saw him give one bad ride and that was to Bling. I really didn't see him do anything wrong on the other horses he rode, I think he just didnt have the horse.

Cajungator26
06-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Cajun at some point he may level out and become more consistent. Quite frankly he didn't screw me over once all weekend, I benefitted from a botch or two he gave.
Its why he gives me fits. He will ride 10 winners in three days and then go braindead for the next three days.
He may be overreaching and trying to make too much happen, I don't know.
You can't fault his Belmont attempt and I really only saw him give one bad ride and that was to Bling. I really didn't see him do anything wrong on the other horses he rode, I think he just didnt have the horse.

For me, I'm all about consistency... I just don't see him giving CONSISTENT rides. I can't fault him for losing on a horse that just didn't have it (and I agree that he didn't ride Bob and John bad), but I would prefer it if he were a more consistent jockey.

oracle80
06-12-2006, 09:57 AM
For me, I'm all about consistency... I just don't see him giving CONSISTENT rides. I can't fault him for losing on a horse that just didn't have it (and I agree that he didn't ride Bob and John bad), but I would prefer it if he were a more consistent jockey.

Hey we all would wouldn't we? To me you can never have too many good jocks in a colony. Means for better betting races. WHen you have a guy or two who dominate they suck up all the good mounts and you suffer at the betting windows on prices.
Richi(Rupert here, lol) and I got into it and scuds and I last fall when he was in Scuds favor then. My postition on the guy hasn't changed one iota. Hes the strongest and most agile and daring rider alive. Of this I have no doubt. But hes not consistent or bright on horseback consistently yet.
WHen you watch johhny ride(hes obviously hurting now yet still manages to give smart rides) you will notice he often just stays out of the horses way. He places them where they need to be placed and its obvious that he studies the DRF and knows his rivals and their tendencies and well as the properties of his own horse. Can't tell you how many times I have a big grin and say YES!!! when hes on the 2nd speed and outbreaks his main speed rival and goes to the lead. He doesnt get jammed up inside either, very rarely if ever. He keeps his mounts clear and clearly understands the concepts of momentum and inertia by having his mounts rolling in the clear as they turn for home. They aren't cars and you can't just accelerate on a moments notice. Saving ground is highly overrated. The horse who gets to the line first is what matters, not saving ground. You can have a ton of horse underneath you but if you are down inside without anywhere to run what good is it? Lets say you get clear with an 1/8th remaining, thats not a whole lot of time to accelerate and run down a horse with a length on you who still has run, almost impossible. Don't give up yet, this NY experience with riding against guys who will lock you in will help him, eventually. At some point he will adapt and tinker with his strategy. Until then just keep the rolaids and valium handy.

exquisitequine
06-12-2006, 10:48 AM

How do you know if it was the "ride" that was botched or the "instructions" that were botched? Often times what looks like bad rides are really just gameplans that go awry. A rider has a choice. If he sticks to instructions and loses the public thinks he's an idiot but the trainer still trusts him. If he goes to plan b and forgets what the trainer told him and things dont work out, he wont be getting rides any more. If im a jock, i stick to plan A.

Riders dont win races-horses do(especially pretty ones like rocky!). Is it not acceptable that maybe TMB bounced off of his last win? Is it not acceptable that maybe he didnt like the surface? Is it not acceptable that maybe he was never that good and people bet him off of a freakish performance in the slop which can be misleading? Or is it simply easier to blame the jock?

TMB had his chances. Good horses make their own luck.

And Gomez is still really cute.:)