PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 2015 . . . reminders and perhaps more

DonGuido
05-31-2015, 12:13 AM
Get ready my friends as this will be crammed with anticipation, angst, wonder, hope and prayer and dreams. Maybe, just maybe . . . the long wait will be over and we can close the door for awhile and relax a little every spring.

Anybody have any good ideas for a special challenge or two . . . like maybe guessing how many lengths the winner wins by ? . . . you notice I didn't use any names.:)

Considerations will be given to all realistic ideas. :$::tro:;)

DonGuido
06-01-2015, 09:32 PM
To make it worthy of the potentially momentous day, we'll add two bonus awards for the Belmont:

1. So let's say we award 10 bonus points to the person that picks the winner of the Belmont and guesses the closest winning margin. You don't get anything for picking the winner unless you hit the winning margin or are the closest.

You can add this bonus selection (winner and margin of victory) after your standard Points Picks. Easy-schmeezy!

2. And 5 more bonus points for those who pick the straight exacta and 10 more bonus points for those who pick the straight trifecta. I'll take those off your standard Belmont picks. No extra picks/info needed.

That could get you a total of 15 points for straight tri plus possible another 10 for #1 above.

Hey, we could also be witnessing history too . . . I said "could". ;):)

DonGuido
06-02-2015, 09:15 PM
So I guess I'm the only one with "realistic" ideas . . . there's still time. Really!!!:)

RUFFIAN
06-04-2015, 12:02 PM
I STILL LIKE WHAT WE USED TO DO

WHO IS LAST & BY HOW MANY LENGTHS :mad: :eek: :(

DonGuido
06-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Yes but with an 8 horse field it's to easy and maybe only 5 or 6 out of the 8 could finish last. In the Derby at least 15 out of the 20 you could say would finish last. Sorry not for the Belmont this year.