PDA

View Full Version : Congrats JolyB!!

Arletta
10-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Congrats to JolyB who won 1st place and $250 over at Pace Advantage in the Match Play Championships!!

Great Job JB!! :tro:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117714

JolyB
10-27-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks very much Arletta. And thank you also to RQ for his kind words in the ROI post and elsewhere. This was a very exhausting and difficult tournament. I figured that I had handicapped 100 races over the 5 week span and placed fantasy wagers of $10,000. Competed against some excellent handicappers and very nice people. The prize was welcome as long as I don't calculate the hourly value based on the amount of time the contest involved. My very supportive and understanding wife, who is an excellent handicapper in her own right (for example, she's still alive in the Portland Meadows Showvivor and I'm not, a fact that she has pointed out:rolleyes:) couldn't understand why I had gotten involved in a tournament that was so intense and time consuming.

One thing became very clear; this really wasn't about picking winners, but was all about money management. In that regard, I feel very fortunate to have gotten experience in structuring exotic wagers in our ROI contests that are more complex and in larger amounts than I would do with my ADW accounts or at the track. I think that background made a world of difference for me.

DonGuido
10-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks very much Arletta. And thank you also to RQ for his kind words in the ROI post and elsewhere. This was a very exhausting and difficult tournament. I figured that I had handicapped 100 races over the 5 week span and placed fantasy wagers of $10,000. Competed against some excellent handicappers and very nice people. The prize was welcome as long as I don't calculate the hourly value based on the amount of time the contest involved. My very supportive and understanding wife, who is an excellent handicapper in her own right (for example, she's still alive in the Portland Meadows Showvivor and I'm not, a fact that she has pointed out:rolleyes:) couldn't understand why I had gotten involved in a tournament that was so intense and time consuming.

One thing became very clear; this really wasn't about picking winners, but was all about money management. In that regard, I feel very fortunate to have gotten experience in structuring exotic wagers in our ROI contests that are more complex and in larger amounts than I would do with my ADW accounts or at the track. I think that background made a world of difference for me.I can understand why just based on our way to short get together at Saratoga last year . . . all I can say is you are The Professor!!! Congrats my friend.