PDA

View Full Version : Pick 4 6-10-6, belmont, help !

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 08:57 AM
this is one heck of a race day !

anybody see a single in the 1 million dollar pick 4 ??

or even just two in one race ??

anybody ????

oracle80
06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
this is one heck of a race day !

anybody see a single in the 1 million dollar pick 4 ??

or even just two in one race ??

anybody ????

I really love Gorella if you are looking for just one short priced single. Pommes Frites will be loose early but I think Mirablis will try her on the turn with Wend not far behind that one. The Widener tends to highly favor closers, especially on off turf. I think Gorella will inhale them late, and her soft turf success in Europe puts aside fears of handling soft turf. In addition closers like Gorella often encounter traffic trouble, which has been teh case with her recently, even in her win at keeneland she was barely able to get through and up. WIth only 5 others horses to go between and around, I really can't see her losing.

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 09:03 AM
thanks, but that one isn't in the pick 4

you got the 3yo sprint at 7f
the 3 yo fillies at 8f
the 10f turf
belmont

oracle80
06-09-2006, 09:13 AM
In that case I like cacique. In his debut, he acted like many Euros do in their US debuts. He got left and didnt handle the turns well. Reason for this is simple, in Europe horses are never asked or hustled out the gate. takes a start sometimes for them to break alertly and spend energy early, no matter how well they have been training.
IN his last he broke much better and showed more tactical speed. But prado deftly locked Pval in and wasn't gonna let him out. English Channel had a trip you dream at night of your bets getting. He laid a comfortable third right behind to horses setting a moderate pace that he was clearly superior to. When that happens you can make one move on the turn and open up daylight. The soft place left him plenty in the tank in the stretch. By the time Pval extricated cacique and got him clear, the race was over. I personally had given up on Cacique when I saw the fractions and watched EC make his move. I knew it was over. But Cacique actually teased those of us who bet him by still making a race of it late.
Belmont has wider, more euro style turns which he should handle better. Off the last race I think he is a better horse than EC and that the course and added ground and turf conditions should aid him more than EC. I can't see Grey Swallow after he just beat those inferior horses, and Relaxed gesture has a lot of "hang" to him. He did win the Canadian race quiet well, but in his other races against stakes compnay he doesnt seem to posess a lot of will to run by anyone in a dogfight. To me, cacique just really figures to roll here.

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 09:30 AM
i don't care to include RG for the win after a trip from dubai,
noone wins first back from there.

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 09:40 AM
In that case I like cacique. In his debut, he acted like many Euros do in their US debuts. He got left and didnt handle the turns well. Reason for this is simple, in Europe horses are never asked or hustled out the gate. takes a start sometimes for them to break alertly and spend energy early, no matter how well they have been training.
IN his last he broke much better and showed more tactical speed. But prado deftly locked Pval in and wasn't gonna let him out. English Channel had a trip you dream at night of your bets getting. He laid a comfortable third right behind to horses setting a moderate pace that he was clearly superior to. When that happens you can make one move on the turn and open up daylight. The soft place left him plenty in the tank in the stretch. By the time Pval extricated cacique and got him clear, the race was over. I personally had given up on Cacique when I saw the fractions and watched EC make his move. I knew it was over. But Cacique actually teased those of us who bet him by still making a race of it late.
Belmont has wider, more euro style turns which he should handle better. Off the last race I think he is a better horse than EC and that the course and added ground and turf conditions should aid him more than EC. I can't see Grey Swallow after he just beat those inferior horses, and Relaxed gesture has a lot of "hang" to him. He did win the Canadian race quiet well, but in his other races against stakes compnay he doesnt seem to posess a lot of will to run by anyone in a dogfight. To me, cacique just really figures to roll here.

SSHHHHHH!!! He's my single too... unfortunately, I still can't seem to trim down the other legs enough!!!

oracle80
06-09-2006, 09:44 AM
SSHHHHHH!!! He's my single too... unfortunately, I still can't seem to trim down the other legs enough!!!
Well thats because the other legs are nightmares for a pik-6 player. It means you posess common sense and have a firm grasp on reality Zippy.

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 09:58 AM
OK, here's the Pick-4 I've worked out so far... please tell me if I'm crazy to sink this much $$ into it!!

(Starting with race 8)

1,2,4,5,9/2,3,5,6,7,8,9/4/2,4,5,6,7,8,9,11= $280 for $1

Any glaring omissions or selections that should be automatically tossed??

also:

I won't play the Pick-6, but here's my ticket for that(this is all barring scratches and track conditions, of course)

1,2,7/2/1,2,4,5,9/2,3,5,6,7,8,9/4/2,4,5,6,7,8,9,11 =$1680 for $2

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 10:08 AM
OK, here's the Pick-4 I've worked out so far... please tell me if I'm crazy to sink this much $$ into it!!

(Starting with race 8)

also:

I won't play the Pick-6, but here's my ticket for that(this is all barring scratches and track conditions, of course)

in race 8, i don't like bling 1st of layoff of 63 days, even with gopmez on board

in race 9 Miraculous miss, you could prolly skip, she seems to have leveled off at about 6 on tgraph, even a big forward move might not be enough

i would hate to use a single in race 10, i went 4,8
Echannel, pletcher at belmont, can't leave him out

race 11, prolly use 6 or 7 if i play the pick 4,
i moght go cheap and stick to the pick 3 (8,9,10)

here is what i have

8) 4,5,9
9) 3,5,7,9
10) 4,8
11) 4 horses 3*4*2*4= 96, too much, and 4 horses
may not cover enough

skip race 11, $24 for 1 dollar , no big deal if i loose the 24
loosing 96, ouch !

Pointg5
06-09-2006, 10:10 AM
in race 8, i don't like bling 1st of layoff of 63 days, even with gopmez on board

in race 9 Miraculous miss, you could prolly skip, she seems to have leveled off at about 6 on tgraph, even a big forward move might not be enough

here is what i have

8) 4,5,9
9) 3,5,7,9
10) 4,8
may not cover enough

loosing 96, ouch !

Sec, if you have some friends that like racing, try to get them to go in with you, my buddy and I go in together all the time, it limits your wins, but also your losses. You're able to take some more stabs and go deeper.

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 10:19 AM

here is what i have

8) 4,5,9
9) 3,5,7,9
10) 4,8
may not cover enough

loosing 96, ouch !

I don't know about tossing the 'Bling.' Seemed fine off his last layoff ('06 debut).. He's shown he can sit off the pace, which I would expect to be blazing in this race.

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 10:25 AM
ya its tough to leave bling out, i may have to include him, dam....

godam card has every dam great horse in the country in it, you would THINK, they would make it a little easier,

godam NY.......

they get every great horse and here we get the table scraps

arrrggghhhhhh.

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 10:45 AM
ya its tough to leave bling out, i may have to include him, dam....

godam card has every dam great horse in the country in it, you would THINK, they would make it a little easier,

godam NY.......

they get every great horse and here we get the table scraps

arrrggghhhhhh.

LOL.. I hear ya.. It's frustrating, everytime I think I've found one to toss... I find a reason to include 'em again..

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=zippyneedsawin]OK, here's the Pick-4 I've worked out so far... please tell me if I'm crazy to sink this much $$ into it!!

(Starting with race 8)

Maybe we can start trimming... Pletcher says Keyed Entry is "unlikely" for the Woody Stevens...

here's the DRF article.. it's at the end..

By DAVID GRENING
ELMONT, N.Y. - When last they met, Too Much Bling crushed Songster by nine lengths in the Grade 3 Bay Shore Stakes over a sloppy Aqueduct track. When they meet again in Saturday's $250,000 Woody Stephens Breeders' Cup Handicap - formerly the Riva Ridge - at Belmont Park, Tom Albertrani, the trainer of Songster, believes he may be able to turn the tables.
In the Bay Shore, Too Much Bling was able to stalk One Way Flight and Songster and appeared much more comfortable over the sloppy going than did Songster. While Too Much Bling hasn't run since the Bay Shore, Songster came back to win the Grade 3 Hirsch Jacobs at Pimlico by 10 lengths.

"I don't think he handled the track that well," Albertrani said of the Bay Shore. "He was definitely a lot sharper going into the Hirsch Jacobs Stakes at Pimlico. He was training a little better going into that race; he's training well now."

Albertrani hopes the track dries out by the time the Woody Stephens is run. Songster did benefit at the post-position draw by drawing the outside. Too Much Bling drew the rail.

"I don't like that at all," Bob Baffert, trainer of Too Much Bling, said of his colt's draw. "Now he's got to commit."

Too Much Bling is 3 for 3 this year, all in stakes. Too Much Bling won the Bay Shore coming off an eight-week layoff. He comes into this race off a nine-week layoff, but with a sharp work tab.

The Woody Stephens, run at seven furlongs, is not a two-horse race.

Likely and Fabulous Strike both have credentials to be a factor in this field. Likely, a son of 1999 Riva Ridge winner Yes It's True, won the Lafayette Stakes at Keeneland by nine lengths on April 9. He was sent off the 4-5 favorite in a second-level allowance race at Churchill, but finished second after being forced to take up at the break.

"We were thinking that to go for the [Woody Stephens] we needed to give him a bit more education," trainer Patrick Biancone said. "It was good because he got a bit of an education: he was squeezed by the two horses at the start, he finished well, and learned something."

Fabulous Strike takes a step up in class after winning all three of his starts this year, including an overnight stakes at Belmont on May 10.

"It wouldn't surprise me if he was that kind of horse," trainer Todd Beattie said. "He's been awful impressive to me. Better than I've had."

Keyed Entry is entered, but trainer Todd Pletcher said he is unlikely to run.

Secretariat
06-09-2006, 12:12 PM
i posted my 60 dollars ticket in the selection section,
i used 1,5 ,i'll use 9 in case of a scratch

lemoncrush
06-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I didn't even realize there was a $1 million pk 4 races 8-11.
I was handicapping the pk. 4 from races 10-13.
I'll probably play both, but the late pick 4 may offer more value, especially with two maiden races and big fields.

jpops757
06-09-2006, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=zippyneedsawin]OK, here's the Pick-4 I've worked out so far... please tell me if I'm crazy to sink this much $$ into it!!

(Starting with race 8)

Maybe we can start trimming... Pletcher says Keyed Entry is "unlikely" for the Woody Stevens...

here's the DRF article.. it's at the end..

the Riva Ridge - at Belmont Park, Tom Albertrani, the trainer of Songster, believes he may be able to turn the tables.
In the Bay Shore, Too Much Bling was able to stalk One Way Flight and Songster and appeared much more comfortable over the sloppy going than did Songster. While Too Much Bling hasn't run since the Bay Shore, Songster came back to win the Grade 3 Hirsch Jacobs at Pimlico by 10 lengths.

"I don't think he handled the track that well," Albertrani said of the Bay Shore. "He was definitely a lot sharper going into the Hirsch Jacobs Stakes at Pimlico. He was training a little better going into that race; he's training well now."

Albertrani hopes the track dries out by the time the Woody Stephens is run. Songster did benefit at the post-position draw by drawing the outside. Too Much Bling drew the rail.

"I don't like that at all," Bob Baffert, trainer of Too Much Bling, said of his colt's draw. "Now he's got to commit."

Too Much Bling is 3 for 3 this year, all in stakes. Too Much Bling won the Bay Shore coming off an eight-week layoff. He comes into this race off a nine-week layoff, but with a sharp work tab.

The Woody Stephens, run at seven furlongs, is not a two-horse race.

Likely and Fabulous Strike both have credentials to be a factor in this field. Likely, a son of 1999 Riva Ridge winner Yes It's True, won the Lafayette Stakes at Keeneland by nine lengths on April 9. He was sent off the 4-5 favorite in a second-level allowance race at Churchill, but finished second after being forced to take up at the break.

"We were thinking that to go for the [Woody Stephens] we needed to give him a bit more education," trainer Patrick Biancone said. "It was good because he got a bit of an education: he was squeezed by the two horses at the start, he finished well, and learned something."

Fabulous Strike takes a step up in class after winning all three of his starts this year, including an overnight stakes at Belmont on May 10.

"It wouldn't surprise me if he was that kind of horse," trainer Todd Beattie said. "He's been awful impressive to me. Better than I've had."

Keyed Entry is entered, but trainer Todd Pletcher said he is unlikely to run.
If KE stays this is his wheelhouse.

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I didn't even realize there was a $1 million pk 4 races 8-11.
I was handicapping the pk. 4 from races 10-13.
I'll probably play both, but the late pick 4 may offer more value, especially with two maiden races and big fields.

if you have any secrets on how you're trimming up the 1 million dollars pick 4, let me know, cause it's tough!!

zippyneedsawin
06-10-2006, 09:50 PM

(Starting with race 8)

also:

Without Keyed Entry, the Pick 4 cost $224 for $1... paid $934.50.. A lot to invest for the return, but I'll take it! :)

oracle80
06-11-2006, 09:37 AM

here is what i have

8) 4,5,9
9) 3,5,7,9
10) 4,8
may not cover enough

loosing 96, ouch !

Guys I'm anxiously awaiting Secretariat's return on monday. I think he may have hit that pik-4 at Belmont. He usually plays real light and if he hit the pik-4 it may mark his biggest score ever. I hope he used jazil.