PDA

View Full Version : Derby Week Begins . . . Reminders of Contest Pluses

DonGuido
04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Reminders to follow with an extra thing to two added . . . just because . . . I luvs yas. Stay tuned. :D:D:D

DonGuido
04-26-2015, 11:12 PM
So here's the first one. Because of Plenilune's kind offer to donate two Kentucky Derby glasses, the winner of the Points contest will receive one as a prize and the player that picks the last place horse will also win one. As a tie breaker for the last place horse pick, you must guess the number of lengths the last place horse loses by also.

I will note this little contest within a contest in the Points Thread for Derby Day. Exciting time of the year for sure.

BTW - Plen will provide the details as to how to receive them.

Thanks Plenilune, thank you very much!!! :)

DonGuido
04-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Reminder and more:

This week for the Derby we all have a $200 bank roll but you are still limited to the wagers in 4 races. Also Points and ROI contests points getters will get double the points for their 4 spots. And a couple more incentives for a contest within a contest to come.

It's an exciting time and American Pharoah looks like the ONE. But we'll see about that won't we. Ya just never know?!
Thanks for being who you are,
DG

DonGuido
04-28-2015, 08:52 PM
And we add another nice-ety. Pleniune has graciously offered her Derby glasses for a prize on this Derby Day, so the winner of the Points Contest and the winner of the ROI for the Derby card will each win a Plenilune Derby glass.

I'm sure if you send her you address and $30 for shipping and handling you will have one in your grasps by Halloween. :D:eek::D OK OK, I'm kidding . . . about Halloween. You win you get with Plenilune and I'm sure she'll take you errrr I mean take care of you!!!

DonGuido
04-28-2015, 08:52 PM
And we add another nice-ety. Pleniune has graciously offered her Derby glasses for a prize on this Derby Day, so the winner of the Points Contest and the winner of the ROI for the Derby card will each win a Plenilune Derby glass.

I'm sure if you send her you address and $30 for shipping and handling you will have one in your grasps by Halloween. :D:eek::D OK OK, I'm kidding . . . about Halloween. You win, you get with Plenilune and I'm sure she'll take you errrr I mean take care of you!!! I'm out of this dealy now, unless I win of course.

And a couple more to follow after this. And who's keeping track of all this brew hah hah . . . ME??? I know someone here who will remind me if I forget . . . and I rely on that double check believe me. :)

DonGuido
04-30-2015, 08:25 PM
One last bonus for me to keep track of for you to add to your points and ROI totals:

1. The person(s) who can pick the straight trifecta in the Derby will get an extra 10 bonus points, and
2. If you can pick the straight superfecta you get an extra 20 bonus points.

So enough of all the frills and thrills but it is a one of a kind racing day!!! Have fun and truly enjoy!

RUFFIAN
05-01-2015, 12:32 AM
WILL THERE BE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THE TRIFECTA GUESSES
OR DO WE INCLUDE IN OUR POINTS OR ROI POST

WHERE DO WE NAME OUR LAST PLACE GUESS

INQUIRING FELINES NEED TO KNOW! :confused: :zz: :eek:

Arletta
05-01-2015, 05:33 AM

INQUIRING FELINES NEED TO KNOW! :confused: :zz: :eek:

I believe it's just included in our picks.. How we put them down for race 11.

No special thread for the tri guesses.

DonGuido
05-01-2015, 09:54 AM

INQUIRING FELINES NEED TO KNOW! :confused: :zz: :eek:Ruffian: There is no last place horse contest. The winners of ROI and Points will get a glass from Plenilune.

Put your trifecta and superfecta Derby picks on the bottom of your regular points picks. If not I will assume your picks for the points contest are it.

RUFFIAN
05-01-2015, 10:08 AM
DON
FROM YOUR POST

==> the player that picks the last place horse will also win one.
As a tie breaker for the last place horse pick, you must guess the number of lengths the last place horse loses by also.
============================

MY QUESTION REFERRED TO THIS POST

WHERE DO WE STATE OUR LAST HORSE NAME & # LENGTHS AT?
DO WE PUT THAT AT BOTTOM OF OUR POINTS ENTRY POST?

JolyB
05-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Ruffian,

I think that Don has tried very hard to tell us that after further reflection "there is no last place horse contest".

There are only two glasses as prizes and they will be awarded to the winners of the points and ROI contests.

Good luck with your picks and enjoy a couple of (long) days of great racing.

RUFFIAN
05-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Joly
Not Asking About Prize Or Separate Contest

In Past Years We Had Posted Who We Thought Was Last
So Based On His Other Post And Past Years...
I Just Thought We Still Did That

Also Thought We Had Put It At Bottom Of Points Pix

So Based On Your Comment Now....
We Are Not Naming Our Last Place Horse At All? Right?

Always Thought Naming Last Was A Lot Of Fun To Do
Interesting To See How Different Players Think!

JolyB
05-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Joly

So Based On Your Comment Now....
We Are Not Naming Our Last Place Horse At All? Right?

Right.

To quote Don's post earlier on this thread: "Ruffian: There is no last place horse contest."

Let's go and enjoy the rest of Oaks Day.

Arletta
05-01-2015, 11:32 AM
:)

DonGuido
05-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Right.

To quote Don's post earlier on this thread: "Ruffian: There is no last place horse contest."

Let's go and enjoy the rest of Oaks Day.Yes . . . and we need to draw the line on FUN somewhere!? ;):):(