PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Spot Play

Bogey
10-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Things will be a little slow with all the heavy hitters gearing up for the Breeders' Cup on Nov. 4th., but let's take a look at some SPOT plays for the weekend.

SAT - Keeneland - Race 8

#8 No Tolerance - Winner of the G3 Carey Memorial at HAW in his last looks to steal it again on the front end.

#2 Sampson's Son - He's in good form for the switch back to the lawn. He does have a case of seconditis. 26 starts - 11 2nd place finishes.

#5 Classic Campaign - Mott lures Leparoux off Del Mar Show to ride the 9yr old gelding. He beat some nice horses in his last at the SPA (Willard Straight - Defer).

SAT - Oak Tree @ Santa Anita - Race 9

#5 Runaway Dancer - Hendricks wins at a 25% rate with these types of horses coming off the bench. The only runner in the field with a win on the SA lawn.

#2 Sarafan - 9yr Gelding (earner of over $2.6 Mil) hasn't been seen since Apr, but Drysdale will have him ready. He is 0 for 12 on the SA Turf?

#6 Artiste Royal (Ire) - Nice try when 3rd to The Tin Man and TH Approval in the G1 Clement Hirsch. PVAL rides for DeSeroux. He's the class of the field.

SUNDAY - Woodbine - Race 7 - Candian International G1

#6 METEOR STORM (Ire) - Multiple G1 winner comes in fresh with only one start this year, in which he finished a closing 4th in the G1 Kelso going a mile at BEL. Very consistent and I expect a huge effort. 12-1 ML looks pretty good too.

#2 Kastoria (Ire) - She's won 4 out of her last 5 and will add the Lasix for the first time. Also, she's 3 for 4 at the distance and Mick Kinane comes across the pond for the mount. Lots to like.

Good Racing Luck

bellsbendboy
10-21-2006, 10:24 AM
No Tolerance may win but he is not without some negatives. His last was a handicap and he got in at 115, today he picks up NINE pounds. He likes the front end and today he will have some company, plus the race is on the hedge and it is very tough to go gate to wire in Ky with the rail down. Additionally the course will be soft or yielding and in Ky the courses are crowned and drain inward, something Campbell is probably unaware of.

Classic Campaign has not seen the hedge, sans the unblinkered debacle, in over a year. He is a definite threat, but I think the one to down is Pulpit Talk. 6yo homebred has had six races this year and five of them are fast enough to smoke these. Good cappin. BBB

ArlJim78
10-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I also like Pulpit Talk in this one.

SentToStud
10-21-2006, 01:30 PM
No Tolerance may win but he is not without some negatives. His last was a handicap and he got in at 115, today he picks up NINE pounds. He likes the front end and today he will have some company, plus the race is on the hedge and it is very tough to go gate to wire in Ky with the rail down. Additionally the course will be soft or yielding and in Ky the courses are crowned and drain inward, something Campbell is probably unaware of.

Classic Campaign has not seen the hedge, sans the unblinkered debacle, in over a year. He is a definite threat, but I think the one to down is Pulpit Talk. 6yo homebred has had six races this year and five of them are fast enough to smoke these. Good cappin. BBB

No Tolerance is totin the weary load today and isn't worth playing under 6-1. But Mike Campbell's been around and I'm sure he knows which way a racetrack drains.