PDA

View Full Version : ROI Results 7/25 @ Saratoga

Real Quiet
07-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Saratoga followed Indiana Grand as another brutal card to wager on. At least this week at the Spa
two players found a winner and cashed in their points. It was a nose bob of a finish as Plenilune
gets the win over Cruzan by a scant buck. Plenilune played Dowse's Beach in the 6th for $50 and
the $5.80 payout returned $145. Cruzan had Hard Not To Like in the 10th and got a double digit
payoff worth $144 and a "just missed". The worst beat goes to Criminal Type who played Magna
Light at 13-1 in race 9 and saw him win wire to wire and then get taken down to 3rd. Congrats to
Plenilune on the win and a big thank you for her scoring. Saturday she scored and scored.
Following are the unofficial results pending any objections. Let me know if I missed anything. See
you next week wherever the Don takes us. Almost Heaven, West Virginia?

WIN... Plenilune... +$45.00... r6 $50 W #8 $5.80 X 25... $145.00

PLACE... Cruzan... +$44.00 ... R10. Hard Not To Like $20 Win $14.40 X 10... $144.00

Swedejxn -$96.00
Joly B -$99.00
Arletta -$99.00
Ruffian -$100.00
Criminal Type -$100.00
Don Guido -$100.00
Ryonker -$100.00
NJ Stinks -$100.00
Real Quiet -$100.00
Indian Hemp DQ

CRIMINAL TYPE
07-27-2015, 04:53 PM
The worst beat goes to Criminal Type who played Magna Light at 13-1
in race 9 and saw him win wire to wire and then get taken down to 3rd.

Hey RQ -
I see you noticed that travesty of "Justice" :mad:

Did you also notice the dude at the end of the bar
drowning his sorrows in Scotch! :eek:

At least it wasnt real moolah! :$: that I lost

JolyB
07-27-2015, 07:39 PM
The worst beat goes to Criminal Type who played Magna Light at 13-1
in race 9 and saw him win wire to wire and then get taken down to 3rd.

Hey RQ -
I see you noticed that travesty of "Justice" :mad:

Did you also notice the dude at the end of the bar
drowning his sorrows in Scotch! :eek:

At least it wasnt real moolah! :$: that I lost

I feel your pain, CT. That was one of two VERY questionable DQ's by the NYRA stewards this weekend, each of them affecting major stakes races. I don't know which one was worse - the DQ of Magna Light, who definitely veered off course but didn't appear to cause anyone to check or alter course, or the DQ of I'm A Chatterbox, who did "shepherd" Curalina but I didn't think enough to affect the outcome of the race. Amazingly, in each case a Pletcher/Johnny V runner was elevated to a graded stakes win.

What surprises me is that for most of the year at AQ and BEL, the stewards have been applying a "let 'em ride" standard and allowing incidental stuff to stand. Suddenly at two major stakes races at the Spa, they have started to apply a different standard. I can't say that it's incorrect, just that it is inconsistent with what I have been seeing them do all year long.

cruzan200246
07-28-2015, 01:30 PM
WOW!!!!! One buck. LOL

RUFFIAN
07-28-2015, 02:00 PM
That was one of two VERY questionable DQ's by the NYRA stewards this weekend, each the DQ of I'm A Chatterbox, who did "shepherd" Curalina but I didn't think enough to affect the outcome of the race.

====> Amazingly, in each case a Pletcher/Johnny V runner was elevated to a graded stakes win.

===========================================

BOTH DQ UPSET ME
BUT THE FIRST THING I NOTICED IN BOTH ---
WAS THE JRV / PLETCHER COMBO BEING PUT UP IN THE DQ

AM I JUST CYNICAL & JADED WHEN I ENTERTAIN THE IDEA THAT THERE IS
MORE THAN VALID REASONS FOR EACH DQ! :mad: