PDA

View Full Version : Ky Cup Juvenille

Rupert Pupkin
09-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I like a horse in the Ky Cup Juvenille today which is the 9th race at Turfway. The horses I like is Son of the West. He should be a good price. He's 8-1 on the morning-line. He's a really nice colt. He was one of my favorite horses at the Fasig Tipton Calder sale. He worked really well there. He sold for $350,000. I think people will overlook him today because he broke his maiden at Ellis Park. I think he will love the extra distance today. He looks like a route horse. However it is tough to come out of a 5 furlong race and win at
1 1/16 miles. He's taking a huge step up today also facing stakes horses off a maiden win. I think he is a quality horse but the big question is whether this is asking too much too soon.

paisjpq
09-30-2006, 01:35 PM
caught the last few minutes of that other racing show on sirius this AM and they were on this horse too...hope you get the price you want.

Rupert Pupkin
09-30-2006, 02:48 PM
caught the last few minutes of that other racing show on sirius this AM and they were on this horse too...hope you get the price you want.

I don't like to hear that. It's never good when you hear someone is touting the horse you like.

Gander
09-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Nice effort. Hope you didnt lose too much Richi.

Rupert Pupkin
09-30-2006, 04:38 PM
He ran well Rupert first time around 2 turns. Should be tough in the Breeders Futurity at Keeneland if they go there.

Yeah I agree with you. I think he ran alright. It was a pretty tough situation for an inexperienced horse. He'd never been behind horses before and he'd never gone two turns. His trip wasn't great either. It was definitely a learning experience for him. Running 3rd and losing by 2 1/2 lengths was a respectable perfomance. They said he acted up a bit in the paddock too. I would definitely expect him to move forward off of this race. The Keeneland race you mentioned is probably a good spot for him since he seemed to handle the polytrack alright.

Rupert Pupkin
09-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Nice effort. Hope you didnt lose too much Richi.

Nah, I knew he had a lot going against him today so I didn't make too big of a bet on him. I bet $250 WP. This last week has been terrible though. Every horse I bet to win and place runs 3rd. Every horse I bet to win runs 2nd.