PDA

View Full Version : Venue: 1/23 = Sam Houston

swedejxn
01-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Small track, Small Fields, Small Card !!! But 4 are stakes races $50,000 Groovy Stakes
$50,000 Richard King Turf Stakes
$50,000 Spirit of Texas Stakes
$50,000 Star of Texas Stakes

First Post is 6:00 Central...

Good Luck!!! and Have a great weekend!!! and be carefull... especially those impacted on the East Coast by this storm that's cranking up !!

RUFFIAN
01-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Per D R F
First Post Is 6:15 Ct Not 6:00

BET NOW!

Plenilune
01-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Groovy Stakes! I got to meet Groovy at Winstar long ago. His favorite treat...donuts with maple icing! LOL

DonGuido
01-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Groovy Stakes! I got to meet Groovy at Winstar long ago. His favorite treat...donuts with maple icing! LOLNow that is really grooooooooooooooooooooovy!!!!! I must say.

DonGuido
01-22-2016, 08:35 PM
No biggie, but I hate handicapping Sam Houston . . . but then again not like so many others. :eek::eek::D

ryonker1
01-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Didn't JB win one of the contests back when the track had them online? Few years back or so....

Ron

DonGuido
01-22-2016, 08:48 PM
I won a quarter horse contest their one year I think. I do well with quarter horses . . matches my brain power. :rolleyes::D

JolyB
01-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Didn't JB win one of the contests back when the track had them online? Few years back or so....

Ron

I'm amazed that you remember, Ron. SHRP used to have quite a few online contests a dozen or so years ago, and I did fairly well in them. Won one outright and I think picked up a check in a couple of others. As I recall the format, you had to make a pick in 4 races for W, P and S - the issue was always whether to pick the same horse for all three slots, or to pick different ones for each slot and hope to diversify your risks and perhaps catch a price.

The one that I remember most fondly had to do with their quarter horse meet quite a while back. The contest ran for something like 8 weeks, and then each week's winner was invited to SHRP for the finals. My wife won the first week with an amazing total, and she received plane tickets for two, hotel accommodations, a superb buffet dinner at the track, a betting voucher and a chance to win the grand prize. SHRP were excellent hosts. Neither of us knew a thing about quarter horses, but we had a great time. This was at a time when plane travel was much more flexible, so we extended the trip into a vacation in the Texas hill country and San Antonio.

ryonker1
01-23-2016, 02:07 PM
I wish more of the tracks would still do that <sigh>