PDA

View Full Version : Venue September 26th

Real Quiet
09-21-2015, 04:02 PM
My first thought after winning the points contest
was Belmont with 5 graded stake races. Then I saw Santa Anita has 5 Grade 1's. Any possibility
of going 5 and 5 next week if all the races go? 7 of the races are listed as Breeders Cup prep races.
Please leave feedback on next weeks venue. See you next week at the post.
If splitting it up seems like a problem I would have to give the nod to Santa Anita.

JolyB
09-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Both the Belmont and SA Grade 1's should have major BC implications and be great races in their own rights. I love the notion of having 5 and 5. The only difficulty in using tracks that are three time zones apart is that there is no way of learning the SA scratches by the first post at Belmont. While that is not a huge issue, I kind of like being able to alter my picks of, say, the pace projection has been altered by a key scratch.

I would offer a possible solution for our small group, even though it might be a bit flaky. What would be the reaction to having two separate threads for posts, or two separate posts on the same thread? The Belmont races would use one thread and have a deadline of first post for the first Belmont race. The SA races would use a separate thread (or a separate post on the same thread) and have as their deadline the post time for the first SA race.

DonGuido
09-21-2015, 04:56 PM
To make it easy-errrrrrr for my senior brain and others who are younger and getting a senior brain and for Plenilune who's scoring, I'll put up to separate threads and post times for each as JB suggested. Plen, I hope this doesn't add that much extra work for you. If so, give us your thoughts.

I like the all stakes card . . . good warm up for BC Days. After PARX I need a "confidence re-builder", maybe!? And Plen; you are free to email me or PM me and call me all kinds of ugly names.

Luv all you guys and gals,
DG

Plenilune
09-21-2015, 10:33 PM
Well, ya know...I'm up for anything (as long is there is no pain and it's legal, lol).

I have no problem with going five and five and having two different threads. It's similar to when we have done all graded stakes from various tracks/time zones, although we never had different threads per post times. No biggie to me.

I just go with the flow. :)

JolyB
09-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Well, ya know...I'm up for anything (as long is there is no pain and it's legal, lol).

I have no problem with going five and five and having two different threads. It's similar to when we have done all graded stakes from various tracks/time zones, although we never had different threads per post times. No biggie to me.

I just go with the flow. :)

And that's just one of the many things we love about you.:)