PDA

View Full Version : We are playing Gulfstream . . . Right?

DonGuido
03-07-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm sure I pulled up the Gulfstream card and handicapped it, if not I'm hanging up my horse shoes and taking a long nappy!!! Uhhhh, please tell me we played the Gulfstream card!!! It's just a temporary mind F*RT, THATS ALL. :zz::eek::o

ElPrado
03-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Santa Anita, my friend. :D
I'm the one on the mind bending drugs, not you. Mine are legal,;) anyway.

Arletta
03-07-2015, 10:08 PM
I'm sure I pulled up the Gulfstream card and handicapped it, if not I'm hanging up my horse shoes and taking a long nappy!!! Uhhhh, please tell me we played the Gulfstream card!!! It's just a temporary mind F*RT, THATS ALL. :zz::eek::o

We played Santa Anita today :zz:

DonGuido
03-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Well looking back at the PP's it says Santa Anita but it had to be Gulfstream in my mind . . . I mean I didn't hit Jack Shoot but hey it happens. I could have played the Gulfstream card and did just a good?!?:wf Uncle!!! I'm going to check one more time.

Then again it may be time for a freshening before the push to the TC.

GotaDunQH
03-08-2015, 07:58 AM
That's ok...I played Tampa Bay....lol. What a dope!

JolyB
03-08-2015, 10:17 AM
This thread has the promise of becoming a classic.

After reading all of the responses, I began to wonder whether on some quiet week we could all try putting in our points picks without knowing what track was the contest venue. Then, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, we could try to ask Forego to come out of retirement and designate our contest track, probably an obscure country fair.:p

I sort of recall a player (who must of course remain nameless) complaining about having handicapped the wrong track and then winning or at least almost winning the points contest.

Don, you must tell me your favorite brand; it's undoubtedly worth a try. I'm reminded about a comment attributed to President Lincoln when told that General Grant drank, "If I knew what brand he used, I'd send every general a barrel."

ElPrado
03-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Hey, I remember that one, too. Some female. It was not me. I was back gnashing my teeth in the back of the pack that day.

DonGuido
03-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Well is case you haven't figured out my sarcasm, I did handicap Santa Anita but, but, but maybe it was today's card. Just kidding. I sucked so badly yesterday I'm trying to convince myself I had to pull up the wrong card. And we all know Gulfstream is our favorite track lately. :D Just one of those daze.:zz:

GotaDunQH
03-08-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm going to have to go and see where my Tampa picks ended up on the Santa Anita card....LOL.

Plenilune
03-08-2015, 02:26 PM
I'm going to have to go and see where my Tampa picks ended up on the Santa Anita card....LOL.

I've got a little dilemma here now as you listed a total of 13 races when there is an actual total of 12 that we played.

DonGuido
03-08-2015, 02:41 PM
I've got a little dilemma here now as you listed a total of 13 races when there is an actual total of 12 that we played.I sent you a PM as to what is best to do. I also sent a PM to GDQH explaining it.

ryonker1
03-13-2015, 08:06 AM
All-

I go out of the country on business for two weekends/don't play, and I come back to find-

You went snorkeling in Gulfstream on one weekend-
and then
Some of you follow it up with "Improvisation of Track choices" on the next :)

I will make sure I play this weekend and restore order and harmony to the universe, even if I fail miserably at the handicapping part. :D

Ron

Real Quiet
03-13-2015, 08:25 AM
Note to Don. Call off the search dogs. RYonker has surfaced!

DonGuido
03-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Note to Don. Call off the search dogs. RYonker has surfaced!"From de' blak hole???"