PDA

View Full Version : General Announcement/thoughts

Kasept
06-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Want to thank everyone as we hit our 2nd week "on the air" at the new Derby Trail... 250 'Derby Trailers' on board and I hope we'll continue to add race fans and industry folks. "Tell your friends", I suppose..

Overall, I'd say the general atmosphere has settled in really well, and I hope no one is offended by anything I've deleted or edited, etc.. Those that know me well know I'm not a tight ass or prude, but I do want to keep the environment here civil and respectable.

I'm learning the ins and outs of the extensive Forum tools, and will get the avatar thing working soon.. I'm also seeing how I can edit posts, ban words and the like...

But personally, I don't want, and don't think I should need, to exersize those kinds of controls. This isn't like a "public" general sports site message board... Considering that EVERYONE who comes here is or wants to be a thoroughbred racing fan, I would think that all would respond to posters with mutual respect and appreciation.

As LBJ used to say... "Don't spit in the soup, we've all got to eat it."

Hope you're enjoying the Forum and the new home of Derby Trail.

Enjoy Belmon Day!
Steve Byk

Scav
06-09-2006, 12:43 PM
LBJ? no idea who you are talking about?

oracle80
06-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Lyndon Baines Johnson the President, geez, guy can tell you who won a race at AP three years ago, but not who LBJ is? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Exceller
06-09-2006, 01:24 PM

Another corrupt TX president. Three TX presidents= 3 Wars. Something in the water down there. We need an amendment to the constitution banning Texans from becoming president.

oracle80
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Another corrupt TX president. Three TX presidents= 3 Wars. Something in the water down there. We need an amendment to the constitution banning Texans from becoming president.

I don't think this is quite the theme that Steve was looking for on this thread.

Exceller
06-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't think this is quite the theme that Steve was looking for on this thread.

I think you missed the humor in it.

GenuineRisk
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
"LBJ took the IRT
Down to Ford Street, USA.
When he got there, what did he see?
The youth of America on LSD."

Okay, baby boomers, what's that from? Thanks to my ex-hippie dad, I knew that rhyme before I knew what any of the initials (besides USA) stood for!

And thanks, Kasept, for a really, really enjoyable board. Hopping on and reading everyone's posts is one of the highlights of my day. I continue to learn a lot every time I do. :)

GPK
06-10-2006, 07:00 AM

This is the same guy that when he saw Dionne Warwick on American Idol a couple weeks ago he had NO CLUE who she was.

Bold Brooklynite
06-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Steve,

I don't know who or what you are ... but I'm glad you're doing what you're doing.

Other thoroughbred racing sites have eventually been taken over by bitter old hags seeking revenge on all mankind ... or silly girls and even sillier girly-boys who get all weepy over the pretty horsies.

This site seems to be for adult males ... and sensible women ... who enjoy thoroughbred racing. Let's hope it stays that way.

Thanks much for setting it up.

Want to thank everyone as we hit our 2nd week "on the air" at the new Derby Trail... 250 'Derby Trailers' on board and I hope we'll continue to add race fans and industry folks. "Tell your friends", I suppose..

Overall, I'd say the general atmosphere has settled in really well, and I hope no one is offended by anything I've deleted or edited, etc.. Those that know me well know I'm not a tight ass or prude, but I do want to keep the environment here civil and respectable.

I'm learning the ins and outs of the extensive Forum tools, and will get the avatar thing working soon.. I'm also seeing how I can edit posts, ban words and the like...

But personally, I don't want, and don't think I should need, to exersize those kinds of controls. This isn't like a "public" general sports site message board... Considering that EVERYONE who comes here is or wants to be a thoroughbred racing fan, I would think that all would respond to posters with mutual respect and appreciation.

As LBJ used to say... "Don't spit in the soup, we've all got to eat it."

Hope you're enjoying the Forum and the new home of Derby Trail.

Enjoy Belmon Day!
Steve Byk

Scav
06-10-2006, 10:50 AM
argh argh ohoh ohoh - Tim Allen

Dunbar
06-11-2006, 03:52 AM
Steve,

I don't know who or what you are ... but I'm glad you're doing what you're doing.

Other thoroughbred racing sites have eventually been taken over by bitter old hags seeking revenge on all mankind ... or silly girls and even sillier girly-boys who get all weepy over the pretty horsies.

This site seems to be for adult males ... and sensible women ... who enjoy thoroughbred racing. Let's hope it stays that way.

Thanks much for setting it up.

The "ignore" feature is pretty cool. It's a good way to filter out nonsense from threads you may still want to read. I put a couple of the "pretty tail" posters on my "ignore" list. I think they are more likely to be trolls than 12-yr-olds, but either way, "Ignore" works great.

You can find a link to "Ignore" near the bottom left of the "User CP" section (see top left above).

--Dunbar