PDA

View Full Version : Belmont/Keeneland Friday Oct. 3

Kitan
10-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Belmont

Race 1:
It's a guessing game with #1 and #5, so let's try the price of #3 Global Warrior. Sire breeds them to win early and he's got a long tab of works to get him fit. Worth it in a small field.

Race 3:
#4 Tacones: Dirt sprinting is her game and she should improve switching to Levine. I like her chances a lot.

Race 5:
#7 Bossanova Lady: Her debut turf run in this class was great. The mile two back was too much and maybe she didn't care for the yielding track last time. She should turn it around.
#2 Fire Ship: Facing open after the state-bred win but she's been much improved on the turf and 7f should suit.
#4 Academyperformance is SCR...

Race 6:
#3 Majestic Empire: Hushion FTS shows a long list of works, including a few bullets. May want further but 6.5f is a good start.
#4 Glacken's Gift: Clement brings this one off the bench and adds Lasix. Her only run is good enough here.
#8 Wavell Avenue: Couldn't close debuting against the speedy Zindaya. Has shown ability on the dirt in the mornings. Worth using.

Race 7:
#5 Doubledown Again: Took a shot on him last time and he missed the break. Nevin takes over and adds the bug. Gets another chance.
#8 Power World is SCR...
#6 Metaurus: I tried him two back when he lost all chance at the start and he ran super last time considering he prefers it drier. Unlikely but isn't without a chance.
Substituted #7 in.

Race 8:
#4 Miz Owell: Out of her depth last time and returns to a class she should win in.
#12 Frosty Bay: Hasn't shown too much this year but this is easier.
#7 Caribean Beat: Seems to run credibly without getting the top prize.

Race 9:
#7 Enduring Touch: Terranova's got some quick works into this debutant.
#5 Majestic Jessica: Bruce not tremendous with 2yos but this one should improve off a solid debut.

$0.60 Pick Five
Race 1: 1, 3, 6
Race 2: 2, 5, 7
Race 3: 4
Race 4: 1, 4, 7
Race 5: 2, 7
$32.40

$0.60 Late Pick Four
Race 6: 3, 4, 8
Race 7: 5, 6, 7
Race 8: 4, 7, 12
Race 9: 5, 7
$32.40

Looking like it'll be wet in Lexington...

Race 1:
#11 Gavroche is SCR...
#10 Parker Road: Closed well from an impossible start after being roughed at the start. Distance should suit and the J/T duo have been on point recently.
#7 Race Day: Rosie hops up as this grey has three solid works for the stretch out.
#12 Lataam: Needed his last and is another that will improve with the distance.

Race 7:
#4 Tapit Wicked: Caught very late after flying early and will be tough to beat with that experience.
#5 Moonlight Bandit: Casse FTS has been working well at CD.
#1 Revelation: Bred to relish the mud. Has shown speed in his gate works so look for him to gun from the rail. Missed all of August and that's the concern.
#10 Ambidextrous Alex: Debut wasn't all that bad and the cut to 6f should help. Solid work over the track and will get Lasix. Don't forget about him.
Also using #3 and #6.

Race 8:
#6 Eastwood is SCR...
#2 Bern Identity: Setbacks well behind him now. Tactics will be interesting.
#1 C. Zee: Might have finished 3rd or 4th had he not checked out of there in his last. Pace scenario should be favourable.

Race 9:
#13 Gap Year: The one that I circled when I first saw the entries. I thought she'd run well, albeit not as great as the barn's winner the day prior to her debut but it was still an eye-catching effort. Lost at the break and rallied superbly to just miss at the wire. Distance won't be an issue, she clearly handles the surface, and is fully cranked off that bullet last week. Single.
#2 Milehigh Butterfly: The one I'm most concerned about. Loomed large and understandably hung off that big move. A run at the right time and she could be dangerous.

Race 10:
Expected to be off the turf.
#12 Kimberly Jean: Shows the most and best dirt form. Her last was clearly a prep and she's much the one to beat if she stays in.
#7 Treaty Oak: Her dirt form isn't that bad but might be a bit underpriced.
#4 Grand Elmendorf: Working better of the two stablemates and broke her maiden off the turf.
#9 The Conception: Blinkers go back on and she's raced best in the shades.
#13 is my substitute.

$1 Late Pick Four
Race 7: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10
Race 8: 1, 2
Race 9: 13
Race 10: 4, 7, 9, 12, 13
$60

Good luck!

wac
10-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Kitan, like gap year as well 2nd time start after a loss next race in a stakes race, that just happen last weekend with KMC but due to that i expect the price to be lower then woudl have liked for a 2yr old jumping from the 12 post.

geojr130
10-03-2014, 03:24 PM
nice call on Ambidextrous Alex
I jumped in on your pic-4 and played a small win wager on the #10
good luck

wac
10-03-2014, 03:53 PM
wow that price is WAY lower then i expected. from 8 to 2-1????? no bet for me.

ADJMK
10-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Saez moved C Zee much too late. Not the aggressive ride he is known for

ADJMK
10-03-2014, 04:00 PM
wow that price is WAY lower then i expected. from 8 to 2-1????? no bet for me.

Everyone must have heard KMc on Steve's show saying the horse is owned by Darley . who is sponsering the race