PDA

View Full Version : Add your thoughts of yesterday,poetic or not, to the points picks thread

DonGuido
06-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Many have all ready done it so lets keep it going and I'll archive it for sure . . . even if you sucked like I did on your picks. Who cares.

JolyB
06-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Of course we were celebrating AP's win after so long a wait. But I hope that Honor Code's performance in the Met Mile doesn't get overlooked; I thought that was the performance of the day. The Met drew one of the strongest fields in memory, including a former Belmont Stakes winner, a BC Classic winner, a former winner of the Wood and a 2 time winner of the Vosburgh. The pace was more appropriate for a sprint, not a mile, and Honor Code had to have been at least 15 lengths back (I had called it different area code, but may have been overstating the case) when he started his run. I'd love to look at a chart that could tell me what his internal fractions were, for his last half mile was visually jaw dropping.

DonGuido
06-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Of course we were celebrating AP's win after so long a wait. But I hope that Honor Code's performance in the Met Mile doesn't get overlooked; I thought that was the performance of the day. The Met drew one of the strongest fields in memory, including a former Belmont Stakes winner, a BC Classic winner, a former winner of the Wood and a 2 time winner of the Vosburgh. The pace was more appropriate for a sprint, not a mile, and Honor Code had to have been at least 15 lengths back (I had called it different area code, but may have been overstating the case) when he started his run. I'd love to look at a chart that could tell me what his internal fractions were, for his last half mile was visually jaw dropping.
Fractions 22.4 44.92 1:08.74
Splits 22.50 23.82 24.44

And it was jaw dropping!!!

RUFFIAN
06-07-2015, 12:32 PM
:tro: AMERICAN PHAROAH :tro:

O YES HE CAN ... AND YES HE DID
AFTER 37 YEARS OF DROUGHT
AND WHEN IT ALL WAS OVER
THE WHOLE WORLD THEN FOUND OUT

THE TRIPLE CROWN IS HIS NOW
HE DID IT GATE TO WIRE
AND WHEN THEY TRIED TO CATCH HIM
HE JUST REFUSED TO TIRE!

HE CAME -- HE RAN -- HE CONQUERED
WHAT A GLORIOUS SIGHT TO SEE
AND WHEN HIS RACE WAS RUN
HE WAS ALL A HORSE SHOULD BE!

Plenilune
06-07-2015, 02:55 PM

I was really excited for the Met knowing it would be a huge race but wow, it was huge in such a different way than I anticipated. Honor Code, just WOW.

I was on the phone with my daughter watching the Belmont together. By the end of the race we were both bawling like babies we were so overcome with joy! I was most excited that she finally got to see a Triple Crown winner. So many times we came close and she was ready to be let down again. I told her no, not this time just let them run and you'll see! It was AMAZING! I'm so happy for her!