PDA

View Full Version : Belmont track conditions today

oracle80
06-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Belmont today the condtions are muddy and soft, only the last race remians on the turf. The others are off. Like I said, it WAS a nice card.

blackthroatedwind
06-09-2006, 09:17 AM
It's nice out now, at least in NYC, and if we get lucky and avoid any thunderstorms the track will dry out pretty quickly.

You're right, it was a nice card, and now it isn't.

oracle80
06-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Black,
I thought it was a great one. I have to be honest, I try and avoid playing when the track is sealed. I just can't hit. I once told our common friend that I would pay him 100 bucks on a day when the track was sealed to tie me to a chair and not let me free until the last race was over, would be cheaper than playing.
How I long for the days of my youth when sloppy tracks meant making huge cash. In those good old days before sealing, sloppy tracks meant that anyone with off track pedigree knowledge and an ability to isolate who the speed was, could make a nice score. Not anymore, when I watch races conducted over sealed surfaces I just see a whole bunch of horses who arent handling it, a few who dont detest it quiet so much, and maybe one or two who can handle it. Gives me fits.

zippyneedsawin
06-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Black,
I thought it was a great one. I have to be honest, I try and avoid playing when the track is sealed. I just can't hit. I once told our common friend that I would pay him 100 bucks on a day when the track was sealed to tie me to a chair and not let me free until the last race was over, would be cheaper than playing.
How I long for the days of my youth when sloppy tracks meant making huge cash. In those good old days before sealing, sloppy tracks meant that anyone with off track pedigree knowledge and an ability to isolate who the speed was, could make a nice score. Not anymore, when I watch races conducted over sealed surfaces I just see a whole bunch of horses who arent handling it, a few who dont detest it quiet so much, and maybe one or two who can handle it. Gives me fits.

LOL! I'm the same way. I get killed everyone time I try to handicap on those days... unfortunately you'd think I would learn my lesson and stay away on those sloppy/sealed days!

eurobounce
06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Black,

I miss those days too Oracle. I used to love when an Unbridled offspring was running on a muddy, non-sealed track. I hate sealed tracks. Any cheap speed wins the race. Watch the jocks at the start of the race they will hussel the horse to the lead as hard as they can because they know the lead is a win for them.

blackthroatedwind
06-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I agree about sealed tracks. They are totally different than sloppy tracks from days of old and I pretty much stay away from them and rarely if ever seem to win on them. Unlike you, apparantly, I don't need to be tied to a chair to not bet.

That being said, if the sun is out I am hopeful they will open the track up today. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It's not like there is anything interesting on the card, especially early, today.