PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Saturday

jackofhearts
10-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Can't make it Friday, so let's jump in Saturday!!

Race 1
Using shooters here. How can any favorite(or any runner) be bet with much confidence on the new surface?
#1 HOT SUNRISE should improve off the layoff fror top Ky.trrainer Holthus. Let's see how the #1 hole plays. Of course we have to use #3 HOOPER, who ran a huge race in tough first time out at Gulfstream. This little-known trainer can win at Keeneland.

Race 3
#5 SCIPION doesn't have to fight the fronb-end bias here any more. He is with a trainer who uses polytrack regularly to condition his runners. Downside being Biancone doesn't improve runners over time. Look what a mess he has made of top sprinter LIKELY.

Race 4
Biancone again with #1 8-80-8, who has strong polytrack works, and closed very well at Turfway.

Race 5
#8 COBRADOR looks like a live upsetter vs. #6 ADMIRAL BIRD and #1 TWILIGHT METEOR. Toss in #2 PETE THE POET for a
4-runner tri box. Just going with under the radar winning Ky.trainers.

Race 6
The Fires crew could strike with #3 EVERYTHING GOOD, whose #s equal the favorites. Smart rider Borel increases the chances of #7 MY BELONGING.

Race 7
#3 LEVEL PLAYINGFIELD was very good running past a very strong early pace on polytrack. Another live shot from the Holthus/McKee combo. These runners have some of the highest BRIS #s I have ever seen.

Race 8
I can't decide between #6 PASSPORT and #7 STREET SENSE. tHE #7 has Nafzger as the listed trainer, so beware! His longshot wins are plentiful, especially here. The Brothers runner has a very strong racing pedigree, with an improving form cycle. They could upset the obvious favorites on a new surface.

Race 9
#3 AUSSIE RULES has the right Euro form and class to get up here. #6 COSMONAUT should be a major front-running danger, though tis turf course has NEVER been kind to front-runners. The mile distance could play to that style today. #2 MIESQUE'S APPROVAL has improved dramatically with age. I never thought he could get this good, and he has run well here.

Race 10
#6 PARISIAN PARADE should be live off her polytrack works for a trainer who is at his best with young lightly raced runners. #8 HALF A.P. could be a decent payer for Pletcher, though if this runner is really live, the odds will be much lower.

Hopefully back with Belmont later.

Kasept
10-05-2006, 06:26 PM
J'oH,

Nice! Thx.. Keep 'em coming...

NoCarolinaTony
10-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Nice Job...I may to give it go before Sat.

NC Tony

jackofhearts
10-06-2006, 04:01 AM
Much appreciated.
Though I hope I am being thanked Sunday by VERY happy people.
I really thought the Belmont card was uninspiring.