PDA

View Full Version : Belmont day Grand slam wager ???

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 03:31 PM
there is the grand slam wager races 7,8,9,10 on 6-10-6.

that way you can play the 8,9,and 10 races and skip the belmont,
the seven race is the 6 horse fillies on turf.
this might be the ticket.

please help me here with understanding this bet.

the horses in the first three legs just have to win place or show, and the final leg they have to win, is that correct, or is it the first three legs win and place without the show ?

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I've got mine mapped out for $20 straight:

2/9/9/4

Gorella/Songster/Ermine/Cacique

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Grand Slam, the New York Racing Association's innovative new $1 minimum wager, will be available at all United Tote and AmTote simulcast sites, initially, when Belmont Park opens its 59-day Spring/Summer Meet on Wednesday, May 3. Scientific Games (formerly Autotote) will not offer the wager immediately, but will participate in Grand Slam at a later date, when its software upgrade has been completed.

Grand Slam offers a bettor 27 ways to win. All the bettor has to do is get his picks to finish first, second or third in each of the first three legs of the wager, and then select the winner of the fourth leg. Grand begin on race 5 during a normal, nine-race NYRA card; on race 6 during a 10-race card.

As an example of the Grand Slam's value, a bettor could construct a mythical ticket by making two picks in the first leg; three in the second; single the third and have two picks in the fourth and final leg for the $1 minimum and the total cost would only be $12 (2x3x1x2 x $1= $12). And, if all of his selections in the first three legs finish in the money and either of his fourth-leg picks wins, the bettor would be holding six winning tickets.

In the event of a late scratch in any leg of the Grand Slam, the bettor will receive the actual betting favorite. Place or show wagering must be available in any of the first three legs of the wager for a horse to qualify as a winning selection; thus, a horse that runs third in a race that offers only win and place wagering will not be considered a winning selection.

Hoisttheflag
06-09-2006, 04:05 PM
I like it. I am playing 3 singles and all in the last race.

Scav
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Anyone know if PINNACLE is taking this wager? I haven't looked

Scav
06-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Also, this Grand Slam thing has 27 possible payouts, but the payout is the same amount for each of those possibilities,right? So if I played a 2x1x2x1 ticket, and both horses hit the board in those two legs, I would be alive to 4 payouts in the last leg, right?

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Also, this Grand Slam thing has 27 possible payouts, but the payout is the same amount for each of those possibilities,right? So if I played a 2x1x2x1 ticket, and both horses hit the board in those two legs, I would be alive to 4 payouts in the last leg, right?

thats my understanding scav. you would have 4 tickets
that need the winner in the fourth race to become cashable.

i put this here because i have never palyed it and wanted some others who have to share what has occured with this.

i don't know if the payout is the same for each of the four winners, if they were to win.

i pwuld think that the payput is slim for the risk youare taking,i can't see it apying more than 5 to 1, but that good enough.

zippyneedsawin
yep.. I guess you have to type at least 10 characters, I can't just type.. "yep"!!

Gander
Yes, its a pretty cool bet if you really like a horse and want to improve the value you may get on him or her.

You can very easily turn a solid 5/2 horse into a 10/1 shot just by correctly selecting 3 straight horses that hit the board. I may play this tomorrow if there isnt one of those shitt ny maiden races in the sequence.

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes, its a pretty cool bet if you really like a horse and want to improve the value you may get on him or her.

You can very easily turn a solid 5/2 horse into a 10/1 shot just by correctly selecting 3 straight horses that hit the board. I may play this tomorrow if there isnt one of those shitt ny maiden races in the sequence.

the sequnce is all stakes tim, sarting with race 6.

race seven only has 6 enterred and O says to single magilla gorilla, so this seems like the ticket !

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 04:22 PM
It's all graded stakes that end with the Manhattan.. I agree.. you can get great "win" odds if you like a horse in the last leg..
Here's an example..
Thursday, I liked Gold and Roses in the feature, which was the last leg of the GS.
I did a $10 bet and was alive to Gold and Roses ( it paid $25.80 for $2).. Gold and Roses went off a 6/5 ( i believe)..

Now, he didn't win, but I got much better value on his nose through the GS than I would for just a straight win bet.

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
and in this case the feature is not the final leg of the grand slam, the feature is the BS the 11th race. the 10th is the 10f turf race with Ec.

hmmmmm, i am liking this bet already!!