PDA

View Full Version : Two Year Olds to Watch

Kasept
10-20-2006, 08:46 AM
New thread and a good edition to Trip Notes.. Could provide a record of "who saw whom first"... Claim your colt or filly here!

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY -- Pair of wins at TP and KEE, and both impressive. Will likely show up in a juvy stake next at CD... Pletcher/WinStar.. $1.1 mill under gavel and a half to Bohemian Lady.. Should transcend the artificial surface..

BELGRAVIA -- Mentioned 10/20 by KY Sasquatch off explosive KEE debut 10/19.. Coolmore/Biancone..

bellsbendboy
10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Will be a big number in the Juvenile and has a license to improve. Colt is still green but his move at Kee very powerful. Loves Churchill, bullet work today (day 13) which is traditionally very slow for Nafzger. BBB

kentuckyrosesinmay
10-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Day Pass. Broke his maiden at Belmont on 10/07/2006 in Race 2. He got left at the gate by about two lengths behind the field, circled the field, and won with ease. I also like his stablemate, Media City, who ran second in the race.

Zada Belle (although I can't have dibs on this horse because someone else pointed her out to me). I absolutely love her! She is a future star. She just broke her maiden on October 13, 2006 in Race 4 at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. It was an annihilation! Her maiden was one of the most impressive maidens that I have ever seen.

Tiz Wonderful (everyone already knows about him).

A few Horses that may not be top quality that I am going to follow...

Welcome Inn, an Orientate running at Delware Park. She has been improving and was impressive in her last even though it was in the slop.

Lady Joanne (Orientate)...now this one may actually do something. She was super impressive at Keeneland on 10/11/06 in Race 6 even though she was running on the synthetic surface.

An Orientate colt that hasn't made it to the track yet.

I also haven't given up on Allude quite yet.

P.S. I like Orientate's.

SniperSB23
10-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Anyone seen Sahara Heat work yet? He's one I've been following for a while, should be debuting shortly.

Independent George
10-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Adore The Gold; by Forest Gold out of a Dixieland Band mare.
Started out winning a 50k maiden race by over 10 lengths; went right form there to a 100k stakes at Delaware today and drew off to win by daylight. In only his second start beat ,among others, Kong's Revenge, who was 3rd in the Gr-2 Futurity at Belmont last month.

saucon17
10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Nice Looking two year old named Hard Spun a son of Danzig just crushed
a field of MSW Runners at Delaware Park going 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:04.0
winning by 8 or so lengths being eased up at the 1/16 pole and under an easy
gallop under Mario Pino could have on 15 lengths if asked for run
Settin fractions of 21.8, 45.6, 57.0

Trained by . Larry Jones and owned by Fox Hill Farm

Rupert Pupkin
10-23-2006, 05:07 AM
New thread and a good edition to Trip Notes.. Could provide a record of "who saw whom first"... Claim your colt or filly here!

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY -- Pair of wins at TP and KEE, and both impressive. Will likely show up in a juvy stake next at CD... Pletcher/WinStar.. $1.1 mill under gavel and a half to Bohemian Lady.. Should transcend the artificial surface..

BELGRAVIA -- Mentioned 10/20 by KY Sasquatch off explosive KEE debut 10/19.. Coolmore/Biancone..

Belgravia was one of my favorite colts at the Fasig Tipton Calder sale. He ended up going for $2 million. He is a beautiful chestnut colt by Mr. Greeley and he has a beautiful way of going. He's built like a horse that wants to run long. I don't know if he'll be able to run 1 1/4 miles but I don't think he'll have any problem going 1 1/8 miles. He actually looks a little bit like Greeley's Galaxy.

At this point, Belgravia is in my top 5 prospects for next year.

hoovesupsideyourhead
10-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Belgravia was one of my favorite colts at the Fasig Tipton Calder sale. He ended up going for $2 million. He is a beautiful chestnut colt by Mr. Greeley and he has a beautiful way of going. He's built like a horse that wants to run long. I don't know if he'll be able to run 1 1/4 miles but I don't think he'll have any problem going 1 1/8 miles. He actually looks a little bit like Greeley's Galaxy.

agreed very impessive..id toss her in the juvy race asap..

Rupert Pupkin
10-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Day Pass. Broke his maiden at Belmont on 10/07/2006 in Race 2. He got left at the gate by about two lengths behind the field, circled the field, and won with ease. I also like his stablemate, Media City, who ran second in the race.

Zada Belle (although I can't have dibs on this horse because someone else pointed her out to me). I absolutely love her! She is a future star. She just broke her maiden on October 13, 2006 in Race 4 at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. It was an annihilation! Her maiden was one of the most impressive maidens that I have ever seen.

Tiz Wonderful (everyone already knows about him).

Welcome Inn, an Orientate running at Delware Park. She has been improving and was impressive in her last even though it was in the slop.

Lady Joanne (Orientate)...now this one may actually do something. She was super impressive at Keeneland on 10/11/06 in Race 6 even though she was running on the synthetic surface.

An Orientate colt that hasn't made it to the track yet.

I also haven't given up on Allude quite yet.

P.S. I like Orientate's.

I agree with you about Day Pass as we discussed before. He lost more like 5 lengths at the start. He has a lot of talent. He worked a quarter in :20 3/5 at the Keeneland sale. It was the fastest work of the entire sale.

Rupert Pupkin
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
agreed very impessive..id toss her in the juvy race asap..

I wouldn't be surprised to see them send him to Hollywood for the Prevue and the Futurity. The Hollywood Prevue is on Nov 18 and the Hollywood Futurity is on Dec 16. The timing is right and they know that he likes polytrack.

Rupert Pupkin
10-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Another horse that was extremely impressive was Notional, who made his debut on Saturday at Santa Anita. He looks like a real bargain. J Paul Reddam bought him at the Barrett's March sale for $235,000.

He earned a 105 Beyer on Saturday. That is the highest Beyer number that any 2 year old has run all year.

I really didn't think he'd be able to beat the horse that ran 2nd. The horse that ran 2nd is a horse named Exhale. Exhaled was one of the most impressive horses at the Fasig Tipton Calder sale. To give you an idea of how good he worked at the sale, he sold for $800,000 even though he is by Millenium Wind who only stands for $5,000. Like Notional, Exhale was making his debut this past Saturday.

I'm still pissed at myself for the way I bet the race. I bet $300 to win and place on Exhale and only bet a $20 WP saver on Notional. They ended up running 1-2, but I only bet the exacta one way. Notional went off at 11-1 and the $2 exacta paid $130. I can't believe I didn't reverse the exacta.

SniperSB23
10-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Anyone seen Sahara Heat work yet? He's one I've been following for a while, should be debuting shortly.

Entered in the second at Aqueduct tomorrow. Prado aboard.

The Bid
10-27-2006, 11:04 AM
How bout that Westwon....careful

Rupert Pupkin
11-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I agree with you about Day Pass as we discussed before. He lost more like 5 lengths at the start. He has a lot of talent. He worked a quarter in :20 3/5 at the Keeneland sale. It was the fastest work of the entire sale.

We were right about Day Pass. He won the Nashua Stakes today at Aqueduct by 5 lengths. Unfortunately he got bet down to 2-1 from his 7-2 morning-line.

Cajungator26
11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Not sure if he's been mentioned or not, but I like that Johannesburg colt "Daytona." He was 2nd in the Continental Stakes.

And I'll take Teuflesberg as well... I'm sold on this colt. I like the way he covers the ground...

Rupert Pupkin
11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
We were right about Day Pass. He won the Nashua Stakes today at Aqueduct by 5 lengths. Unfortunately he got bet down to 2-1 from his 7-2 morning-line.

If they would have somehow gotten this horse to the races a month sooner, I think he would have been a legitimate contender in the BC Juvenille.

PSH
11-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Almost missed Day Pass given the recard of the stakes race but caught him and the late DD.
Certainly acts real nice.
Looks like he might run on in distance...
2-1 was a square price.
I can't remember so many talented two year old colts running as this year's crop. THen again my memory ain't what it used to be.

PSH

Rupert Pupkin
11-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Almost missed Day Pass given the recard of the stakes race but caught him and the late DD.
Certainly acts real nice.
Looks like he might run on in distance...
2-1 was a square price.
I can't remember so many talented two year old colts running as this year's crop. THen again my memory ain't what it used to be.

PSH

I couldn't make a big bet at that price. I only bet $100 to win on him. It's tough to take a short price on a horse who has only run 5 1/2 furlongs and is now being asked to stretch out to a mile. If the race would have been this past weekend, I probably wouldn't have bet on him at all because he would have been coming back in only 22 days. They cancelled the races that day, so the race was postponed until today and that gave him 27 days which I am more comfortable with. The only problem was that I wasn't sure if he would be fit to go a mile.

Balletto
11-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Swift Temper will be one of the top Turf fillies in the upcoming year or two. The connections are great people and they are really excited about her. They didnt stop the accolades when I was talking to them.

MarkyD
11-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Hard Spun.

The Bid
11-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Mr Ali Cat, watch out

saucon17
11-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Hard Spun a 2 year old trained by J. Larry Jones and owned by Fox Hill Farm
who broke his maiden with devastating ease a couple of weeks ago at Delaware Park is entered in 54k overnight stakes at Delaware Park
this Tuesday Nov. 11, 2006. This 2 year old could have bright future

8th (3:29)
Port Penn S.
Distance: 6 Furlongs Surface: Dirt Open Age: 2 Year Olds Stakes
Purse $54,000.
Prg.# PP Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Claim $ Equip. Med. ML
1 1 Hard Spun Pino M G Jones J Larry 117 0 FTL-A 6-5
2 2 Cash Rich Rose J Dutrow Anthony W 119 0 L 7-2
3 3 Heart Throbbin' Pino M G Leatherbury King T 119 0 LA 6-1
4 4 Mister Jon Dominguez R A Shuman Mark 119 0 LA 9-2
5 5 Two Punch Jones Elliott S Ritchey Tim F 117 0 LA 8-1
6 6 Tricky's Tick Tock Pino M G Jones J Larry 117 0 LA 8-1

Daily Double (Races 8-9) / Pick 3 (Races 8-9-10) / Exacta / Trifecta

Rupert Pupkin
11-18-2006, 07:01 PM

Hey, the information on this board isn't too bad. LOL.

Ruffian2
11-19-2006, 03:09 AM
Real Estate. Colt by High Yield out of Sassy Pants.

hockey2315
11-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Optimistic Steve (the horse, not Kasept). . . watch his move in the 4th at AQU today. . .

Star of the North
11-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Not sure it has been mentioned but Hollywood Prevue winner Belgravia hails from the same family as Afleet Alex, which may have had some bearing on his $2,000,000 purchase price. Belgravia's second dam Dorothy Gaylord is the third dam of Afleet Alex. The runner up in the Prevue looks like another runner to follow: Dilemma (Grand Slam - Heavenly Cat by Tabasco Cat) was a $650,000 Keeneland November weanling purchase and races in the Glen Hill Farm colors. Dilemma's third dam is the Grade-I winning millionaire Sabin.

DMM

KonaNative
11-29-2006, 02:49 PM
yeah i like tueflesberg too but i can't spell his dam name so from now on it is TB---since people keep coming up to see what i'm working on while i'm at my new home away from home (a bar with free food and internet:D ) my dog-trainer fellow drinker harmonica player would like to know if u know a steeplehorse trainer in wpbeach named john martino---as to fillies, i'll claim zofzig for now

now i'm confused....it's buffy that would know thw steeplechase trainer?????????? been away too longHere are the results from the Show. http://www.nhs.org/news/pressreleases.php?f=jaimeguerramovesinandmovesupwi .html
All the way at the bottom of the page.

Cajungator26
11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Raspberry...

Two year old filly by Monarchos. Just claimed last week at CD.

Rudeboyelvis
11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
NY Bred Filly - American Dream'a

Had a couple of troubled trips her first two starts - got checked first out , then brought back too soon. Broke her maiden going a mile by 7 1/2 3rd time out.. Nominated to the East View on Sunday

Watch this one...

GPK
11-29-2006, 09:04 PM
NY Bred Filly - American Dream'a

Had a couple of troubled trips her first two starts - got checked first out , then brought back too soon. Broke her maiden going a mile by 7 1/2 3rd time out.. Nominated to the East View on Sunday

Watch this one...

I posted about her after her debut...was moving unreal when checked to almost a dead stop. I bet her next out and she ran like sh*t...then she wins in her 3rd start and paid like $13....did I bet her that day?? NOOOOOOO

Rudeboyelvis
11-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Raspberry...

Two year old filly by Monarchos. Just claimed last week at CD.

And may very well be claimed again tomorrow @ AQU - 40k tag

saucon17
11-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Les Grands Trois

Dixie,

Did he run since his smashing debut at Belmont back in the spring?

Rudeboyelvis
11-30-2006, 08:34 AM
I can't find this horse at all. I can't find the original horse that was claimed, and I don't see the one that is entered tomorrow.

Sorry, DaHoss - it was the 2nd race AQU on Wednesday, not Thursday.

2nd race - Aqueduct - November 29, 2006

Off at: 12:57 Race Type: Maiden Claiming
Age Restriction: Two Year Old
Sex Restriction: Fillies
Value of Race: $27,000
Distance: One Mile
Surface Type: Inner track Track Condition: Fast
Winning Time: 1:39.71
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
4 Bare Dancer Ramon A. Dominguez 3.50 2.90 2.10
6 Boxin Bob Abel Castellano, Jr. 5.20 3.40
5 All About Gracie Jose A. Santos 3.40
Also ran: 3 - Raspberry , 1 - Pictou (ARG) , 7 - Elite Status , 2 - Only Joanna
Scratched horses: Il Posto's Bambina , Baby Kiley (ARG)

Rudeboyelvis
11-30-2006, 08:04 PM
I posted about her after her debut...was moving unreal when checked to almost a dead stop. I bet her next out and she ran like sh*t...then she wins in her 3rd start and paid like $13....did I bet her that day?? NOOOOOOO

Well, In the spirit of full disclosure, I've got to tell you that I am very familiar with the horse as I've got a piece of 'er. In fact, My partner and I put her on our "short list" at Ocala last Apr under the advice of G. Contessa and were fortunate enogh to get her. She's a great gal - the type of horse that will run all day and night long if you'd let her.
Her second start was really a learning experience for all of us about her - She came out of the first race remarkably well, she had us all believing she was ready 2 weeks later but clearly needed another week or two -my guess the check took a bit out of her. She looked restless in the paddock but broke well, unfortunately when JC took her to the rail, she got spooked a little after her last episode and then tired a bit. Just not a great trip.
Her last out was the turn of foot that I became accustomed to seeing all summer at the training farm. We'll see Sunday in the East View Stakes if she can keep it going!

If it makes ya feel any better, I cashed enough tickets on her 3rd start to make up for the first 2! lol

GPK
11-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, In the spirit of full disclosure, I've got to tell you that I am very familiar with the horse as I've got a piece of 'er. In fact, My partner and I put her on our "short list" at Ocala last Apr under the advice of G. Contessa and were fortunate enogh to get her. She's a great gal - the type of horse that will run all day and night long if you'd let her.
Her second start was really a learning experience for all of us about her - She came out of the first race remarkably well, she had us all believing she was ready 2 weeks later but clearly needed another week or two -my guess the check took a bit out of her. She looked restless in the paddock but broke well, unfortunately when JC took her to the rail, she got spooked a little after her last episode and then tired a bit. Just not a great trip.
Her last out was the turn of foot that I became accustomed to seeing all summer at the training farm. We'll see Sunday in the East View Stakes if she can keep it going!

If it makes ya feel any better, I cashed enough tickets on her 3rd start to make up for the first 2! lol

Hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. It was more of sharing my misery of spotting something decent that would be a bet back, and then FAIL to bet back at the proper time.

Her turn of foot in her debut was really strong, IMO. That move she made was classic and although I don't think she was getting to the winner that day, she showed some real ability.

Best of luck with her in the future. I still have her on my watch list.

Rudeboyelvis
11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. It was more of sharing my misery of spotting something decent that would be a bet back, and then FAIL to bet back at the proper time.

Not at all, GPK. I had a alot of friends that didn't bet that last race!

Thanks for your support - Good Racing...

Rudeboyelvis
12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
she's in but i'm out-grl rud

Who'd you have?

Obi-Wan
12-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Nice Looking two year old named Hard Spun a son of Danzig just crushed
a field of MSW Runners at Delaware Park going 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:04.0
winning by 8 or so lengths being eased up at the 1/16 pole and under an easy
gallop under Mario Pino could have on 15 lengths if asked for run
Settin fractions of 21.8, 45.6, 57.0

Trained by . Larry Jones and owned by Fox Hill Farm

I believe he is the top 2yr old in the country. He will be in Arkansas after the race at Philadelphia Park.

ManilaRose
12-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Anyone happen to know why Exhale scratched on Sunday December 3rd? Sadler said 2 days prior to the race it was a big race for him and he would be disappointed if Exhale weren't in the Santa Anita Derby in 4 months. Just curious?

KY_Sasquash
12-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Anyone happen to know why Exhale scratched on Sunday December 3rd? Sadler said 2 days prior to the race it was a big race for him and he would be disappointed if Exhale weren't in the Santa Anita Derby in 4 months. Just curious?

Sadler in the DRF that he scratched due to foot problems from training over the cushion track.

*****from the DRF article**********
But Sadler expressed concern that the quick times could be leading to foot problems. He said he scratched Zanzibar from the Underwood and the well-regarded Exhale from a maiden race on Sunday because of foot issues. He said he has been surprised by a few instances of bruised feet.

"I'm seeing feet, and I'm seeing little things," Sadler said. "I still think the track is good, but they've had some issues with maintenance."

http://www.drf.com/news/article/80999.html

ManilaRose
12-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Sadler in the DRF that he scratched due to foot problems from training over the cushion track.

*****from the DRF article**********
But Sadler expressed concern that the quick times could be leading to foot problems. He said he scratched Zanzibar from the Underwood and the well-regarded Exhale from a maiden race on Sunday because of foot issues. He said he has been surprised by a few instances of bruised feet.

"I'm seeing feet, and I'm seeing little things," Sadler said. "I still think the track is good, but they've had some issues with maintenance."

http://www.drf.com/news/article/80999.html

Thanks for the info. I actually was told today from a good source that he had some filling in one of his ankles. Hopefully nothing major, but certainly not good timing. Thanks Again.

MISTERGEE
12-08-2006, 09:32 PM
I Will Take This Sleeper As My Current 2 Year Old Horse Of The Future.-----------steelix-------------saw Him At The Obs Sale In June, Super Impressive. Dropped The Jock First Time Out But Led A Good Field Home By About 20 Lengths. Put Him On The Horse To Watch Thread Here Before He Came Back To Toy With The Field Breaking His Maiden In A Big Way. He Runs Again This Sunday So I Am Gonna Grab Him Now Before The Secret Is Out I Hope. Good Luck All.

hailrazer
12-09-2006, 12:52 PM
which race where? i will put him in my stable now but probably too late for a notice

Calder, Race 9

MISTERGEE
12-11-2006, 09:16 AM
i knew i'mawildandcrazyguy was good but not 10 lengths good---hmmm i'll take him
DAMN TO WIN BY 10 HE MUST BE SPECIAL. I THINK YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT CHOICE THERE!

ManilaRose
12-31-2006, 01:58 AM
After a nice debut Exhale is back in training for Sadler. A bit behind schedule but very talented and certainly one to watch for in the next month or so.

Star of the North
01-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Time Squared made a strong impression in his first appearance -- $1,050,000 Fusaichi Pegasus colt who finished second in his first outing at Santa Anita on Saturday. (Race 5, Santa Anita 12-30-2006) Settled behind a moderate pace going 1-1/16 miles, switched out in upper stretch and produced sustained response to finish second, beaten a neck. Biancone trains. Leparoux rides. Produced from a stakes-winning full sister to Stephen Got Even.

DMM

Kasept
01-03-2007, 08:33 AM

Hats off to 'KRIM' for spotting this filly in October.. She upset Trombetta's nice one (Spectacular Malibu, 2-5) in the MD Filly Championship at Laurel the other day...

kentuckyrosesinmay
01-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Hats off to 'KRIM' for spotting this filly in October.. She upset Trombetta's nice one (Spectacular Malibu, 2-5) in the MD Filly Championship at Laurel the other day...

Thanks. That was a good, close race. She showed some grit in this one and is turning out to be an extremely useful horse. I love my Orientates!

The Bid
01-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Westwon back on the worktab today at Oaklawn. Looks pretty strong.

hockey2315
01-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I Will Take This Sleeper As My Current 2 Year Old Horse Of The Future.-----------steelix-------------saw Him At The Obs Sale In June, Super Impressive. Dropped The Jock First Time Out But Led A Good Field Home By About 20 Lengths. Put Him On The Horse To Watch Thread Here Before He Came Back To Toy With The Field Breaking His Maiden In A Big Way. He Runs Again This Sunday So I Am Gonna Grab Him Now Before The Secret Is Out I Hope. Good Luck All.

Entered again today at Tampa Bay Downs in Race 10. . . Haven't capped the race so I don't know his chances but I doubt you'll get the 5-1 ml on him

kentuckyrosesinmay
01-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Westwon back on the worktab today at Oaklawn. Looks pretty strong.

I like that horse. Another horse that I like that hasn't had a lot of mention is Todd Pletcher's colt Ravel. That is going to be a nice one.

ManilaRose
01-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Exhale

Date: January 9, 2007
Track: Hollywood Park
Distance: Six Furlongs
Time: 1.11:00
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: All Weather Track

Getting ready to make noise in Cali

hockey2315
02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Optimistic Steve (the horse, not Kasept). . . watch his move in the 4th at AQU today. . .

Went from last to first to beat highly regarded Marchfield yesterday at GP. . .

MISTERGEE
05-07-2007, 03:55 PM
i knew i'mawildandcrazyguy was good but not 10 lengths good---hmmm i'll take him
now thats what i call a sleeper pick

Hickory Hill Hoff
05-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Ha ha. I hear carl Nafzger has a pretty good one named Street Sense, Capt. Obvious.

"Capt.Obvious" or not...good call DaHoss! :)

S.S. through the training of Mr.Nafzger and the ride of Mr.Borel
WAS the BEST of his generation the "First Saturday in May."

on to the Preakness!!!

Scav
05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
considering this was from way back not bad

A GREAT call Mera from Saucon...a great call

saucon17
05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
A GREAT call Mera from Saucon...a great call

Thanks Mera and Scav. I was as at Delaware the day he broke his maiden and also was there the day Afleet Alex won his maiden in his first start which was impressive. I was more impressed with HS then AA. The funniest thing was HS was 8/1 on the morning line, but he opened up at 2/5. He went off at 7/5 only because they were also betting a well bred/high priced Darley firster who went off at about 2/1 if I remember, an didn't run a step. Hopefully this year we will see another nice 2yo come out of Delaware Park.

saucon17
06-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Hammy Smith looks like he has a decent looking 2yo filly by Came Home out of a Dixieland Band mare named My Mammy. She won under a motionless Ramon Dominguez in the stretch. She ran 4 1/2 furlongs in 51.95, which was .15 hundreds off the track record in the slop.

http://www.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesIndexAction.do?TRK=DEL&CTY=USA&DATE=20070611&RN=1

Rupert Pupkin
06-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Hammy Smith looks like he has a decent looking 2yo filly by Came Home out of a Dixieland Band mare named My Mammy. She won under a motionless Ramon Dominguez in the stretch. She ran 4 1/2 furlongs in 51.95, which was .15 hundreds off the track record in the slop.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...061107USA1.pdf

Yes, that filly was very impressive. She's actually a half-sister to Bandini.

Cajungator26
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
There was one that I saw at the last OBS that I really liked. I don't think he's started yet, but his name is Silver Rapids. He's another nice looking Mizzen Mast colt.

And I can't forget the tiny Johannesburg colt that only went for 20k... he was really small, but his half sister is the dam of Carnack's Choice.

Cajungator26
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Rupert,

Are you going to the sale next week in Ocala? I doubt I'll make it, but I think I'll head up there to watch them under tack this weekend (probably Sunday.) There are a couple of them that I want to see.

TenMostWanted
06-12-2007, 02:16 PM
i don't know if she was mentioned already - if she was, sorry -

got bling, 1/2 sister to too much bling, raced at churchill a few weeks ago. threw the jock off at the gate, got up for 2nd [i'm pretty sure.. 2nd or 3rd.. can't remember! one of those days]

Cajungator26
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Another one to watch:

Loving Vindication (by Vindication.) Finished 2nd as the favorite in the 3rd race at Belmont today.

Indian Charlie
07-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Another one to watch:

Loving Vindication (by Vindication.) Finished 2nd as the favorite in the 3rd race at Belmont today.

yeah, i liked his performance alot too.

btw cajun, are you in the tvg contest? i was looking at the leader board and there is someone with a name similiar to yours a few points behind sal and a few points ahead of me.

Cajungator26
07-02-2007, 08:58 AM
yeah, i liked his performance alot too.

btw cajun, are you in the tvg contest? i was looking at the leader board and there is someone with a name similiar to yours a few points behind sal and a few points ahead of me.

Nope, I'm definitely not in that contest... if I was, I would be too far back to see. :D

docicu3
07-02-2007, 02:51 PM
You want to see a nice 2 year old watch the My Dear 125K at Woodbine(race 6) that just finished. #1 DANCING ALLSTAR was very impressive.......breeding didn't wow me but I'll bet the Mensa types like "Cajun" will tell me why this one was
so far gone.....must have won by a dozen........

Cajungator26
07-02-2007, 03:22 PM
You want to see a nice 2 year old watch the My Dear 125K at Woodbine(race 6) that just finished. #1 DANCING ALLSTAR was very impressive.......breeding didn't wow me but I'll bet the Mensa types like "Cajun" will tell me why this one was
so far gone.....must have won by a dozen........

I don't know that much about peds (like to research them, though), but it sounds like Terry Jordan really likes this filly:

One of the horses Jordan and Williams are looking forward to seeing run at Woodbine is Dancing Allstar. A 2-year-old filly by Millennium Allstar, Dancing Allstar was a very impressive winner of a 3 1/2-furlong maiden special weight race at Hastings May 6. She is scheduled to run in the $125,000 My Dear Stakes on July 2.

Williams was very pleased with her five-furlong work in 1:01 with Todd Kabel aboard Friday morning.

"I told Todd to go as slow as he could, because she did a little too much in her previous work," said Williams. "He had a pretty good hold of her, and he was very happy with the work. He really likes her."

docicu3
07-02-2007, 11:37 PM
From watching the replays this one hasn't been tested yet in a meaningful way and we might want to tuck this little nugget away come Jersey in November......if you haven't seen this race it is jaw dropping how easily this filly completely eliminated this field.

Cajun how did you get that stuff you posted simple bloodhorse google or do you
use something else?

By the way the Filly set a track record for 5F in 57.53 seconds by 0.17 hundreds of a second......I swear to G-D that Dancing Allstar broke horribly from the gate before whipping off 5 sub 11.5 second Furlongs

Cajungator26
07-03-2007, 10:11 AM
From watching the replays this one hasn't been tested yet in a meaningful way and we might want to tuck this little nugget away come Jersey in November......if you haven't seen this race it is jaw dropping how easily this filly completely eliminated this field.

Cajun how did you get that stuff you posted simple bloodhorse google or do you
use something else?

By the way the Filly set a track record for 5F in 57.53 seconds by 0.17 hundreds of a second......I swear to G-D that Dancing Allstar broke horribly from the gate before whipping off 5 sub 11.5 second Furlongs

I try and read the DRF online and I remembered that article from a couple of weeks ago because it talked about True Metropolitan too...

Here's the whole article (you'll have to login, though.)

http://www.drf.com/news/article/86052.html

docicu3
07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Not to burst the bubble here and the filly was impressive yesterday, but come on, she beat no one in a stake at Woodbine in June on the poly. It was a field laden with Ontario breds, Illinois breds and an Asmussen second stringer who never looked interested in running but managed second.

"Hoss" how many Equine Farrari's anytime any place run better times than 57.5 seconds for 5 panels on dirt/poly/cushion/turf/cement or any other surface at any age this year???? I could be wrong here but when you break poorly and still put that kinda time on the board I don't care if your running against deceased competition that's pretty f---ing fast!!!

Might wanna remember this horses name!!!

docicu3
07-03-2007, 02:43 PM
At Belmont last week from Friday to Sunday, there were four 2 year olds that ran faster than 57.5 for 5 furlongs. Now two of the races were at 5 1/2 furlongs, but they still ran faster than you said. Also, I realize that comparing times from two different surfaces, especially a poly and a dirt is useless, but you asked.

Not to mention that not all distances measure the same between tracks as well...(great discussion about this in Crushing The Cup 06 from Mazur and friends from Progressive Handicapping )....but yeah Belmont dirt is probably faster than Woodbine Poly but not as fast as Califonia dirt at SA etc etc etc

By the way the favorite in this race was a Steve A. filly Sky Mom who went off at 0.45 on a dollar, and brought decent wins from Ky. this past spring.....so not exactly nothing in a sizeable field as I am sure you know .......if you line up in a decent stake at a quality track you can't blame the horse for toasting the field. If this filly can do this or more there is money to be made on this one....

Cajungator26
07-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Palanka City - 2 year old filly.

Sightseek
07-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Palanka City - 2 year old filly.

Cajun - take a look at Fed Watcher, broke his maiden with a 98, but he is very unusual looking:

http://www.finalturngallery.com/g2/v/b4thebelmont/SuburbanDay/fedwatcher.jpg.html

http://www.finalturngallery.com/g2/v/b4thebelmont/SuburbanDay/fedwatcherwinsclose.jpg.html

http://www.finalturngallery.com/g2/v/NY-Racing-Photos/Belmont_002/fedwatchercr.jpg.html

Danzig
07-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Cajun - take a look at Fed Watcher, broke his maiden with a 98, but he is very unusual looking:

http://www.finalturngallery.com/g2/v/b4thebelmont/SuburbanDay/fedwatcher.jpg.html

http://www.finalturngallery.com/g2/v/b4thebelmont/SuburbanDay/fedwatcherwinsclose.jpg.html

http://www.finalturngallery.com/g2/v/NY-Racing-Photos/Belmont_002/fedwatchercr.jpg.html

nice pics, very eye-catching!

Indian Charlie
07-04-2007, 02:28 PM
two interesting 2yos i've noticed are imaginary sailor, from nocal, and motovato, who was proud citizens first winner, at delaware. he goes in the bashford manor.

Cajungator26
07-08-2007, 10:59 AM

Wow... talk about some chrome! Thanks for posting these... he's gorgeous!

Unstable
07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Take a look at Fed Watcher, broke his maiden with a 98, but he is very unusual looking:

Wow! I've never seen a horse at the track with these markings. Simply amazing.

ALostTexan
07-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Wow! I've never seen a horse at the track with these markings. Simply amazing.

He is pretty bizarre looking. Broke it with a 98, though, so looks even more interesting on paper...

Sightseek
08-17-2007, 11:16 AM
More Than Ready's half sister, More Than Fair, by Mineshaft enters the gate in Arlington's 5th under Rene Douglas today.

Sightseek
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Unfortunately Subtle Aly is out for the year.

MISTERGEE
09-27-2007, 11:57 PM
on the comeack trail he won today at crc, obviously not as good as i once thought, injuries most likely have held him out for months. but i believe he will do some nice things at crc in the future