PDA

View Full Version : The Travers!

Sightseek
08-18-2013, 09:48 AM
NYRA has a few videos of the contender's works up. Eric Guillot discusses his strategy for the race here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0hGbPsZ14&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxRmRUB3kX-X-_9YsNFhq3g

Article on Orb's vacay: http://www.theracingbiz.com/2013/08/13/for-orb-mcgaughey-a-trip-to-fair-hill-is-just-what-the-doctor-ordered/

Probables:
Palace Malice (Mike Smith)
Verrazano (John Velazquez)
Orb (Joel Rosario)
Moreno (Jose Ortiz)
War Dancer (Alan Garcia)
Golden Soul (Robby Albarado)
Romansh (Javier Castellano)
Transparent (Irad Ortiz Jr.)
Will Take Charge (Junior Alvarado)

Sightseek
08-19-2013, 07:51 AM
I'll just talk to myself. :D

Orb had his final work today, Mike Welsch tweeted that he looked pre-FL and KY Derby. With the plan for Moreno will it set up for Orb again??

Alabama Stakes
08-19-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Moreno plans to win the Travers, not set it up for Orb.

freddymo
08-19-2013, 10:30 AM
I'll just talk to myself. :D

Orb had his final work today, Mike Welsch tweeted that he looked pre-FL and KY Derby. With the plan for Moreno will it set up for Orb again??

So why do you think Orb has been in Maryland when Shug stables in SPA?

santana
08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Better water in Maryland ?

dellinger63
08-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Better water in Maryland ?

:tro::tro:

Big Red Spring water, enough said.

wac
08-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Anyone on here like Will Take Charge? i thought his last race looked pretty good and if the jockey wouldn't have had to worry about going inside then outside of palace malice im not so sure he doesn't win. I know he is a big horse and if there are only 8-10 horses in the race maybe he can do soemthing. Seems like every big race for a 3yr colt is won by someone different except for Verazano and Palace Malice so why not?

Sightseek
08-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Anyone on here like Will Take Charge? i thought his last race looked pretty good and if the jockey wouldn't have had to worry about going inside then outside of palace malice im not so sure he doesn't win. I know he is a big horse and if there are only 8-10 horses in the race maybe he can do soemthing. Seems like every big race for a 3yr colt is won by someone different except for Verazano and Palace Malice so why not?

The Dandy is the only race I didn't use Will Take Charge that is why he actually hit the board. :mad: :D

Calzone Lord
08-19-2013, 09:25 PM
It will be a great card -- and the Travers will be a fun race to watch -- but that looks like a very unappealing betting race.

I couldn't bet Orb with counterfeit money.

Verrazano will crush this field with a repeat, but his last race came with a perfect trip over an extremely dull race track.

Palace Malice ran a fast time in the Jim Dandy, especially considering Caxia Eletronica's time at the same distance in Race 1 that day, but the track almost certainly became much faster. It really did look like one of those classic brutally tough figuremaking days that Saratoga is known for.

Transparent isn't impossible, but he will take a little more money than he should...especially with his pedigree and connections.

I just don't see the others being competitive enough.

RockHardTen1985
08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
It will be a great card -- and the Travers will be a fun race to watch -- but that looks like a very unappealing betting race.

Verrazano will crush this field with a repeat, but his last race came with a perfect trip over an extremely dull race track.

Palace Malice ran a fast time in the Jim Dandy, especially considering Caxia Eletronica's time at the same distance in Race 1 that day, but the track almost certainly became much faster. It really did look like one of those classic brutally tough figuremaking days that Saratoga is known for.

Transparent isn't impossible, but he will take a little more money than he should...especially with his pedigree and connections.

I'm going to use War Dancer. Plan will be to beat Verazzano and Palice Malice. I think Orb will be fine Saturday.... Pace will be hot enough.

freddymo
08-20-2013, 04:12 PM

So you figure the special efforts to heal Orb's pain aren't going to help make up 4 or 5 lengths?

Sightseek
08-20-2013, 04:18 PM

I'm not counting Orb out and like Palace Malice better than Verrazano.

What would you consider to be a good price on Transparent?

Danzig
08-20-2013, 04:41 PM
So you figure the special efforts to heal Orb's pain aren't going to help make up 4 or 5 lengths?

pain from what? we're not all in the know, don't be so cryptic...

Sightseek
08-21-2013, 11:04 AM
1 Romansh
2 Orb
3 Verrazano
4 Golden Soul
5 Will Take Charge
6 Moreno
7 War Dancer
8 Palace Malice
9 Transparent

Danzig
08-21-2013, 05:25 PM

*crickets*

dellinger63
08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
*crickets*

All good/great trainers like to keep their big horse right next to the office.

Shug's present 'office' is at the Oklahoma track (Saratoga) on the first turn.

Orb was in Maryland.

Did Riot take over your identity?

Cause I've met you and you've changed.

dellinger63
08-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Just heard Orb tweeted Zenyatta saying he's all right and is looking forward to possibly meeting her after winning the Travers tomorrow. Something about painting a canoe red and white but with no R.

Meanwhile today Zenyatta was busy updating her facebook page and painting a picture to send to Al's Uncle in an attempt to find a cub to court. Not sure where she's dining or with who tonight?

That's inside info.

Merlinsky
08-21-2013, 09:01 PM

I took that to be general snark, not special knowledge of a particular boo boo.

Danzig
08-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I took that to be general snark, not special knowledge of a particular boo boo.

thanks.

i just figured they sent him there for r and r, without actually shutting him down completely. of course they may do things a bit differently with orb then with some of their other horses. from what i've read, it's done him some good. too bad more horses don't get such treatment.

All good/great trainers like to keep their big horse right next to the office.

Shug's present 'office' is at the Oklahoma track (Saratoga) on the first turn.

Orb was in Maryland.

Did Riot take over your identity?

Cause I've met you and you've changed.

you charmer, you.

Sightseek
08-22-2013, 06:47 AM
Just heard Orb tweeted Zenyatta saying he's all right and is looking forward to possibly meeting her after winning the Travers tomorrow. Something about painting a canoe red and white but with no R.

Meanwhile today Zenyatta was busy updating her facebook page and painting a picture to send to Al's Uncle in an attempt to find a cub to court. Not sure where she's dining or with who tonight?

That's inside info.

OMG! Did you see the tweet that Bernardini sent out to @Orbcolt?

"Whatever dude. Sloppy seconds."

Danzig
08-22-2013, 09:48 AM
OMG! Did you see the tweet that Bernardini sent out to @Orbcolt?

"Whatever dude. Sloppy seconds."

!

:p

Sightseek
08-23-2013, 06:30 PM
If the $15K bet was yours to make who would you place it on?

My bet: I would play it "safe" with Palace Malice

alysheba4
08-24-2013, 10:14 AM
T.P. exacta box

casp0555
08-24-2013, 10:23 AM
If the $15K bet was yours to make who would you place it on?

My bet: I would play it "safe" with Palace Malice

Me too....probably, temptation takes over and I take WTC :$::$:

Sightseek
08-24-2013, 04:51 PM
What???!

casp0555
08-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Me too....probably, temptation takes over and I take WTC :$::$:

to tell the truth....I would be undergoing CPR right right about now :eek:

Sightseek
08-24-2013, 05:18 PM
to tell the truth....I would be undergoing CPR right right about now :eek:

:D Like I said, I was totally drawn in by the trip he had in the Derby and played him in his next two races. Once those were bombs, I gave up and he started running! :o

wac
08-24-2013, 10:11 PM
thanks bama, this season has been so odd it just seems like these horses change by the week. I don't have any money to bet but I love giving out winners to my coworkers I just like reading the drf. like I said in my post seems like a new horse jumps up and wins these 3yr old races wild season.