PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Downs/Opening weekend

GPK
06-10-2006, 06:33 AM
My favorite track in the world opens their 2006 summer meet next Friday the 16th. I am about 90% positive I am gonna be there on Sat. the 17th. Anyone that wants to meet up there, that would be great. Feel free to email me or send me a private message through here and we can cordinate.

I am so geeked up about this meet:eek: :eek: :eek:

GPK
06-10-2006, 06:56 AM
I prefer to spend my day up on the 3rd floor at the Jockey Club. IMO its worth the extra few bucks to get up there.

ddthetide
06-15-2006, 10:36 AM
we have tickets for the virginia derby, it will be our first time to colonial downs. any suggestions?

GPK
06-15-2006, 10:58 AM
we have tickets for the virginia derby, it will be our first time to colonial downs. any suggestions?

You gonna be in the general grandstand or do you know?

ddthetide
06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
we have box seats but i don't know where. we are to pick up the tickets when we get there. we are coming in friday before, i might stop and pick them up then.

GPK
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
If you are outside...dress cool. It will be hotter than 40 hells and that is before the humidity.

It is a very easy clubhouse to get around. Again, I enjoy the jockey club on the 3rd floor. I think they charge $60 a person for the Jockey Suite that day. Well worth it IMO. Rains alot in the afternoons there. It rained last year right before the Derby. It was comforting sitting inside while others were getting wet and then suffering in the humidity after the rains left. But I am all about comfort when I am trying to handicap races.

ddthetide
06-15-2006, 03:58 PM
thanks for the help.
we've been in williamsburg for july 4th, so we know about the heat.
i asked for tickets to be undercover out of the sun and possible rain. they've asured me the tickets were, we'll see.

GPK
06-15-2006, 04:00 PM
thanks for the help.
we've been in williamsburg for july 4th, so we know about the heat.
i asked for tickets to be undercover out of the sun and possible rain. they've asured me the tickets were, we'll see.

Good luck....wish I could say that I was gonna be there for Derby Day, but it's not looking good at all.
I will be there quite a bit though this year.