PDA

View Full Version : Starting a New Handicapping Year . . . looking back and going forward

DonGuido
11-05-2014, 08:13 PM
First off, we are very grateful to have been accepted into our new forum home. Many people had a lot to do with this coming about and you know who you are and I (we) thank you for it.

Secondly, let's do some campaigning here to see if we can entice the "older" more established members to join in our contests and see if they measure up to the high standers we strive to keep. Throw out the lassos and bring some new colts&horses and fillies&mares into the fray for next year.

Thirdly, some of you had some suggestions for minor changes to some of the rules we play by. I saved some key post information from TCTP but failed to save any of this kinda stuff that was posted in the open forum or in my PM's. Sorry, so if you have ideas you would like considered, post them here or you can PM me (again). Not to say we will honor all or maybe any but hopefully some good ones will show up. I have a couple already but send your thought and ideas in. I guarantee I will not be the only one to decide and will include others if not all here for consensus.

We have 9-10 days before our first contest, so keep those cards and letters coming in in short order.

We want to keep the basic format and how we play pretty much the same but there may be and likely will be some tweaks to make every Saturday or so a little more fun and maybe even better for all.

Thanks for being here and being who you are,
Best Regards and you knows I luvs all yas!!!

DG

BTW - you can also just add thoughts and feeling and year in review reflections as well . . .

DonGuido
11-11-2014, 09:21 PM
So right now all I can throw out there that's a good change (and there may be more before we get too far into the year) is that in order for you to be considered as the ROI Champion of the year you must have played a minimum of 26 weeks, that is made wagers in the ROI contest for a minimum of 26 weeks during the year.

And as much emphasis seems to be place on the Points Contest, we all know that the proof in the pudding lies with the wagers and the ROI.

And I know it may end up that we only play 49 or 50 due to the weekend after BC off and then one or two weekends around Christmas or New Years but there's 52 weeks in a year, so 26 just seems right to those of us who really care.

BTW - for anyone who doesn't know and wants to know who us is . . . the answer lies within GRASSHOPPAH, the answer lies within!!!

Comments please, pro or con or indifferent . . . soon please so I can make the change officially in the Rules.

Arletta
11-11-2014, 09:40 PM
I guess if it aint broke.. why fix it? :D

DonGuido
11-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes, it's a very simple format and only as good, challenging, competitive and rewarding as those of us who play can make it. We have an excellent "family" and hope to adopt more throughout the coming year.

I agree with you and have echoed the same for the many past years.

BTW - your new AVATAR is freaking AWESOME!!!

Arletta
11-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Yes, it's a very simple format and only as good, challenging, competitive and rewarding as those of us who play can make it. We have an excellent "family" and hope to adopt more throughout the coming year.

I agree with you and have echoed the same for the many past years.

BTW - your new AVATAR is freaking AWESOME!!!

Thanks.. I'll leave it up for a few more days :)