PDA

View Full Version : Venue for February 21 - Gulfstream Park

JolyB
02-17-2015, 09:57 AM
It's always a pleasure when there is more than one good choice for our contest venue. This Saturday both Gulfstream Park and the Fair Grounds provide excellent alternatives. Both have feature races that are stepping stones on the road to the Derby and both have numerous stakes races on the undercard that should be interesting and competitive.

After weighing the alternatives, I've decided that we will visit Gulfstream Park. Its card will feature the Fountain of Youth (at my age that is something well worth seeking) that has a rematch of the top two finishers in the Holy Bull, namely Upstart and Frosted, as well as the stakes debut of the highly regarded Itsaknockout.

The undercard has a string of stakes races, including the Davona Dale, the Mac Diarmida, the Rampart and the Very One. Should be an exciting and full day of racing. Wish I were there. First post will be at 12:30 Eastern.

As an aside, I did consider including as a simo the Risen Star from the Fair Grounds, but decided against it. The full card from Gulfstream has 12 races, and it wouldn't be fair to subject our hard working scorers to any more than that.

Entries are already out, so it's time to start your analysis. Good luck to all.