PDA

View Full Version : Columbus day early double Mountaineer

Byebyemermaid
10-09-2006, 04:09 PM
In the 1st race of bottom maidens the 2 who is 0-34 should finaaly win in this field.I willuse him as well as the 4.The 4 grabs my eye because he showed a little speed last race and is dropping down.the 2nd race is the one i like.The 3,4,5 and 9 are coming out of the same race.The 4 and 9 in their last race had posts 10 and 9.The 3 and 5 were stuck on the inside which was not the place to be.Also the 1 in the 2nd race is in good form.The early double is 2,4/1,3,5.Good luck.

Byebyemermaid
10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Aside from the fact of hitting the double the 2nd race was a very tactical race the way it was run.When the gate sprung open Villa-Gomez on the 5 wanted to make sure that the 4 would be inside him and always kept next to him as not to let him get outside.The horse that is a definite play back is the 3 who had no choice but to go to the rail which has not been the place to be.As exibited by the 9 who was 5 wide the whole way and still wound up getting 2nd.Will remember this name It's Show Time.

Byebyemermaid
10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I think the 8 horse Legendary Queen might be overlooked tonight despite her recent good form.There is enough movement in this race early that she could be a factor.I will back her up and bet her win and place.

DerbyCat
10-09-2006, 08:22 PM
M - Good call on the early DD... I've been playing this track for a few weeks now and have been doing ok... I see why you like it so much.

I agree with you about the 8... I also like the 2 - think I'll box 'em.

Good luck!

DerbyCat
10-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I hate it when the announcers GIVE you the trifecta and you still don't bet it... it's amazing how often the announcers at Mountainer give you the winner or exacta or trifecta... these two know this track really well.

Byebyemermaid
10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
I really thought they would go faster early in the 7th race but that's why they call it gambling.I'm going to use 4 horses in the 9th and a single in the 10th.In the 9th i'll use the 3 who seems to have found his best stride.The 5 who has been running very well.The 7 who is by Gilded Time and might like the move to 2 turns and the 8 who is making 3rd start off a layoff.In the 10th i'm shooting for a price and using the7.Coming off the claim and by Tactical Cat might also like 2 turns.The late double 3.5,7,8/7.Good luck.